IGNORED

Has anyone lost a loved one that was very close to them?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Just wondering if anyone out there has lost someone recently or even in the past, that they were very close to?? Just curious if the hurt continues as much later, as time goes by. I know my mother's with God now, so that's not a concern of mine. But I think the longer it goes, the more I miss not seeing that beautiful, understanding , wisdom-filled smile she seemed to always have on her face! You know, that look most mothers have that assure us that everything will be alright if we just keep the faith and remember to love and praise God and HIS peoples!

If anyone would like to recognize their loved ones here, I'll begin by saying I'd like to pray for you and their souls so we can all be one big happy family with Our Lord God in our final resting place in Heaven.

Blessings

Cajunboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,878
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  229
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

my son was taken home just over 11 years ago...the pain gets duller with time but the ache of missing him always remains ..Praise the Lord that I know one day I will get to clip him around the ear and then hug him for a hundred years :laugh::):):emot-hug:

I know this is different but my Mother died in childbirth when I was 22 months old and when I hit my teens the realisation of not having a memory of her tore at the core of me. Especially now I'm a Mum, it's hard.

But I have lost also my Dad in '99, my Brother in 2003 and then my nephew in 2004....so hard. The pain is still there.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It DOES get easier, if your grief is 'normal.' I'm an old guy and have lost lots and lots of loved ones.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Yes it does get easier with time. I think we put it in a place where it doesn't hurt so much. I have lost both my mom and dad. Whenever I go through something hard like now with my husband being sick or when something good happens I still want to pick up the phone and take with them.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

My son died almost 3 years ago, I still find myself having that "no, he can't be gone" feeling. I miss his laugh, his smile, just everything really. Does it hurt like it did when it first happened, no, its not that sharp unrelenting pain any more, its become something deeper. But now I can laugh and talk about him with my other children without feeling like something is tearing me apart.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hello friends...I moved this as I don't really think the weird and whacky section was appropriate. Botz :rolleyes:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I lost my mom very shortly before I left the hospital. She was in bad shape and so was I for that matter. We never had a very close relationship until just days before she passed. She had seen all that the Lord had done in me and we really bonded over the last two days she was alive. She could hardly breath and her voice was all trembly, but I remember she told me she wanted what I had. I am hoping and believing she confessed Christ before she passed. Before the alcohol took its tole her, mom was so beautiful and I really want to see her in heaven, beautiful again.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

I lost my dear brother when he was 21. He was the one who brought me to an understanding of salvation. I had already made a commitment when I was 8 but didn't really understand what it meant until he became a Christian and showed me. My parents were constantly arguing so he and I were very close. He died suddenly while he was in prayer. He was a tremendous witness during his lifetime, short though it was.

I STILL miss him, although the sharp pain has gone now as it is many years. However, I always remember him on the anniversary of his death and at Christmas and on his birthday. I also really wish he and my husband could have met as they share so many interests!

He will be the first person I will look for (after Jesus of course) when I get to Heaven!