• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom Hupo,

What did your wife think of the book?

My trip was awesome to be sure. We saw things I never dreamed of. And, we had a very interesting guide and he took us to some places most tours don't get to go to. I have some mixed feelings about all that, but I'll tell you later. Anyway, it was so good to see you both and I didn't mind giving up my sleep time! I wish we could have hada more time together. Well, maybe NEXT visit! :thumbsup:

Did you enjoy your family weekend?

I really enjoyed Galilee. I loved the water and the shores. We had a neat service sitting on the shores of the Galilee talking about Yeshua and Peter and how Yeshua filled the fisher's nets and then cooked fish for them, along the same shoer we were sitting on. We talked about walking on water (I tried it, but it didn't work for me! :whistling: ) and about being forgiven. I gathered up some water and shells in my water bottle and brought them home. I have the bottle on the desk right now and looking at it reminds me of the Sea of Galilee, which I loved.

I also really liked Masada.

Jerusalem was a trip! Not as laid-back as Galilee, very busy and bustling. The Wailing Wall was neat, but it did not move me as much as I thought it would. Other places really spoke to me, like walking on the real Via Dolorosa and taking my shoes off to feel the cool, smooth rocks where Yeshua walked carrying His cross.

Oh, so much to process!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Shalom Hupo,

What did your wife think of the book?

She is quite thrilled with it although she hasn't really dived in yet
My trip was awesome to be sure. We saw things I never dreamed of. And, we had a very interesting guide and he took us to some places most tours don't get to go to. I have some mixed feelings about all that, but I'll tell you later. Anyway, it was so good to see you both and I didn't mind giving up my sleep time! I wish we could have hada more time together. Well, maybe NEXT visit! :taped:

Did you enjoy your family weekend?

Sure did and tried following your blog while doing so, except you didn't have too much access time. How is your blog going, now that you are back?
I really enjoyed Galilee. I loved the water and the shores. We had a neat service sitting on the shores of the Galilee talking about Yeshua and Peter and how Yeshua filled the fisher's nets and then cooked fish for them, along the same shoer we were sitting on. We talked about walking on water (I tried it, but it didn't work for me! :thumbsup: ) and about being forgiven. I gathered up some water and shells in my water bottle and brought them home. I have the bottle on the desk right now and looking at it reminds me of the Sea of Galilee, which I loved.

I also really liked Masada.

Jerusalem was a trip! Not as laid-back as Galilee, very busy and bustling. The Wailing Wall was neat, but it did not move me as much as I thought it would. Other places really spoke to me, like walking on the real Via Dolorosa and taking my shoes off to feel the cool, smooth rocks where Yeshua walked carrying His cross.

Oh, so much to process!!

Well. I guess I don't have to ask any questions. I'll just wait for you get going :whistling:

You sound as excited as you did in Tiberias. Must be great going on a trip you are so excited about.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Hello~

I was there in 1992, it was a wonderful trip. The sights are awesome. If you wear sandals you will get a very good idea why Jesus' feet were washed.

Take pictures and enjoy the trip. Oh, don't go expecting anything this way you won't be disappointed. :emot-highfive:

Shalom

Liz4JC

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Not to go too far off the topic. Acutally I have never been to Israel but would like to go some day. However I was particularly wanting to tell Hupo that I think the northern Galilee is so beautiful! I have been watching the teaching film series by Focus on the Family "That the World May Know" . Quite a bit of it is filmed in the area of the Galilee and especially north of Galilee and I had never realized just how lovely the area is prior to this. After that I had gone on-line and found a screen saver that is an arial view of the shorline of Galilee with a wonderful crazy quilt pattern of fields and a town in the distance. It is so pretty. Everyone who comes into my office and sees it asks me "where is that?" . My clue is 'thats the only body of water in the world that has been walked on' . Some of them get it, and some have the blankest look and have to be t-o-l-d.!! Anyway, just wanted to say---lovely place!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Not to go too far off the topic. Acutally I have never been to Israel but would like to go some day. However I was particularly wanting to tell Hupo that I think the northern Galilee is so beautiful! I have been watching the teaching film series by Focus on the Family "That the World May Know" . Quite a bit of it is filmed in the area of the Galilee and especially north of Galilee and I had never realized just how lovely the area is prior to this. After that I had gone on-line and found a screen saver that is an arial view of the shorline of Galilee with a wonderful crazy quilt pattern of fields and a town in the distance. It is so pretty. Everyone who comes into my office and sees it asks me "where is that?" . My clue is 'thats the only body of water in the world that has been walked on' . Some of them get it, and some have the blankest look and have to be t-o-l-d.!! Anyway, just wanted to say---lovely place!

Hey Johni,

Do you have any idea how much I agree with you ? :24:

Of course I am perfectly objective about it all, living smack in the middle of what you just described :24:

By the way, that person you mentioned who has walked on the lake, just happens to be the architect of the Galilee too :24:

I obviously loved your post.

Thanks and God bless :24:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hupo, thanks for acknowledging the post.

I know you are blessed to live in such a beautiful place! It must have been a favorite of Jesus too since he spent so much time there!

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  11/15/1978

I just saw your message today. I was in Y'isra'el in May 2000. It was the best two weeks of my life! :-)

I could have stayed there, but I had to come back up and get my Bachelor's degree.

It will change your life.

Ani

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

yeah...bring a lot of small items to give away like toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc....and go by the Joseph Storehouse (www.visionforisrael.com) to help Israelis with that.

Is must be so nice to go to Israel!!

But if somebody can tell me why Yod told to bring lots of toothpaste and stuff?

Is that not as plentiful in trhe stores as here? :noid

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

yeah...bring a lot of small items to give away like toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc....and go by the Joseph Storehouse (www.visionforisrael.com) to help Israelis with that.

Is must be so nice to go to Israel!!

But if somebody can tell me why Yod told to bring lots of toothpaste and stuff?

Is that not as plentiful in trhe stores as here? :noid

Shalom Angels,

It was good advice to bring my own. Toiletries like we were used to were not readily available.

BUT, he said to bring EXTRA to share with the people there...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I'm glad you had a good time did you make lots of pictures??

Toiletries like we were used to were not readily available

strange ...