• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1959

Dan,

When you stated "...even if He helps me now (which He won't) " your words were sealed.

Our words have the power of life and death in them.

God knows that sometimes our faith is no bigger than a mustard seed. That's when we speak those things that aren't as if they were and just believe. We just simply believe and when we've done all we continue to stand.

Dan, where did you get the idea that God just pops in and out of our lives?

According to Hebrews 13:5 (and I take this verse from the amp bible because it's very descriptive), "...for He (God) Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up

nor leave you without support. (I will) not, (I will), not, (I will) not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let (you) down (relax My hold on you)! (Assuredly not!)

Dan, what part of "I will not" don't you understand? God has already promised. He can't go back on His promises.

"I have made a covenant with my chosen..." -Psalm 89:3

"My mercy I will keep for him forever, and My covenant shall stand firm with him." -Ps. 89:28

God has never left you. If He seems far away, guess who moved?

I have to agree with Patricia about "faith producing action" and in turn, action strengthens our faith. God doesn't just plop it in our lap. We give it life by activating our faith.

Sometimes God will ask us to just step out in faith and just trust Him. When we choose to step out in faith no matter how things appear, that's called obedience and obedience brings great reward because God is allowed to do His work.

A few months ago, in the darkest hour of my life, I needed to get from point A to point B

and the only way I could get to point B was to just trust God. He gave me no other route.

It was do or die and I was not ready to die. I loved God too much to stay the way I was.

I couldn't see 2 feet in front of me. I was so scared but I yes and my poppa God was right there to meet me. He never left me, He was just waiting on me to be in agreement with Him.

I will never be the same. It brought me into an even closer relationship with Him.

Dan, somewhere along the way the enemy started planting deception in you. It started out as a little seed here and there. Maybe nothing too noticable right at first but at some point you starting believing the lies. You looked at the appearance of things and choice

to believe that God didn't care about you or love you. Another lie.

God has given you a free will to choice what you want to believe. If you choice not to believe Him, He will allow it. You've given Him no choice. He won't force you.

But Dan, God is a God of 2nd chances, and 3rd chances, and 4th, and 5th....

Sometimes we just need start over from the foundation up and that's okay with God.

It's when one of His children give up that His heart is grieved the most.

Is there an area in the past that you weren't in obedience to God that you need to repent of?

God won't hold it against you for blaming Him for your problems, He's used to being blamed,

but you tried to serve two masters which is a sin. God doesn't love you any less because of the way you feel right now, He's just waiting for you to be in agreement with Him.

Dan, don't continue to make a mockery of the Cross. The price was too precious.

"Now may the God of peace [Who is the Author and the Giver of peace], Who brought again from among the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, by the blood

[that sealed, ratified] the everlasting agreement (covenant), strengthen

(complete, perfect) and make you what you ought to be and equip you with everything

good that you may carry out His will; [while He Himself] works in you and accomplishes

that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to Whom be the glory

forever and ever (to the ages of the ages). Amen (so be it). -Heb 13:20-21

So be it in your heart Dan. All your brothers and sisters here are behind you but ultimately,

the choice is still yours. We all love you but it doesn't suffice the love God has for you.

Bless you Dan.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

i honestly don't get why a lot of the posts here are here.

i thought this was a place to help one make it thru this life on this earth..

rainie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

i honestly don't get why a lot of the posts here are here.

i thought this was a place to help one make it thru this life on this earth..

rainie

Rainie, relax. This is a place for simple discussion as well...

• Content Count:  5

1 In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil. 2 He had seven sons and three daughters, 3 and he owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen and five hundred donkeys, and had a large number of servants. He was the greatest man among all the people of the East.

4 His sons used to take turns holding feasts in their homes, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would send and have them purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, "Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." This was Job's regular custom.

Job's First Test

6 One day the angels [a] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"

Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

13 One day when Job's sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 14 a messenger came to Job and said, "The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, 15 and the Sabeans attacked and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

16 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The fire of God fell from the sky and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

17 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

18 While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, "Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 19 when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

20 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,

and naked I will depart. [c]

The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;

may the name of the LORD be praised."

22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Most of us know what is it to have friends we even call them best friends, but what do you do when you got in trouble like you could lose your job, get sick, what if you lose everything you have?

The enemy loves to test us and see if our faith in God is real even if we lose everything.

