• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

God came down to earth as a man. Jesus was God manifest in flesh. He subjected himself to the limitations of man, in order to experience the same temptations, and events of life that we face everyday. This is so he could overcome them, and be pure enough to offer himself as a sacrifice for our sins.

Jesus was the second adam. the temptations of this world were the tree of knowlege of good and evil. He did what adam couldn't do, resist the temptations, and choose everlasting life! When he did so, proved it through his life, and was sacrificed as a unblemished lamb, God provided a way of escape for mankind from his wrath.

When christ returned to heaven, he returned to heaven as a man and as God rejoined together. The melding of spirit and man. When we recieve christ, we recieve the melding of God/christ and our souls together.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
When christ returned to heaven, he returned to heaven as a man and as God rejoined together. The melding of spirit and man. When we recieve christ, we recieve the melding of God/christ and our souls together.

That is not quite accurate. Jesus humanity and Deity did not "meld." They are completely distinct and remain distinct. Jesus is not a blending of humanity and Deity, at least, that is not how the Scriptures portray it.

Secondly, our souls are not melded (blended) with Christ. The Bible says no such thing. The Bible teaches that we are new creation. The Bible says we are made alive by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Our souls do not become Divine.

That is not quite accurate. Jesus humanity and Deity did not "meld." They are completely distinct and remain distinct. Jesus is not a blending of humanity and Deity, at least, that is not how the Scriptures portray it.

God never set aside his diety when he came down as christ. so yes his diety is as much a part of christ as his human side.

Secondly, our souls are not melded (blended) with Christ. The Bible says no such thing. The Bible teaches that we are new creation. The Bible says we are made alive by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Our souls do not become Divine.

Isn't that what a new creation is? you take gold and silver and melt them together and blend them together completely, you have a new metal! So yes we become a new creature when he enters us, but we do not lose our identity, what our souls contain are memories and what makes us what we are.

Guest shiloh357
God never set aside his diety when he came down as christ. so yes his diety is as much a part of christ as his human side.

But they are distinct not "melded" Melded means blended. That is not an accurate portrayal

Isn't that what a new creation is? you take gold and silver and melt them together and blend them together completely, you have a new metal! So yes we become a new creature when he enters us, but we do not lose our identity, what our souls contain are memories and what makes us what we are.

That is also inaccurate. The Bible says we are a new creation old things are passed away and all things become new (2 Cor. 5:17).

Our souls are not melded with Christ. We do not lose our humanity, but neither are we blended with Christ. We are made alive by the Holy Spirit.

But they are distinct not "melded" Melded means blended. That is not an accurate portrayal

That is also inaccurate. The Bible says we are a new creation old things are passed away and all things become new (2 Cor. 5:17).

Our souls are not melded with Christ. We do not lose our humanity, but neither are we blended with Christ. We are made alive by the Holy Spirit.

Ok if you think so.

you do realize that when we go to heaven we take with us our humanity don't you!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You've maybe noticed that I've used ,(what I think) on the and of the sentences, which means that I think for my self.

Not like the other people, who let the church do they thinking for them.

So are you saying then, that everyone here who thinks that Jesus is God isn't thinking the Scriptures through for themselves and are only regurgitating what their pastors have told them?

I find that highly arrogant if it is so.

Some people here have said, that they beleive what they beleive because of what they've been taught by the church. And in my opinion, belief can't be taught. All that church has to do is give us the Gospels (the Bible), just like the first apostols did, and lett us decide what the Gospels are trying to say.

You've maybe noticed that I've used ,(what I think) on the and of the sentences, which means that I think for my self.

So are you saying then, that everyone here who thinks that Jesus is God isn't thinking the Scriptures through for themselves and are only regurgitating what their pastors have told them?

Some people here have said, that they beleive what they beleive because of what they've been taught by the church. And in my opinion, belief can't be taught. All that church has to do is give us the Gospels (the Bible), just like the first apostols did, and lett us decide what the Gospels are trying to say.

I believe that jesus is God and i rarely ever go to church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Thats ridiculous, they also explained, and told people when they were wrong............they didn't just give them the Gospel and say, okay there it is, do what ever you want to with it..............

Guest shiloh357

Ok if you think so.

you do realize that when we go to heaven we take with us our humanity don't you!

You don't seem to understand. You are talking about a "blending" of the human and Divine, and that is unbiblical, both in reference to Jesus and us. Jesus was 100% God and 100% human and that has not changed. Jesus Deity and Humanity were not "melded" or blended. Both were completely distinct from one another. Nothing in Scripture states that there was a melding of the two.

Secondly, you claimed that our souls are melded with Christ, and that is also unbiblical. Being a new creation does not mean our old selves are blended together with Christ. Rather, our old selves have passed away and were are a new creation, not a blended creation. We are made 100% new in Christ. We are not melded with Christ and I defy you to provide one passage that says we are.

You need to study the reality of the New Creation a bit better.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I believe that jesus is God and i rarely ever go to church.

The question is, do you make your own opinion, or do you listen to the church?

Edited by Yahweh is salvation