• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1948

Janet will not perform at the Grammy ceremony. Official word is that the guy she is suppose to sing a tribute to will not be there because of a stroke, so she will not be needed.

Justin claims he was shocked and did everything he could to cover up.

Now, does anybody realize that the wording of the song indicated that the purpose was to "have her naked at the end"?

This should indicate to all parents that MTV should not be allowed in the house. (We tried has hard as we could to keep it out)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

River, you would be so surprised at how naive I am in particular circumstances. Very depressing. :rolleyes:

You're right about the cheap publicity. Today, it's "poor Janet looked so contrite on this or that show...." "Poor Janet is dropping out of the Grammy's..." Geesh, now it's sympathy. Clever strategy!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

John , that music channel is not allowed in our house either :cool:

Wip Of course Janet knew this was going to happen--YOU ARE NAIVE! lol

why would she have it decorated for the world to see, can you think of anybody who would wear those things if nobody can notice them? I bet you she didn't have one on the other side :D

I think this is only the beginning--you watch from now on-first Bridney Spears kissing Madonna now she is in the news, isn't that all she wants?

They are problaly covering her in all talk shows and everybody wiil know about her new cd...that's what she wants :D

Its sad to say but I believe these things are here now to stay and oh this whole conversation about her is soooooooooo stupid and sensational!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I know. I was questioning as to whether CBS knew beforehand. :cool::D:D:D:D:D:D

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

I know. I was questioning as to whether CBS knew beforehand. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CBS could care less neither could MTV which are both owned by same parent company Via-Com..... :D So who is gonna slap whose hand???? :cool:

i heard something interesting this morning on the news. someone has started a federal class action lawsuit against janet, cbs, mtv, justin, et. al. that person is suing for billions of dollars... for causing viewers to suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury. don't know what kind of injury, and i doubt that the case will win, but i hope that anyone who actually saw the performance and was offended joins in.

now, i don't usually think much of these kinds of lawsuits. too many lawyers trying to make a quick dime off hot coffee and fattening hamburgers. but to me, this terri carlin person who started the lawsuit is right on target. winning is irrelevant, and a class action lawsuit won't cost any complainants a dime if they do lose... but it will send a strong message to the industry that we're fed up with this kind of garbage.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

The way that MTV has blatently used sexual overtones in a lot of the videos it produces convinces me that MTV had something to do with Janet's baring her breast. Publicity stunt or not this is just one more example of how far society as gone down the road to accepting this type of behavior. I don't believe for a minute that any of the parties involved are innocent. Just look at the movies coming out in theatres today. Each year it seems to get more and more sexual in nature. But this is not a problem that has just arrived. Over the course of many years we have become desensitized by the media concerning sex and violence. If anyone remembers Mrs. Robinson in the graduate. Back when it came out it was scandalus. Today we wouldn't even blink an eye even if it showed the carnal act itself in detail. Why? Because we allow this to be aired and our children see by our blase' attitudes that it is ok. Its time we fight back (yes this is coming from a mennonite woman) time to show these media moguls that we don't want to see the nudity and violence that they show. Hit them where it hurts in the pocketbook. Don't buy their merchandise. Don't buy services that support them either. Eventually they would see the light but only if they are forced to.

Ok I am going to go and get sick now. This type of behavior makes one ill.

The way that MTV has blatently used sexual overtones in a lot of the videos it produces convinces me that MTV had something to do with Janet's baring her breast.

those are only "overtones" ?????

wow, glad i stopped watching mtv when i did! i thought they'd progressed to a double-x rating by now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Might I remind you all that MTV, CBS and the singers all do what they do for the money that pays their way. If there was not a market for this trash it would not exist.

The underlying problem is not MTV or CBS it is "We the People"

Not all of "We the People" but enough of us to make it profitable. Change the peoples heart's and minds and the problem will go away by itself.

Where to start???????

Pray for judgement on America, it is our only hope from destruction.

i agree we should pray for a revival in america, but it will not stop the trend towards distruction. why? because the trend has to continue until destruction in order to fulfill prophecy.