IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

Guest shiloh357

Keeping the Sabbath is really a nonissue. It does not matter if a person observes the Sabbath or not.

My only concern is the veiled attempt by certain posters to assert that the Sabbath is mandatory on all believers. If you keep the Sabbath or not, that is your convicition.

I would like to see people like Pilgrim 7 come out and definitively declare that Sabbath observance is not necessary for salvation. I would like to see Pilgrimi 7 affirm that Christians who do not keep the Sabbath are just as saved and just as much a part of the Kingdom of God as those who do keep the Sabbath.

That is really the only concern that is worth noting. God will not judge a person on whether or not they kept the Sabbath on the seventh day or not.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/07/1970

Hi ,I

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Keeping the Sabbath is really a nonissue. It does not matter if a person observes the Sabbath or not.

My only concern is the veiled attempt by certain posters to assert that the Sabbath is mandatory on all believers. If you keep the Sabbath or not, that is your convicition.

I would like to see people like Pilgrim 7 come out and definitively declare that Sabbath observance is not necessary for salvation. I would like to see Pilgrimi 7 affirm that Christians who do not keep the Sabbath are just as saved and just as much a part of the Kingdom of God as those who do keep the Sabbath.

That is really the only concern that is worth noting. God will not judge a person on whether or not they kept the Sabbath on the seventh day or not.

Yes and I would like them to respond to my challenges on their "historic verifications" since the ANF (Ante-Nicene Fathers)(Irenaeus, Justin Martyr, Barnabas, Ignatius and Tertullian, of which Justin Martyr and Irenaeus were pupils of St John) claim that sunday observance was the norm during the 2nd & 3rd Centuries (amazingly before Constantine and his supposed paganizations)

I attach links to 2 study papers, the first is 5 pages long and the 2nd is a summation. I post them, not because I can't write the retorts myself (having read the ANF), but because the author is better worded than I am and less likely to be taken antagonistically (and also has referrence links I was unaware of to support the position).

http://www.wcg.org/lit/law/sabbath/history1.htm (remember there are 5 pages to this, there is a link at the bottom of each page)

http://www.wcg.org/lit/law/sabbath/hanson.htm

Sadly, based on their having not responded to my earlier challenges, I do doubt that Pilgrim7 or PreciousRabbi will give honest evaluation of these (or even read them), but one can hope. However, perhaps another Christian who is being lead astray by false and incomplete historical teachings will be spared.

If you don't have access to the ANF you can download E-Sword at www.e-sword.net (it's free, he asks for a donation, but the program is not restricted in any way if you don't pay) and then go to the Topicals and download the entire 9 Volumes of the Ante-Nicene Fathers.

Two other good resources he has there is Sketches of Church History

by Rev. J. C Robertson, M.A., Canon of Canterbury (I haven't managed to read this one all the way through yet) and St. Paul The Traveller and The Roman Citizen by W.M. Ramsay, D.C.L., LL.D.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom Shiloh,

Your opinion is just that, however, I disagree strongly with your opinion and your statement and writing as if it were anything other than your opinion.

Someone's relationship with G-d and Biblical convictions are most DEFINITELY an issue, to them. It is very ungracious to try dismiss someone's observance of the Sabbath just because you don't care about it. The Scriptures speak a great deal about the Sabbath and for some Christians it is a very important issue. So no, you are not correct by saying it is a non-issue. What is more accurate is that it is a non-issue for YOU. You are entitled to your opinion, but so are others here. And what we see lacking here is grace and respect for other Believer's Biblical convictions.

Yes, it matters to some and it matters to some a great deal and as Christians, we have the freedom and the right and honor to observe the Sabbath according to the Scriptures.

Paul says quite plainly in Romans 14 and Believers should NOT judge or criticize those Believers who celebrate days and have certain food restrictions. Paul says not to judge, but to gracefully respect your brother's convictions and NOT put stumbling blocks in front of them.

I'd like to see the grace and respect, otherwise we are not seeing Biblical responses to this issue.

Romans 14:

5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord

Hi ,I

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I guess I'm having difficulty understanding why you would use G-d when God Himself tells us to call Him Abba, Father (or more familiarly; Dad, Daddy, Papa). He wants a personal relationship built on Love and respect, not fear. No, I'm not trying to put down your use, I just don't understand it.

:whistling:

Dear Brother

Writing G-d Out Of Love And Respect For God Does Not Imply Abba Father Is Not Spoken When Our Sister Prays.

"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;" Ephesians 5:19

No More Than Saying "No, I'm Not Trying To Put Down Your Use" Means The Intention Was To Shower Our Sister With Esteem.

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Philippians 2:3

The Prayer Life Of This Sister Is Really None Of Our Business Unless She Chooses To Share.

