• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

What I'm essentially saying is if God wants you , you are His regardless of who raises you. Faith is still a personal choice. I could have chosen to be a chip off the old block but that's not how it worked out.

I do agree that it would be better for the church to be more involved with the less fortunate in this world, but that's not the way it is. God can use who ever He chooses to fulfill His will. Wishing things in this world were ideal wont change the reality of it all.

It's not wishing...Christianity USED to do that, but not anymore. Why?

No money in it. :huh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

What I'm essentially saying is if God wants you , you are His regardless of who raises you. Faith is still a personal choice. I could have chosen to be a chip off the old block but that's not how it worked out.

I do agree that it would be better for the church to be more involved with the less fortunate in this world, but that's not the way it is. God can use who ever He chooses to fulfill His will. Wishing things in this world were ideal wont change the reality of it all.

No money in it. :huh:

I wish you were wrong...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

But you'll never be able to convince me that living with unbelieving parents is as bad as being raped.

Me neither. Not even if they are "living in sin."

Again, it's not a matter of what's "worse". None of us have advocated any such thing. What we've said is that this is a false delimma. There are other options. Making gay adoptions legal is not the answer, and will subsequently only lead to further problems.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/03/1975

Gay adoption is already legal in some parts of the world.

We are all sinners, but all sin is not "equal". The consequences vary GREATLY from one sin to the next.

Mathew 12:31 Every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

I would appreciate some scripture on the consequences of sin. The only place I can recall reading this is in the old testament before Christ dying for our sin.

Have you read the various Scriptures where believer are sternly warned against leading someone else astray?

Yes, these scriptures are talking about sinners intentionally trying to lead Christians away from the Lord.

In fact, God is specifically firm in His warnings against harming children. We should take these warnings seriously.

Of course we should. And we need to protect them as well, not leave them to the streets until someone worthy comes along.

This reminds me of a story I once heard where a man was on his roof top waiting to be rescued by the Lord and 3 rescue boats came by to rescue him and he continuiously told them that the Lord was going to save him. The man died and when he reached heaven he asked the Lord

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I don't know about other nations, but in the US, I think its because we "the Church" are as caught up in the ME of everything as the world is. Its infiltrated into our thoughts by everything we see and read today. I think it is so rampant that we don't even see it anymore.