Secularist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

There is a reason why God chose to eliminate all the people and animal at that time. Noah and his family had the only pure bloodline trough which Jesus was to be born. The rest of the people and the animal had their DNA contaminated by the fallen angels and the cross contamination of human and angel or animals. For Jesus to be born the Jewish race had to have a clean uncontaminated bloodline.Therefore all that was not pure was destroyed int the flood.

Guest SDGS

There is a reason why God chose to eliminate all the people and animal at that time. Noah and his family had the only pure bloodline trough which Jesus was to be born. The rest of the people and the animal had their DNA contaminated by the fallen angels and the cross contamination of human and angel or animals. For Jesus to be born the Jewish race had to have a clean uncontaminated bloodline.Therefore all that was not pure was destroyed int the flood.

Is that is the bible? To me it is a stretch. It says God regretted His creation and somebody else spoke about Noah. I don't recall anything said about Jewish pure bloodline. :emot-questioned:

Christians trace Jesus' heritage through Joseph, but how can that be, if God made Mary pregnant? Jesus' heritage could only be traced back through Mary. If that (the traced linage of Mary) is in the bible, I have not been able to find it.

It is confusing to tell me that God never makes mistakes, when He clearly said He made one in creating the people, then changes His mind to save Noah, only after whomever was talking spoke about saving Noah.

The whole tracing back to David goes through Joseph, who according to the bible, was not Jesus' father. :emot-questioned:

And from the start, clearly there were other people, because Cain (or was it Able, I can never remember) told God "if you send me away somebody will murder me". If there were only Adam and Eve and Cain and Able, who were these other people who would kill him?

And God only was the Hebrew God at first. Why? It wasn't until the NT that He decided to give up on the Jews and go for the Gentiles. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It is confusing to tell me that God never makes mistakes, when He clearly said He made one in creating the people, then changes His mind to save Noah, only after whomever was talking spoke about saving Noah.

Genesis 6:6 And regretting is Yahweh Elohim that He made humanity on the earth, and grieving to His heart.

Genesis 6:7 And saying is Yahweh Elohim, "Wipe will I the humanity, which I have created, off the surface of the ground, from human unto beast, and unto the moving animal, and unto the flyer of the heavens, for I regret that I have made them."

God doesn't make mistakes, man does. Is it God's mistake that someone perishes forever ? Yet God is prepared to give you a lifetime to repent. If you don't repent, that is not God's mistake.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Why do I need your God to live a healthy, happy, meaningful life?

Well that's your choice. The Father doesn't press any person to accept His love and grace. If you don't want to believe and live accordingly then don't.

Guest SDGS

Genesis 6:6 And regretting is Yahweh Elohim that He made humanity on the earth, and grieving to His heart.

Genesis 6:7 And saying is Yahweh Elohim, "Wipe will I the humanity, which I have created, off the surface of the ground, from human unto beast, and unto the moving animal, and unto the flyer of the heavens, for I regret that I have made them."

God doesn't make mistakes, man does. Is it God's mistake that someone perishes forever ? Yet God is prepared to give you a lifetime to repent. If you don't repent, that is not God's mistake.

I know the verses. But you didn't explain how God didn't make a mistake. You cannot regret a thing you are not sorry for.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I know the verses. But you didn't explain how God didn't make a mistake. You cannot regret a thing you are not sorry for.

Being regretful and making a mistake are not automatically dependent on one another. For instance, I can regret something that someone else has done, but that doesn't mean that it is my mistake. Perhaps I shouldn't have given this person so much liberty, but because of my kindness and love for that person, I did it in the hope that that person would turn back to me of their own volition. This is like how God is towards mankind. He doesn't turn mankind into robots, He gave each person their own mind to decide as they please. He doesn't force us to do anything ! But sin entered the world through Adam and at some point (hence the flood) it had to be dealt with. What the sciptures above also demonstrate, is that He has a heart and has feelings too.

Edited by boldlion

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

And God only was the Hebrew God at first. Why? It wasn't until the NT that He decided to give up on the Jews and go for the Gentiles. :emot-questioned:

Hi SDGS....G-d has never ever given up on the Jewish people....they are the apple of His eye, He loves them with an everlasting love and desires that they come to know their Messiah, just like all the Apostles and Paul and many others. If you read Romans Chapters 9 to 11, this will become abundantly clear....there has been a partial hardening of many Jewish hearts, but even through this, G-d purposes for both the Jews and the Gentiles are being worked out.

There are many things in the Bible concerning which we can't see the complete picture and can only speculate on...which is why it is so important to know the Father and to trust Him...so that when we see things in the Bible that we don't understand, rather than make rash judgments, we learn to trust that G-d is Righteous and Holy, does not make mistakes and is never taken by surprise....it is not always clear in translation in our Bibles...but to believe otherwise would bring G-d down to our level, and He is not a man that He should lie. The prayer 'Our Father' is based on us understanding His Holiness.

