• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

My thought is "How will this glorify God?" This is what should guide everything we do. A woman should not use her body to create lust in another person.

Oh why not!?? You mean a woman can't make her husband desire her even more?? Hate to break it to ya, personality only goes so far! It doesn't get that knock you down drag you to the cave look from your husband! Thats what the looks are for!

You are an interesting personality, aren't you? :o I don't disagree with you, btw, but I don't know that I would have phrased it like that. lol

LOL marnie, just being honest here! I can say this being a man that yes we men can love you gals just for your personality, your inner spirit. But i'll tell ya, package all that inner beauty inside a knock out package its just gravy!

Its like my camaro. It has a 350 4 bolt main engine, 700r4 tranny, 273 rear end and it does what we would call uhmm s* and git! Its a nice car, and i love it, it has power, its smooth, its got a lovely interior, stereo, cd, air, and a kool shifter! But the paint is flaked off, dent in the fender, and door, and rear quarter panel.

Now when i get done, i'll fix the dents, paint the car candy apple red, put some 17" chrome low profile wheels on it and I'll be riding in a classic dream car! Do i love it less? Nope. Just makes me drool even more when i go out to polish her!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

This part totally cracked me up!

Love it!

"It doesn't get that knock you down drag you to the cave look from your husband! "

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Its a wonderful thing! And it doesn't hurt if it causes your hubby to drool a bit either does it! :o

Not a bit! We have a bib just for that occasion.....

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08

LOL marnie, just being honest here! I can say this being a man that yes we men can love you gals just for your personality, your inner spirit. But i'll tell ya, package all that inner beauty inside a knock out package its just gravy!

Its like my camaro. It has a 350 4 bolt main engine, 700r4 tranny, 273 rear end and it does what we would call uhmm s* and git! Its a nice car, and i love it, it has power, its smooth, its got a lovely interior, stereo, cd, air, and a kool shifter! But the paint is flaked off, dent in the fender, and door, and rear quarter panel.

Now when i get done, i'll fix the dents, paint the car candy apple red, put some 17" chrome low profile wheels on it and I'll be riding in a classic dream car! Do i love it less? Nope. Just makes me drool even more when i go out to polish her!

:o You need to write a book.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

:o You need to write a book.

LOL i have enough trouble writing my poetry :angel2:

Can't get past these writers blocks

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Shalom,

I believe Smalcald answered the answer that matters. It's not important whether a woman augments her breasts, but rather what is her heart motivation? If it is to be more "sexy" or more attractive to men, well, then I would be concerned. If it is however for other reasons (there are several) then it's not as negative.

I know Christian women who had gastric bypass surgery, then a tummy tuck (for the hangy skin after the weight loss), then breast surgery to reverse the gravity(not augmentation, but lifting). I know Christian women who have had face lifts, dye their hair, wear lots of makeup etc. Basically, I don't see any difference. What is the question is WHY is the woman doing this? That is only something she and Jesus can answer (not even her hubby can) and it's not something we should judge in another.

How about this. Except for the face lift, the makeup, and the hair dye, everything that you spoke of had everything to do with health management. If a wife has breast augmentation because her husband asks her to do so it might be acceptable in the eyes of God. But by asking his wife to make her breasts bigger the husband is asking for unwanted sexual advances, wise cracks, looks of lust and the like to be brought to the wife by other men. Which shows that the husband is selfish. We are made in the image of God and no matter what we look like it is a look that God gave us. To change what our creator created I believe is a slap in the face the He who created what He considers a beautiful creation. To change disfigurement I believe would be OK because most of the time disfigurement is a health problem in one way or another but to change that which is normal but different would be wrong.

Now as best as I could tell Vickilynn this post started with someone asking for opinions which personally frees me up to pass judgment or shall we say "give my opinion".

Trusting Jesus got it right. Things like breast augmentation for no other reason then vanity only glorifies satan and opens the door for temptation to come into our lives.

Edited by Massorite

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

But have ones breasts enlarged is a "me" thing or a "look at me" thing, and I believe it is not right

So is having white teeth. Are you against having braces or bleaching your teeth?

BTW...I agree prothestics was a bad argument, since we are discussing 'cosmetic' enhancements.

nope, even the discolouration from my smoking days is still on my teeth..... i choose not to worry about the actual colour, whether they are off white or snow white. the totally white, with no discolouration tends to look phoney.....

Whats so bad about a woman wanting to look good! sorry but yall need to check out song of solomon. See what is said about the body!

He was not speaking about women that were not his.....

Generally, women who go for something like that do it for the attention it gets from men. You must ask, is this what I want? To have men look at me in a sexual manner imagining all kinds of things? When we know that every unclean thought is not a good thing? When we sow to the flesh, we reap from the flesh. But, spiritual creatures cast fleshly things away.

Women are also responsible and carry a burden for men in the way they dress. Women know that men are easily heated by what they see. Therefore, holy comportment in all things is efficacious. Those with natural endowments must dress them in a way they do not become a stumbling block for brothers.

