• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Do you believe GOD will punish HIS people today who are complacent or insincere in the exercise of their Christian faith??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Okay, here's one I am really confused about....

The way I understand is that once you confess the Lord and believe in your heart, you are saved. Period.

Then there are two judgements.  First judgement separates the sheep from the goats, the believers from the unbelievers.

Second judgement holds each saved believer accountable for deeds and words in their Christian walk.

As for whether there is punishment as well as reward, I haven't heard or read anything like that for believers, only unbelievers.

I'm just sure there is accountibility for all believers.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,805
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

This is some scriptures that will add to this discussion:

Hebrews 12:5  And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

On the BIG Church scale, I believe there is fixin to be "shaken going on" and a true call to repentence. Too much compromise. The Lord will recieve a "glorious Church, without spot or wrinkle.....  

Individualy, like the scriptures George noted, we are corrected and I have come under that correction many times in my Spirit led life..

I believe failure to recieve correction is dangerous and can lead to quenching the spiriit and a falling away. (or becoming very legalistic :biggrin: )

I know without the correction I could not make it.... I'm to prone to "getting comfortable"... He "shakes" me when I get there... Praise God for that.... :inlove:

That is just the "flesh" trying to take over... the daily battle rages....

Much :inlove: in Christ, Karen

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

There is another judgement you missed: The Bema Seat Judgement. This is the judgement for rewards for believers, where works done with the wrong motives will be burned (wood, hay, stubble) and those with pure motives will be rewarded (crowns). In Rev it says, God will wipe away all tears, and I can imagine there will be tears when we see, all. As well as at the judgement of the wicked, when we see the blood on our hands for not telling them (Jeremiah).

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

There is another judgement you missed: The Bema Seat Judgement. This is the judgement for rewards for believers, where works done with the wrong motives will be burned (wood, hay, stubble) and those with pure motives will be rewarded (crowns). In Rev it says, God will wipe away all tears, and I can imagine there will be tears when we see, all. As well as at the judgement of the wicked, when we see the blood on our hands for not telling them (Jeremiah).

Am I correct then in my understanding of the two judgements?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Lana ,

You said it girl, I agree with your statement ,if we don't do what we are supposed to do God will correct us, sometimes He will even take our life away, because of our bad testemony for Him.

But either way we lose out, because where will our reward be when we stand before Jesus, will we want to stand there empty handed? I don't think so!!

We all go through ups and downs in this life ..but as a rule if you love the Lord you don't want to be complecent or insincere .

God Bless, Angels

Love in Christ,Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.  

Proverbs 3:12

Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.

For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but His hands also heal.

Job 5:17,18

Blessed is the man you discipline, O Lord, the man you teach from your law; you grant him relief from days of trouble, till a pit is dug for the wicked.

Psalm 94: 12,13

I have had my hands "slapped" a few times by God....and I thank Him for it :inlove:  and I'm sure I will have them slapped again....

Blessings to all

Angel H.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I remember reading in the book of Revelation where Jesus warned of being a "lukewarm" Christian. Jesus said that he would rather us be a hot or cold Christian, and that those lukewarm Christians Jesus said he would spit them out of his mouth. See Revelation 3:15.