Satan thought Jobs faith would not be strong enough to stand the test if he could send them trouble.

The enemy is very real and he loves to test us too.

He even told God he noticed how good and upright Job was and he told God that it problaly wouldn't last if God would take eveything away from him.

Satan thinks its easy for a Christian to love God when everything is going good in their life but he doesnt think it will last if we lose our health or belongings or anything we care of.

I read this sentence that Adversity destroys superficial faith and thats a fact, but adversity for born again Christians strenghten our faith ,knowing who's in controle. How much do we trust that He will work everything thing out for good to them that love Him?

How much faith do you and I have ,would we stand the test?

Can you think of circumstances when it was difficult to keep trusting God?

HELLO EVERYONE,

I'M NEW HERE. I LOVE THIS DISCUSSION BECAUSE I FEEL MANY HAVE GONE THROUGH CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE OUR FAITH IS TESTED. MY OWN SITUATION IS THIS: EVER SINCE I WAS AROUND 12 YEARS OLD, I'VE EXPERIENCED ACNE. I'M NOW 34 AND STILL I'M GOING THROUGH THIS. ON TOP OF THAT I'VE HAD LOW SELF ESTEEM MOST OF MY LIFE. THEN GOD CALLED ME TO PREACH HIS WORD. MY FAITH WAS TESTED TO THE POINT I THOUGHT MAYBE THIS ISN'T GOD BECAUSE HE KNOWS HOW I FEEL ABOUT MYSELF AND HOW I LOOKED. BUT GOD IS SO AWESOME BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I STILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM, I FIRST KNOW IT'S NOT ABOUT ME. SECONDLY, THIS BODY IS ONLY A TEMPORARY HOUSE I LIVE IN, SO I WILL HAVE A GLORIFIED BODY ONE OF THESE DAYS. I DO FEEL IT'S HARD THOUGH TO KEEP STANDING STRONG AND KEEP TRUSTING GOD WHEN THINGS START PILING UP ALL AT ONCE. BUT HAVING FAITH IS NOT LOOKING AT THE CIRCUMSTANCE BUT THE ONE WHO IS ABLE TO SOLVE EVERY PROBLEM.

• Content Count:  5

It takes more courage than I have to have faith.

Dan

Can you explain why it takes more courage?

You have to be reckless in your abamdonment of trying to live your life the best way you know how.

You must also be patient for him to change your situation. Perhaps a very bad one. Perhaps for years. After enough years have gone by and you see that you have gained no benefit for all your prayers are service to God, you begin to realize that God is not all that personal. I have stopped praying because its never done any good. What have I prayed about?....To be more like him, for my miserable health to get better, for my spouce to stop drinking, ect..ect.. Not one prayer answered ever. I have had whole Chruches pray for this situation. I have never in 44 years neen a "miricle". I don't believe in them anymore. I do believe that there is a creator but I am coming to the painful reality that what I tryed to attach to "Christianity" is merely a system for social crowd control and a good one. I'm not against it. I just have no faith in it because its never come through for me in any situation. In short, it isn't real and I am just now coming to this reality. If my situation is to improve, it will be up to me to improve it.

I don't feel as God has abandoned me. I know he was never with me to begin with. I have gone through the list of things that Christian's might be doing to not get answers from God. I'm not perfect but I called and prayed and begged and cried...nothing. Its not worth the effort and energy I put into it.

We're on our own and thats the bottom line. Mine are the only footprints in the sand.

Regards

Dan

Romans 10:17 (King James Version)

17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We don't look for signs, thats for unbelievers who doubt, we are living by faith believing and knowing God cares for us and is our help in need, not because we are so good, but because He is faithful and He will do what He promised.

God will work everything out for good for them that love the Lord :whistling:

I believed in him for 27 years. Guess what. My family has been damaged for the past 6 years due to my crap health. Oh!! Yes...I have prayed. Many have. The more I prayed the worse things got. Then folks come up to me and say..."hey ...your not the only one that gets a raw deal". This is true and it only goes to proove my point that much more. I have stopped praying finally. It hasn't mattered. I think the Bible and Christian ethics are a good guidelines for a civil society. Other than that, their powerless. There are no such things as miricles. If one of those TV healing preachers want to try to change my mind, good ...lets go down to Texas Children's hospital and empty out the cancer ward for starters. The harsh truth is this...we are on our own. One good thing about coming to the realization that faith is a myth is the fact that you don't have to feel abandoned by God any more. Its just the roll of the dice or natural selection. You can pray until the cows come home for God to feed all of the poor inocent children in the world who are hungry. Bottom line...An agonostic whose willing to step `up and give money or food to them will do more than prayers.

