IGNORED

Can God speak to us through dreams?

daybreak

Guest shikenah
I'm just wondering... can God speak to us through dreams? :24: And could you give any Scriptural references that support your opinions. Thank you very much.

Yes, God can speak to us through dreams. I myself am a dreamer. I have always been a dreamer as long as I can remember. Before I came to know Christ, I thought I had ESP, I though I was a psychic, and I thought I had Dejavu. See at that point, I thought as someone posted before, that the gifts of God were dead, I thought then, because I did not know Him, that gifts were solely for those in the "Bible Days". The scriptural references, many have given them to you already. But Joseph is one who is earliest mentioned to be a dreamer and an interpreter of dreams. Sometimes, I instantly know the meaning of a dream, sometimes it will come later, and I am also blessed to be able to interpret other's dreams when God so allows. But like with Joseph, being a dreamer can get you into trouble. When I first realized that all these dreams were coming from God, and I began to see them come to pass, it blew my mind, so I began to tell every dream that I dreamed. I began to be mocked because of my dreams, I began to be persecuted about my dreams. I began to be talked about and shunned by some. It got to the point, that God had given me a word to give to someone ("IN THE CHURCH!!!), I had so much zeal about the gift God was blessing me with at that time, and when I went to them to let them know with excitement that I knew what God had told me to tell them...the husband started skipping around a table making up a kiddie song with the words..."she had a dream, she had a dream," and the wife stood in the middle of him circling her repeating the "I have a dream" speech. It hurt me so bad that I almost did not tell them what God had given me, but I did anyway. It was a word for their marriage and they laughed at me and picked, but all the picking stopped when what I said came to pass.

Know that, there is always opposition to anything that God gives. Yes Joel 2:28 is a perfect scripture to show the reality of dreams. And also "where there is no vision, the people perish." Dreams gives us vision...vision into life and into the future. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking pschic, but the word tells us that the Holy Ghost will lead us into all truth. When God shows us something that is about to take place, He is leading us into His truth. (one way to look at that verse).

And also, we have to remember that the gifts are not dead, they are still alive and working. The reason God deals with me in dreams...one of the reasons...is because I have the gift of prophecy. God told Jeremiah...Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Jeremiah 1:5 That gave me understanding about some of these psychics or false prophets that sometimes hit the nail on the head. They were probably called to be a prophet, but beacuse they are not saved and using their gift for ill-gain, it makes them a psychic or a false prophet...a witch, like the lady in Acts 16...She was exactly right about what she said, but she was not advertising to the glory of God. But this is a whole other subject...

But as someone mentioned earlier, you can not get focused on your dreams. Whereas I used to dream everynight, I now do in seasons. I feel that God was saying to me...you are seeking me through your dreams, which is turning into you seeking your dreams, so I have to withold them from you to remind you that you are to seek me and me alone. So dreams is one of the ways that God speaks but He will for sure let you know that it not the only way He speaks. He uses a lot of symbolizm. Look at the dreams in the bible with Joseph and Nebuchadnezzer for ex. He used symbols, so you will have to ask God to reveal these symbols to you. There are some books out there that may assist, but I suggest to stay away from the library because you will find tons of books about dreams, but the majority is not christian-related, it more or less deals with the stars, astrology, and all of that mess. There are some in Christian bookstores, but be prayerful there also. I have gotten one and with every symbol, they have scriptures for KJV to back up what they are saying. But even with that, one symbol may mean one thing to them and a total different thing to me, and that is because God made me me, and He made that author them, we are not the same, and how God deal with me will be different than how He deal with someone else.

Hopes this blesses you and helps you in some sort of way. Be blessed in the Lord

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1983

Dreams are going to be 1 of 3 things.

1st and most often, they're your subconscious mind filtering through things.

2nd, they're a psychological indication of something (ie being naked is a sign you're hiding something and/or afraid of someone seeing the real you)

3rd, they're spiritually relevant and might be God's way of speaking to you.

Typically they're not psychologically or spiritually relevant unless they're repetetive and connected in some way to each other.

I recommend dream journalling. I'm not very consistent, but if you do it, first of all it's a way of remembering funny dreams, but it's also a way of being able to see a consistency and if there's a dream you should pay more attention to.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I for one, believe that God can definetly speak through dreams. How else would you describe people who have had preminnisions. They see the future in percise detail in their dreams. Who else has the power to show them that execpt God?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I for one, believe that God can definetly speak through dreams. How else would you describe people who have had preminnisions. They see the future in percise detail in their dreams. Who else has the power to show them that execpt God?