• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Amen Fellow Saint!

We do not own a hellivsion either. Too much trash on it for us and too easy to get into...take up time..etc...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bride of Christ

That's right! I used to spend a HUGE portion of time infront of that box of trash....when I made the trip from Michigan to the South to marry my husband (if you wanna know more, read either his [blood stained soul] or my testimony in the testimony section)....it was a bit of an adjustment to not even have a TV in the house....

I don't miss it one bit though

Some would say there's nothing to do without one....but my husband are always busy doing something, even if it's just spending time together goofin off.

BTW, Blood....how can you mistake a MOO for a BAA? That's not even simular.....great day.... :P :x: :t2::D:D:P

Guest shadow2b

- :x: :x: :x: NOPE I WON'T SAY IT!! :x: :x: NOPE--I WILL-NOT!!UHHHH--UHHH!!NOPE!! :x: :x: :x:

-STRUGGLE--struggle---- :sweating: :sweating: wheeewwww

-down buoy--easy big fellah---easy nowhorsie.gifyupp--

-heard all thyis wayy on back inn tha 50's--devils-eye--popcorn-lipstick--twere callyed-hole-lee-mess

-uhhh??nyess-- :x: :x: see I din't saye it aTawLL :rolleyes:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Shadow and River,

I commend your somewhat reasonable practice of self-control. :rolleyes:

I would like to say that sometimes the perspective on tv, changes dramatically when you have kids still at home. It's a little different, when you start viewing some of the things that are currently on tv, with the perspective of how it might be affecting your children. Maybe as adults you might think that you are mature enough to not have it affect you, but the truth is, regardless of that, the children are seeing many things that they should not be exposed to in terms of forming a mindset of a new generation. If you take a minute to ponder the concepts of most of todays programming, you might see what I mean. The general fabric of programming today, is based on sexuality, (unmarrieds sleeping around/i.e. "Freinds", homosexuality/i.e. "Will and Grace"), or violent crimes/murder, (CSI, Law and Order, etc.) The content of tv today is causing major decay within the morals of our society, and mainly because children are being bombarded with imagery of things that are socially "not right", not to mention spiritually. They are becoming numb to the horrific acts of murder, and the complacency towards fidelity and marriage. If we would just stop and evaluate what we are viewing for "pleasure", I'm afraid we would be held responsible for a moral decline in generations. Especially in light of the fact that we can place viewing stories of murder, sex, homosexuality, greed(I didn't even address that imagery) under the canopy of "entertainment". Then we can see where our children might be disoriented within the confines of society. They are being sent mixed messages morally.

(I'll get off of my soapbox now, but it really does seem of utmost importance, when you consider the children's perspective of these images, and what they are producing in terms of a society and humanity)

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

I wonder how much time we would spend watching TV if we made a rule that each time we saw anything that was sinful being protrayed we would shut the TV off for 2 hours.

Like anytime you heard curse words, or saw a woman immodestly dressed, or heard someone use the Lord's name in vain.

How much time would we spend watching it? :rolleyes: Probably none! :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I wonder how much time we would spend watching TV if we made a rule that each time we saw anything that was sinful being protrayed we would shut the TV off for 2 hours.

Like anytime you heard curse words, or saw a woman immodestly dressed, or heard someone use the Lord's name in vain.

How much time would we spend watching it? :rolleyes: Probably none! :laugh:

Brother,

I would like to see that challenge taken up by those who would say there is nothing wrong with watching it. I do not even think adults should expose themselves to the mess on there, it like a friend of mine said...if my child should not do....should I? Think about that one a minute..we as parents(though mine is baby) sit and tell children that this and that is bad, then we partake of it. All that teaches them is hypocrisy. Its hard to even let your children watch good stuff cause of the trash on commercials! One can filter only so much, but its easy to block station like mtv etc but you cannot some of these commercials that are trashy...so your back to square one.

On the flip side of all this....each person can do whatever they choose as free moral agents...but I believe that the Bible teaches junk in and junk out, so my house does not even have one. Only reason I am current on anything is through One Million Dads.

Guest shadow2b
-Am I saying not to watch sports, well if they keep adding all the trash being complained of here, then yes in the name of HOLINESS that would be the best thing to do. Like our Brother said, each has their own choice though and unfortately some Christians will always be wanted what the world has.

-stress.gifya know--I've heard ALL this "stuff" since the 50's--ahhhh yess the ever popular devil's eye--hellivision--tha boob-toobe--lipstick-popcorn-movies of gene autry--roy-rogers-rex allen-the durango kid---trigger & even po ole champion--short skirts--heaven-forbid at the knee-- :oww: of course ever one ova them "preachers" HAD a hellivision--devil's eye--boob-toobe--IN THEIR HOMES--& THEIR kids went to the 5cent & 10cent movies downtown every saturday---I tend to think ALL them "preachers"? forgot or didn't understand it's the JOB of the HOLY-SPIRIT to convict of SIN & {holiness}IS NOT something you DO--IT'S a "state" of being--established in the "HEART" of each individual BELIEVER by the HOLY-SPIRIT-------

-NOW yA'll can continue with yo silly diatribe ova hole-ee-mess- :rolleyes: :oww: :x:

So much for the kids of this nation.

:)

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

Its all part of the end times.....Even so come Lord Jesus :)

Why worry when you can pray ....

Trust Jesus

He'll be your stay

Dont be a doubting Thomas

Rest fully in His promise

Why worry worry worry worry when you can pray ..... :):)

It's not a matter of worry.

Be holy for I am holy....

1 Peter 1:15-16

"I will place no wicked thing before my eyes."

Psalm 101:3a