If others wish to pray...pray on. I'm finished with begging a non-personal God to help me in my time of trouble.

Dan

I JUST WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU DAN. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH AND I CAN'T PRESUME TO EVEN GUESS, BUT I HAVE HAD TIMES WHEN I FELT THAT MY PRAYERS WERE HITTING THE CEILING (SO TO SPEAK) BUT GOD IS CONCERNED ABOUT YOU AND YOUR SITUATION.

JOHN 16:33 THESE THINGS I HAVE SPOKEN UNTO YOU, THAT IN ME YE MIGHT HAVE PEACE. IN THE WORLD YE SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION: BUT BE OF GOOD CHEER[TAKE COURAGE; BE CONFIDENT,CERTAIN,UNDAUNTED]; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD.

TAKE COURAGE IN GOD!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

my faith is ever increasing everytime i get thru one of GODS trials even tho i have to lean on others for support my faith grows stronger (read my post in prayer forumm called"im messed up" and that will help you understand just how strong my faith is.....without the help that GOD has sent to me i wouldnt be here today.......i talk to GOD and i can feel his presence all around me and JESUS in my heart i know i can make it thru in trial that GOD puts me thru and if GOD sees me faultering HE sends me here so that i maybe lifted up with the compassion and love of others to keep me going and i try to do the same to those who are in need of a friend to help them thru their trials......oak

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  24
  • Birthday:  08/05/1971

its very good

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  26
  • Birthday:  10/31/1966

I think it is fair to say that all Christians have or will have a crisis of confidence at sometime in our life. The question is, "What do I do next?" It may be someone says to you something you never thought of before, or they stumble you in word or deed. How deeply rooted is your faith? Are you a solid food Christian or still on the milk? Have you doubts? Question, research, read your Bible. "Make sure of all things, hold fast to what is fine." Then, "you will give an answer to the one who is taunting me."

• 2 months later...
Guest Miss J
1 In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil. 2 He had seven sons and three daughters, 3 and he owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen and five hundred donkeys, and had a large number of servants. He was the greatest man among all the people of the East.

4 His sons used to take turns holding feasts in their homes, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would send and have them purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, "Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." This was Job's regular custom.

Job's First Test

6 One day the angels [a] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"

Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

13 One day when Job's sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 14 a messenger came to Job and said, "The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, 15 and the Sabeans attacked and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

16 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The fire of God fell from the sky and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

17 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

18 While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, "Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 19 when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

20 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,

and naked I will depart. [c]

The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;

may the name of the LORD be praised."

22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Most of us know what is it to have friends we even call them best friends, but what do you do when you got in trouble like you could lose your job, get sick, what if you lose everything you have?

The enemy loves to test us and see if our faith in God is real even if we lose everything.

Satan thought Jobs faith would not be strong enough to stand the test if he could send them trouble.

The enemy is very real and he loves to test us too.

He even told God he noticed how good and upright Job was and he told God that it problaly wouldn't last if God would take eveything away from him.

Satan thinks its easy for a Christian to love God when everything is going good in their life but he doesnt think it will last if we lose our health or belongings or anything we care of.

I read this sentence that Adversity destroys superficial faith and thats a fact, but adversity for born again Christians strenghten our faith ,knowing who's in controle. How much do we trust that He will work everything thing out for good to them that love Him?

How much faith do you and I have ,would we stand the test?

Can you think of circumstances when it was difficult to keep trusting God?

I don't think I have that much faith, yet. But I've been noticing something about myself lately. My faith has been growing daily. I have seen where God has been there for me time and time again and it encourages me. I hope I never have to go through half the things that Job went through. But if I do, I hope I have at least half as much faith as Job had.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

I don't think I have that much faith, yet. But I've been noticing something about myself lately. My faith has been growing daily. I have seen where God has been there for me time and time again and it encourages me. I hope I never have to go through half the things that Job went through. But if I do, I hope I have at least half as much faith as Job had.

That's great Miss J! Faith has to be nurtured and cared for....it sounds like you're on the right track. :33: