• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 Then God said,

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry josh.... I can only imagine

Sorry josh.... I can only imagine

:emot-hug: I can only imagine aswell. :emot-hug:

Guest Biblicist
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

I just noticed somthing, the heavens and the earth in creation do not have a time, on the first day God created day and night, but it does not say he created the earth, or heavens in a day. Somthing I was just wondering other's views about.

Days only have one evening and one morning, so I'd say the evening and the morning were the first day would be a 24 hour period.

Also, don't take this one scripture out of context. There are other places in God's word that talk about time and days in reguards to creation.

God is a God of order not a God of confusion. Confusion is Satan's forte'.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I believe that earth was here long before we were. The devil and his angels were here at the time of Creation too. I believe they were the reason for the formless void. I suppose you could say I am a proponent of the "Gap Theory", where God had previously created, and that is where we see the traces of the former things, prehistory, such as dinosaur life, etc. I believe there could be eons between verse one and verse two.

Notice how God never had to plant seed for grass to grow, for I believe that the seeds for all botanical life were already there, but dormant, but when God re-introduced light, then these things were regenerated and became a new base for other creations meant for us.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

3 Then God said,

3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

I just noticed somthing, the heavens and the earth in creation do not have a time, on the first day God created day and night, but it does not say he created the earth, or heavens in a day. Somthing I was just wondering other's views about.

Days only have one evening and one morning, so I'd say the evening and the morning were the first day would be a 24 hour period.

Also, don't take this one scripture out of context. There are other places in God's word that talk about time and days in reguards to creation.

God is a God of order not a God of confusion. Confusion is Satan's forte'.

Amen, I fully agree, God is not the author of confusion, I'm just saying he doesn't give a time on how long the heavens and the earth took to create, that was before there was day.

3 Then God said,

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

3 Then God said,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

I've consulted a commentary on the Hebrew (Commentary on the Torah by Richard E. Friedman) and Gen 1:1 is not referring to creation out of nothing (nor is it denying it). It is saying that the earth had been in a shapeless and void state for an indefinite period of time.