Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

look at Daniel 1, he and his buddies thrived on a vegetable only diet!

Ah, but OneAccord, that was just to prove the point that God would sustain them no matter WHAT they ate. They weren't thriving because of veggies - they were thriving on the sustenance of the Lord!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

This is another one of those subjects where people take the words out of context for their own purposes.

If people want to be vegitarians so be it but don't use scripture to make those of us who like their meat ( great source of protien for bodybuilding ) feel bad for doing so.

My body needs the nutrients found in meat just as someone else said earlier. I was vegitarian for a time and got really ill because of it.

Some high protien diets are mistakenly placed under the heading of Atkins too such as a BB style diet that has a balance of Protien, Carb and Fats with the higher being the protien, but it is lean sources of protien not all that fat.

I was challenged by the book of Daniel but in the sense of going back to basics and giving up my gluttonous ways with over endulging in rich foods which where making my health suffer.

I totally agree with the last post by Green Darner.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

God resolved that issue forever with Peter, and even he with such an emphatic experience still had a problem totally accepting it.

The true Spiritual diet is given us by Christ with the woman at the well, and He gave us instruction that if we will be His disciples we will eat His body, and drink His blood. So like it has been said all the debate over the issue is an exercise of men leaning to their own understanding, which in effect is serving the lord of the world.

Guest idolsmasher

But then again, God's original diet for man was strictly vegetarian, so there must be some benefit to all those fruits and veggies and such. I don't think people should be put down for promoting something they believe is healthier, but to say eating meat is sin goes a bit too far in my opinion, seeing as it is given by God for food.

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

As far as I know God never took back this promise other than partially under the Mosaic law where certain meats were prohibited. Personally, I think it boils down to choice and what works for you. I can respect a person's choice not to eat meat but for them to tell me it is a sin when that doesn't appear to be true in God's word makes their claims highly questionable. I don't see what the claim eating meat being a sin could be based on. God even in the Mosaic law went so far as to put down explicit rules and guidelines for how animals should be slaughtered, butchered, cooked, and eaten.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds kind of like the Hindu's in India that are starving and won't eat the cows that are all over the place.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

Eating too much meat is not good for you, there are foods you can eat to make up for the proteins you get only from meat.

I believe a person can be perfectly healthy without eating meat..I eat it a little and very seldom red meat, there is alot of hidden fat in meat, that's why I like to eat chicken best. I agere with Bisquit with all the medication the animals get you might be better of not eating it at all.

And the sandwich meats are full of junk to keep the meat fresh and tasty.

But since we're not under the law we can eat whatever we feel comfortable with,for me its some meat now and then.

Whole grain carbs are good for you and the diet without carbs is too hard on the kidneys.

Guest shadow2b
-I have chosen to honor His original diet and to reverence the life He created. In order to eat an animal she must first be dead. It is not wise to devour death.

-GEEEEE--how quaint---ever read what ole?--uhhhhh??what was that dudes name??

-uhh?ohhh-yeah ole brother PAUL---you know tha dude that wrote just bout two-

-thirds of the NEW-TESTAMENT--{testament??---WILL??}-AS in GOD'S WILL??

-SO mucho fer yo reverentials--& uhhhh??try some dessertpiehit.gifmeat-free--of course

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I believe in a holy diet.

That's why I only eat swiss cheese and donuts.