IGNORED

Can A Christian Be Demonically Possessed?

jeremiah7

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

traveller--Were these attacks physical? Mental?? How did you know one was "coming on"???  :hmmm:  :???:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Mental. I knew they were coming because I'd get a mental "image." At that point I could deny them and quote God's Word.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have no doubts that a Christian if they are a true Christian can be controlled in thier minds by an evil spirit.

Guest GloryaRose

I was taught that there are three levels of demonic activity in hindering an individual.

Oppression

Obsession

Posession

A believer in Christ may become oppressed or obsessed with /by demonic activity...but unless they willfully involve themselves in a choice to reject Christ...they cannot become posessed...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

For those who say God would not allow demons to buffet a Chrisitan, You need to read the book of Job.

Really your husband does sound  like he has a mental problem, please don't try to deal with this yourself.  Get him help.

For those of you who think you might be oppressed or bothered by demons-make sure you're totally and completly devoted to Jesus, then remind those vile spirits by whose Blood you were bought.  I've only had a little experience with these things, but I know the BLOOD of JESUS scares the devil out of them :hmmm:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Greg,

Thank you for correcting my statement, I was just going over this post and noticed it, strange I wrote that.. because I know that Christians cannot be posessed.

What do you think happenend to King Saul, ever thought about it?

• 2 months later...
Guest revfnb

It is not uncommon for a Christian to have demonic problems for the simple fact that demons have the right to be where they have been given that right. For example a Christian who falls into sexual sin - like adultery - and does not deal with that sin is giving a demon of lust the right to be in their life. That is not to say that every Christian who sins has a demon. But this is one of many reasons why it is so important for Christians to live a holy life and keep short accounts with God

(1 Jn 1:9)

My son claims much problems have been caused to Christians by trying to cast out demons where there are none or seeing demons when they are not there. This certain has happened. However, my answer to him is more damage has been done to the cause of Christ by not taking care of demonic problems in Christians because of the false belief that Christians cannot have a demonic problem.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:inlove: rev... I agree. Christians can fall into bondage and futher if they don't repent..ie..King Saul.

Staying Full of the Holy Spirit and moving forward in our sanctification is our duty. Die daily, stay in Love with the Lord!

Seek the welfare of others... those Christians cannot be demon possessed..

He can still torment to a degree and I believe the Lord allows some of it for our GROWTH and KNOWLEDGE..

What satan intended to take me out with is what the Lord is using in my life to reach others...

In Christ, Karen  :hmmm:

• 1 month later...

possessed no. oppressed yes.  We are constantly under demonic attack. We are the enemies of Satan.

paul was oppressed by a demonic infliction.

• 1 year later...

Christians can become oppressed and depressed, as a result of demonic attack. But i agree with the others here when they say a Christian can not be posessed.