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."Matthew 6:6

Insinuating That A Daughter Of The KING Does Not Have A Loving Relationship With Her Heavenly Father Is Just Silly.

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand." Romans 14:4

One Of The Reasons Some Folk Will Not Chance The Destruction Of Written Names Of God Can Be Found In Holy Writ.

"Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree:

And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.

Ye shall not do so unto the LORD your God." Deuteronomy 12:2-4

Brother

Should We Should Ever Be So Blessed As To Directly Minister To The LORD's Beloved Israel

It Would Be A Charitable And Wise Choice For Us To Write God As G-d

Also It Would Be A Kind And Wise Choice For Us To Abstain From Slopping Down Pickled Pigs Feet As We Fellowship With Them.

"It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak." Romans 14:21

By The By Dear Brother

Worthy Is Read By Jew And Gentle Alike

When We Post At Worthy, Our Posts Are Often Read As Letters Of Introduction To Our Lord.

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:20

Thank You For Bearing With Me.

You Are Loved And Esteemed.

Post Early, Post Often.

Post With Love.

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING OF THE JEWS

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Love, Your Brother Joe

Shalom Joe,

You are a jewel!! You are used mightily of our L-rd to speak the truth in love and I am so blessed to be called your sister.

Guest shiloh357
QUOTE(shiloh357 @ Nov 11 2007, 11:41 AM)

Shalom Shiloh,

Your opinion is just that, however, I disagree strongly with your opinion and your statement and writing as if it were anything other than your opinion.

Someone's relationship with G-d and Biblical convictions are most DEFINITELY an issue, to them. It is very ungracious to try dismiss someone's observance of the Sabbath just because you don't care about it. The Scriptures speak a great deal about the Sabbath and for some Christians it is a very important issue. So no, you are not correct by saying it is a non-issue. What is more accurate is that it is a non-issue for YOU. You are entitled to your opinion, but so are others here. And what we see lacking here is grace and respect for other Believer's Biblical convictions.

Yes, it matters to some and it matters to some a great deal and as Christians, we have the freedom and the right and honor to observe the Sabbath according to the Scriptures.

Paul says quite plainly in Romans 14 and Believers should NOT judge or criticize those Believers who celebrate days and have certain food restrictions. Paul says not to judge, but to gracefully respect your brother's convictions and NOT put stumbling blocks in front of them.

I'd like to see the grace and respect, otherwise we are not seeing Biblical responses to this issue.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I did not criticize or judge anyone for keeping the Sabbath. So you can stop whining about that. It is a nonissue, whether you like it or not. If you want to keep the Sabbath, that is your business, I don't really care if you do or don't. No one is going to be judged on whether they keep the Sabbath or not. . My concern as I stated is directed at those who are stating that Sabbath observance is mandatory. That is the nonsense I am challenging. I am not concerned whether some does or does not. I am concerned with those who say that not keeping the seventh day Sabbath is disobedience.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Shalom Shiloh,

And you need to work on your hostility, rudeness and lack of grace. For no one will hear a thing you say because you cause offense by the way you say it.

You can call it "whining" (which is another example of rudeness), I call it living by the Scriptures.

Colossians 4:

6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

And no, Sabbath is not an non-issue, you are incorrect. It is an Biblical issue.

Guest shiloh357
You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Shalom Shiloh,

And you need to work on your hostility, rudeness and lack of grace. For no one will hear a thing you say because you cause offense by the way you say it.

You can call it "whining" (which is another example of rudeness), I call it living by the Scriptures.

And no, it is not an non-issue, you are incorrect.

Well if you were not so hell bent on attributing arguments to me that I did not raise and accusing me of making criticism and judgements I did not make I would not correct you. This is the second time in this thread that you have made false accusations against me and it is getting really old. It is a product of you reacting to what you think I said, instead of actually reading my remarks. And yes, it does amount to whining.

I really don't care if you agree with me or not. My concern is with your misattributions to me.

Well if you were not so hell bent on attributing arguments to me that I did not raise and accusing me of making criticism and judgements I did not make I would not correct you. This is the second time in this thread that you have made false accusations against me and it is getting really old. It is a product of you reacting to what you think I said, instead of actually reading my remarks. And yes, it does amount to whining. I really don't care if you agree with me or not. My concern is with your misattributions to me.

Shalom Shiloh,

Dear oh dear. Where is the grace? It is not to be found. Grace should be evident in someone's life who wishes to have people listen to him. No one can hear you since your words are so rude and hostile. The lack of grace is drowning out everything else.

1 Corinthians 13

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith,(B) so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9For(O) we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but(P) when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12For(Q) now we see in a mirror dimly, but® then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as(S) I have been fully known.

13So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Your concerns are the non-issue here brother.

The scriptures tells us plainly that the Sabbath is Biblical, whether you agree or not.