Giaour

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Well...as one who has put her foot in her mouth on.....several (?) occasions here, I know for sure that what Gia said is true. I have had to back track and apologize on......several (?) occasions. But, what sierra said is also true. I actually took last summer off from here. I noticed my attitude needed an adjustment, and the break did me the world of good. Worthy is what it is and 95% of the time it is a blessing to us all, I am sure. Sometimes the debate gets heated and personal. Again, sierra is correct in saying if you don't like that, or think you might slip, then avoid those threads. Or grow a thick skin, mind what your tone, dive in and have fun.

Gia, if what was me, then I apologize sincerely.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Gia, you're a sweetheart! :wub:

I agree wholeheartedly with Gia and I cannot believe the "if you don't like it, leave it" attitude portrayed here. Worthy has been an absolute blessing to me since being here (4 years in July) and I couldn't fathom leaving or not having Worthy and the folks here as part of my life! I have been blessed beyond measure here!

Father, I come before Your throne in the name of Jesus, in agreement w/ my brothers and sisters here. Lord, we know that You have put Worthy, and each member, here for a purpose. Lord, lift up a standard against the enemy who try to destroy this ministry; we bind the strongholds that would attempt to come against this ministry. Bless each and everyone here, their families, and bless George and Rivka and their family for the untiring work they do here and in Israel. Help us, Father, to treat one another with love as is becoming of Your children. Amen.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Lord, I pray for worthyboards, I pray that in times of tribulation, that you would lift up our hearts to shine your love and grace, Lord I pray that we stand strong in these attacks,a nd that you lift up our hearts to know you Lord. Praise you Lord, You are so worthy, I praise you and thanks you for all you've done, I pray for unity between believers, Lord give us the understanding we need, and let us stand strong. In Jesus name i pray amen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Whether we are going about our business or sharing our belief in Christ, we quite often run into people that are simply not thinking the same way we do. The only way we can maintain civility, is to change the subject or just listen to them and really understand (not neccessarily believe) their point of view.

Just because I have faith and have accepted Jesus, doesnt mean someone else should instantly get it because I have so eloquently explained it to them.

This point goes through any discusion of any topic.

I dont know how many times I have read a thread here, only to see it disintegrate into a verbal bashing,

and I would like everyone to consider this:

TO BASH SOMEONE IN WRITING TAKES PREMEDITATION!

It is not a slip of the tongue or a weak moment.

In this forum, there is plenty of time to calm down before replying. It is testament to a persons maturity and love of our God when they collect their thoughts and reason.

Often I dont even write anything because of the tone in the thread.

Having said that I believe the Spirit has moved Giaour. God bless you, and may His Spirit keep you bold.

Also I do applaude the facilitators that recognize when this is happening, and address the problem.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Whether we are going about our business or sharing our belief in Christ, we quite often run into people that are simply not thinking the same way we do. The only way we can maintain civility, is to change the subject or just listen to them and really understand (not neccessarily believe) their point of view.

Just because I have faith and have accepted Jesus, doesnt mean someone else should instantly get it because I have so eloquently explained it to them.

I dont know how many times I have read a thread here, only to see it disintegrate into a verbal bashing,

In this forum, there is plenty of time to calm down before replying. It is testament to a persons maturity and love of our God when they collect their thoughts and reason.

Having said that I believe the Spirit has moved Giaour. God bless you, and may His Spirit keep you bold.

Also I do applaude the facilitators that recognize when this is happening, and address the problem.

You are good, mike2~! :wub:

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

:wub::P:41: :P:41: :wub::41::wub::41::wub::41::wub::41::24::41::24::41::24::41::24:

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

You are good, mike2~! :wub:

Jesus is :P

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I had never thought of being disagreeable on this forum in the terms described above but I will from now on. Attacking to make a point doesn't make someone else more amenable to our position; it only makes them defensive and more likely to bash back. I do not want to offend anyone who posts here so I will definitely rein in my own tendancy to spar with words. :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I had never thought of being disagreeable on this forum in the terms described above but I will from now on. Attacking to make a point doesn't make someone else more amenable to our position; it only makes them defensive and more likely to bash back. I do not want to offend anyone who posts here so I will definitely rein in my own tendancy to spar with words. :whistling:

NOW WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, EH???????????

:24::thumbsup::emot-highfive:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968