What would Jesus say? Those who know Him well, know! Those who are just getting to know Him, must take the advice from those who know Him. My advice? Don't do it. The least of the issues on that subject are health-related.

Written like a true man. It's best not to be too general; you can't possibly know why a woman has procedures done.

As one who has invested tens of thousands of dollars in cosmetic surgery to repair damages to my face and body from my injuries, I can tell you I did not have all those procedures done to attract men or for sexual reasons! I did it so people wouldn't look at me and say, "Oh you poor thing! What happened to you?" or "Yuck!" Not to mention being able to work and function in the world.

Your body is your personal, private property. Let your redeemed conscience be your guide in this. And for Pete's sake, keep your mouth shut about it! Don't tell too many people. You'll have them staring you in the chest constantly.

But remember, once you get it done, there's no going back. Well, there is, but it's painful both physically and financially.

one of the most beautiful woman i know, through out my entire half century, was burned as a child, her hand still carries scars and she is unable to have complete movement of her hand, her face also carries scars.... she was made fun of through out grade school and jr high.... I graduated with her, and she carried a very high GPA and went on to college.... she did not allow this to bring her down, now this was during the days when plastic surgeries were not the norm, reconstructive surg was almost unheard of...

I agree, if a person has been disfigured from an injury or accident, they should go ahead, if htey choose, and have the corrective done..... but not augmenting.... personally, my own words, i do not believe it is needed for any reason.... (augmenting that is, not reconstructive or mending and such like that...)

not trying to be mean or ugly, just stating my thoughts....

mike

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I hope it is ok to start this discussion here. Mods, please feel free to remove if not.

I just wanted to know what your thoughts are about women having surgery to change their breast size.

I am not referring to those who have undergone masectomys or breast reduction due to health reasons.

Are there any scripture references to support it?

Or, if not, what scriptures would indicate that it is not ok for a christian woman to change her body and what God has blessed her with?

I have my thoughts and opinions but I might share them with you later.

I would just like to hear what others think and I would encourage men to share too, if they feel comfortable to do so.

It would be good if the discussion dosn't get into a heated debate, though.

thanks! :)

I think breast augmentation is okay, within reason, because I've known women who resembled boys more than my son! That would be debilitating to a woman because she would constantly be aware that she didn't look like a woman! If such surgery was to gain some normalcy and self confidence I think it would be okay. If done only to be 'supersized' and get lots of attention then....that's not the way a Christian should go. :o

Guest Psalms51
I hope it is ok to start this discussion here. Mods, please feel free to remove if not.

I just wanted to know what your thoughts are about women having surgery to change their breast size.

I am not referring to those who have undergone masectomys or breast reduction due to health reasons.

Are there any scripture references to support it?

Or, if not, what scriptures would indicate that it is not ok for a christian woman to change her body and what God has blessed her with?

I have my thoughts and opinions but I might share them with you later.

I would just like to hear what others think and I would encourage men to share too, if they feel comfortable to do so.

It would be good if the discussion dosn't get into a heated debate, though.

thanks! :)

This is a very good topic...What are her motives??? God only knows her true heart. I have a very beautiful daughter-in-law who has given my son two wonderful children. They are very godly parents. Attend church regurlarly and are raising my grand-children in a Christain home. She dresses modestly and is very faithful to my son. However child-bearing and breast feeding made her feel unattractive and self conscience. She had her breasts inlarged to help her self-esteem. I feel we would be straining at knats to make that kind of decision for another person...What's the difference if a person colors their hair ,or goes to a tanning salon, or has her nails painted,or wears make-up so they feel more attractive? In the Middle East the women have henna tattoos...most of which only their husband get to view. I'd hate to think of anyone checking out the larger endowed women in the church...questioning whether GOD gave them to her or if she used the money GOD gave her for them? We must not focus so much on what a person looks like...color of skin, color of hair, fat,skinny,tall, short..big breasts! Pray that your heart is right toward any and all persons. What about bald men getting hair transplants?...Look at their soul and spirit...That is what is important to GOD. Would GOD not love a person with a breast augmentation?? I think/KNOW HE Does!!! Any way, when I get to heaven God promised me a perfect body...This earth can keep this one. LOVE in JESUS....Lori/Psalms51

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:) fromdamo1

for me i think it should be up to the women no mattter what any one says yet every one also has a right to express them selves i have had female friends that have done this and even though i see a women for who she is i know others just do this sort of thing for many reasons know one should say what a person does as its between them selves and close family members

i can hear wear others are comming from but men should also learn not to let there eyes wonder as i am a man my self when i talk to a female i look her in the eye not at her body or what she looks like

yet this is me and i have not had this problem like some other male members have shared hear on this post

i take women for who they are god created them and we should be at a point in our walk wear this is dealt with so we do not have this problem and try to lay the guilt on our sisters for the way they dress or how one might look like if undressing a women is a problem for a male then he needs to get to a point wear he is accountable to his pastor and seek help i take my partner for who she is as she is a pretty women her self and i thank god for her and when i am with her my eyes are on her even though i know guys who are not christians do stair at her and this does not worry me one bit

from damo1