Butler

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

There is scripture for all of it! And you should know that. Because you and sidekick basically gang up together to put people down and harass them, I will not respond further to your taunts. It is not conducive to the unity in the bond of Christ nor is it something Jesus would have me do.

Um...hello? You're the one calling us names and personally attacking us. You're the one, again, who is doing the taunting and harrassing. Again, big shocker there. I'm sure we'll see yet another thread destroyed now. Congrats. See? This is why I didn't waste my time offering you Scripture. You do not receive correction AT ALL. You immediately get nasty. Very unrefined.

I reported your behavior (again). Of course, at some point it would be really nice to see some repentance.

Offer scripture! Go ahead. I do receive correction when required. In this case, I don't require it.

Only you are nasty. Your gift is exasperation.

I did nothing to provoke your childish outburst (i.e. "you and your sidekick" etc). I guess this is your idea of the "positive confession" philosophy? Again, I'm not going to waste my time responding to you. Hopefully, the Moderators will be around in time to prevent you from doing any more damage.

Ciao.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I personally would never attend a congregation that used strobe lights during its regular worship services or anything that modern. Actually if I had my way we would not use any electricity and try to worship as people did 1000 years ago, but as I have said, that is me. However as I have also said I can't find any scriptural reason to ban strobe lights or electronically enhanced music etcc, it comes down to style in these cases.

It seems to be one of those cases that we fight about that is simply not necessary to fight about, we have thousands of congregations in this country and certainly we can find one that preaches the Gospel, sticks to scripture and also conducts thier services in a style that we feel glorifies God.

Amen! To the last part, anyway...

As an A/V professional and (former) church media coordinator, I'm one of the people proudly guilty of aiding and abetting the 21st-century church. :whistling::taped:

But, again... I love the simple stuff, too. And I hear you on that score, Smalcald. :taped:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

1. The sanctuary is a place where God meets His people when they come together--kinda special place!

Scripture?

2. God will bless His people when they come together in His sanctuary...He will be present in praise. He will cover with His protection! Why wouldn't it be a safe secure place where God's presence is?

Where can we go from God's presence? Scripture?

3. Lights can cause seizures. I am an ex-nurse, and happen to know. Never said they didn't.

Um, you certainly seemed dumbfounded when this was first brought up.

4. It isn't a curse. It is a curse when one speaks negatively, trying to force one's view that using lights to glorify God in worship will bring a physical malady. Now THAT is ugh.

Why? Scripture?

5. Positive-negative confession is a very real concept. Luke 6:45...A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

Oh of course! Name it claim it! *rolls eyes*

Your simplisic responses deserve only the answer: read the Word of God for yourself!

Should read: "Yeah...there's really no scripture for what I said."

There is scripture for all of it! And you should know that. Because you and sidekick basically gang up together to put people down and harass them, I will not respond further to your taunts. It is not conducive to the unity in the bond of Christ nor is it something Jesus would have me do.

Um...hello? You're the one calling us names and personally attacking us. You're the one, again, who is doing the taunting and harrassing. Again, big shocker there. I'm sure we'll see yet another thread destroyed now. Congrats. See? This is why I didn't waste my time offering you Scripture. You do not receive correction AT ALL. You immediately get nasty. Very unrefined.

I reported your behavior (again). Of course, at some point it would be really nice to see some repentance.

Offer scripture! Go ahead. I do receive correction when required. In this case, I don't require it.

Only you are nasty. Your gift is exasperation.

I did nothing to provoke your childish outburst (i.e. "you and your sidekick" etc). I guess this is your idea of the "positive confession" philosophy? Again, I'm not going to waste my time responding to you. Hopefully, the Moderators will be around in time to prevent you from doing any more damage.

Ciao.

Au revoir.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

So, uh... where's all that "speaking the truth in Love" I hear so much about?

Look... I know I'm new here, but seriously...

Why even bother wasting all the words? Just copy and paste "No! I'm smarter than you!" and call it good.

if people have a bone to pick with each other, send emails or PMs... but work it out. As Axe has rightly said, the last two pages of crap I've been reading are nowhere in the vicinity of "edifying".

All we did was ask for her to give scriptural support. This brought about a massive outburst.

Think about it - if someone gets offended when you ask for scriptural support, do they really have any?

Why even bother wasting all the words? Just copy and paste "No! I'm smarter than you!" and call it good.

if people have a bone to pick with each other, send emails or PMs... but work it out. As Axe has rightly said, the last two pages of crap I've been reading are nowhere in the vicinity of "edifying".

All we did was ask for her to give scriptural support. This brought about a massive outburst.

Think about it - if someone gets offended when you ask for scriptural support, do they really have any?

Yes they do. Asking for scriptural backing is not offensive.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I'm specifically not getting caught up in this. :whistling:

Then why didn't you give me any scripture? :whistling: Instead, you went on insulting me...and I didn't respond to it. I reported it.

Sister, please, check your attitude and hatred at the door. We asked for a very simple thing - give us scripture to defend your claims. You came back attacking us. That's not fair, is it? Saying, "read your Bible" and "there's scripture" isn't enough. I do read the Bible, but I've never found anything in it that you are claiming. I was asking what scripture you use so we could evaluate the interpretation, that is all.

There was no need to insult. I'll be praying for you and your bitterness toward us. Whatever I did, I apologize, I did not mean to upset you in this thread. I hope God speaks to your heart on this issue.

I'm specifically not getting caught up in this. :whistling:

Then why did you post concerning this issue? :taped:

A good rule of thumb is to avoid walking into a fight, trying to solve it, then say you're not a part of it. :taped:

Then why didn't you give me any scripture? :whistling: Instead, you went on insulting me...and I didn't respond to it. I reported it.

Sister, please, check your attitude and hatred at the door. We asked for a very simple thing - give us scripture to defend your claims. You came back attacking us. That's not fair, is it? Saying, "read your Bible" and "there's scripture" isn't enough. I do read the Bible, but I've never found anything in it that you are claiming. I was asking what scripture you use so we could evaluate the interpretation, that is all.

There was no need to insult. I'll be praying for you and your bitterness toward us. Whatever I did, I apologize, I did not mean to upset you in this thread. I hope God speaks to your heart on this issue.

I forgive you. Can you forgive me? I am retiring for the night and will respond tomorrow.

I forgive you. Can you forgive me? I am retiring for the night and will respond tomorrow.

Not a problem. I look forward to your response. Especially the scriptures that state that God shows up specifically in a church building.