James 1:17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

Guest SDGS
Being regretful and making a mistake are not automatically dependent on one another. For instance, I can regret something that someone else has done, but that doesn't mean that it is my mistake. Perhaps I shouldn't have given this person so much liberty, but because of my kindness and love for that person, I did it in the hope that that person would turn back to me of their own volition. This is like how God is towards mankind. He doesn't turn mankind into robots, He gave each person their own mind to decide as they please. He doesn't force us to do anything ! But sin entered the world through Adam and at some point (hence the flood) it had to be dealt with. What the sciptures above also demonstrate, is that He has a heart and has feelings too.

This makes sense. Thank you for explaining. (I am known for missing the obvious :blink: )

I learn best by asking specific questions and I love it when someone cares enough to explain, help me understand, prove me wrong, but kindly. thank you!

I am still confused about the Jewish thing, but I realize I don't have to understand every single detail. After all, that is God's province.

I am so appreciative of you guys answering and not getting mad. That means a lot. :wub:

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I hope this is okay and that I am not angering anyone or seen as trying to pot stir.

Your reply opened up another question.

I believe God knew all that would happen but He loved His creation so much that He gave them the choice to live in His light or perish in the dark.

If this is true, then what about the flood? God got angry at the bad sin so rampant and said He regretted His creation and was going to wipe everything out. Somebody (it says He was talking to somebody, maybe an angel?) said "what about Noah? He is faithful", so God told Noah to build the ark.

I don't know how to make this all fit.

Thank you for explaining things to me and helping me, and for not getting angry. This is helping me, truly it is.

Your not stirring the pot at all! Should have heard the questions I asked! We in these dirt suits we are wearing will never know the mind of God, in our human reasoning most of us would have just killed everyone off and left it at that or something equivalent I imagine. Just because He knew what would happen doesn't mean He checked His compassion for His creation at the door, I think He grieved that they were not in a right relation with Him but knew that through the flood mankind may have a chance at showing themselves approved and yes He did know that His plan that He started would need a Savior, a King that did not have the fallen flesh as His nature but was divinely created. So He continued His plans, He would not be God if He broke His own rules for this earth and all His creation, God through His own actions shows us His righteousness and Grace. God created everything, He set rules and guidelines over every single thing in His creation and if He did not uphold those laws He would not be God. He never changes, He feels, grieves, gets angry but He doesn't do so with human emotions His patience is something none of us can understand.

Noah believed in the One true Creator, he was from a long line of righteous men who believed and obeyed God. God took that man and his family and started over again sadly his children and descendants started up their nonsense again, human nature by itself does not usually do the right things. Faith the kind Noah had was evident, faith is a strong trust and that trust is acted upon as we seen in Noahs case as well as so many others. I'm not sure if that helped at all and see others have responded also. Please continue to ask any and all questions you have, never feel afraid to ask!

shalom,

Mizz

Guest SDGS

I forgot to answer this:

The lady you spoke of who got mad at the questions you asked likely did so for a few reasons. One, she may not truly have a gift for teaching. It's not something everyone can do. Two, she may have found that she didn't have the answers to give you and so reacted badly. Pride often gets in our way. As my pastor often says, it's perfectly fine to tell someone you don't know the answer to their question. Many times we don't want to do that, though, because we think it will make us look bad. Three, while I'm sure the pastor you've come to trust had the best of intentions in sending you to her, I have to say that sometimes people agree to do things they aren't ready for or comfortable with just to make someone else happy. I'm absolutely not trying to excuse her behavior. For all I know, she's just rude and mean, but if the pastor you trust suggested her, then it seems unlikely. She was probably just not the right person for the job.

She wasn't the warmest person I ever met. I only met her in person once. I was sitting in the church lobby waiting to meet her and she walked up and the first words she said were "you smoke". After that it went to email. I understood she didn't want to smell my smokyness.

She is the wife of a retired pastor, which was why the pastor chose her, I assume. But she got mad really fast. I was asking these same questions, and suddenly she emailed me that our conversations were now ended, and then listed her seminary degrees. As I read it, I thought "what does that have to do with anything", then read on and she wrote "now I bet you think I am boasting", and I burst out laughing. She expected me to be impressed. I went to college too, and all the degrees on the planet do not impress me. But what she meant was "I have the man hours to prove I am right and you won't just shut up and take my word for it". I never heard from her again.

I later asked the pastor if he would ask her to email me again so I could apologize (even when I felt I had done nothing wrong) and she refused.

I just let it drop. She apparantly felt frustrated that I wasn't just accepting her word and asked for clarification.

But no, she wasn't exactly friendly, but I wasn't looking for a friend so much, but for a mentor to help me.

Edited by SDGS