IGNORED

Ever been involved in a Pyramid scheme?

Guest Sportster

Have you ever been involved in a Pyramid scheme??  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been involved in a Pyramid scheme??

• Yes
    • Yes,but I got out of it.Don't do it now.
    • Was thinking about doing it
    • No,I believe it's wrong.
    • No,but I don't know if it's wrong or not.

Guest Sportster

I was just offered to get into one of these today. I'll post my thoughts on it later. I want to know YOU'RE thoughts on it first. I've already made up my mind on it,but I want to know what you believe on this.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

uhh... what's a pyramid scheme?

Guest Sportster

I KNEW I should have included that 'what is it' in my poll! Darn it! :t2: A pyramid scheme is something alot of Christians have gotten caught up into. It's a money scheme where there is a top dog,in the one which I was solicited on,it's called the 'blessed' position. Think of it like the spokes of a wheel. The 'blessed' person is in the middle. Then outside him is two 'joyful' spots. Next is four 'helper' spots and then 8 'beginner' positions. 1,2,4 and 8. You move up the 'pyramid' as the lower spots are filled with newcomers. They give,say,$500 to the 'blessed' person to join in the pyramid. Then they also have to recruit two NEW 'beginners' behind them. Once they do,they move up to the 'helper' position and the pyramid splits in two,with the old 'blessed' person moving out and one of the 'joys' moving up to the 'blessed spot. The monies from the beginners go up to the blessed spot always,and each position moves up behind them. Once you hit the 'blessed' spot,you are 'blessed' with the monies from the newbies and then once paid you either are done or move up to a 'next level' if there is one. So,say you put in $500,as a beginner. Since there are 8 beginners...8x500=4000. Supposedly,when you hit 'blessed' you get $4000. So out of a $500 investment,you make $4000. That's all I'll say about it till the votes are in...I want to see what folks think first.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

I have been apporached by those in that type of scheme also. I don't care what anyone says it on par with theft. Those on the bottom always lose. Many Christians have fallen for them not totally understanding what they are but do yourself a favor and steer clear of them.

Guest LCPGUY

I have been involved with two such companies.

In the mid-70's with Bestline, and currently with Ecoquest.

They almost always offer products that are supposedly better than store bought alternatives. They charge more for a marginally better(?) product. They make their big money by requiring prospective distributors to invest large sums of money to stock up on inventory. They even arrange financing for you. The little guy usually suffers and loses everything.

STAY AWAY!!!

John

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I voted yes before I read your definition. No, I have never been involved in that sort of thing. We were into AMWAY for several years and I know they say it is not a pyramid but in reality it is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I voted yes before I read your definition. No, I have never been involved in that sort of thing. We were into AMWAY for several years and I know they say it is not a pyramid but in reality it is.

Amway is pyramid but it is really not a scheme. The people at the top do make more money than the people at the bottom, however it really isn't a true "Pyramid Scheme." In a pryamid scheme the people at the top make money at the expense of the people at the bottom. A true pyramid scheme has a set length as it plays out the people at the top make the money and the latest inveltors actually loose thier investment. It is this that makes it not legal and I think very wrong. Amway to me is ok for everyone makes money, just not all the same. Also you know and understand this from the beginning. The others you can't know how far the scheme has gone and you can't know if you really can make anything from it or loose.

If that makes sense....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Amway is pyramid but it is really not a scheme. The people at the top do make more money than the people at the bottom, however it really isn't a true "Pyramid Scheme." In a pryamid scheme the people at the top make money at the expense of the people at the bottom.

:t2: The whole world is a giant pyramid scheme. :b:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

PS: I would stay well away from it Sportster.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

The Bible says "Be not deceived, God is not mocked, whatsoever a man sows, that he shall also reap." (Galatians 6:7). If you sow your time, energy or money into a program that ultimately causes financial loss, suffering and confusion to others, even if you made money temporarily, you will ultimately reap suffering, confusion and financial loss as a result.

The love of money motivates people to care more about self-interests than their neighbors or brothers. All pyramid programs will end up burning more people than they help. The basic mathematics of these programs necessitates that there will be many times more people losing than gaining money. That great majority of people will feel hurt, used, and abused. They will be disappointed and lose trust in anyone who got them involved in these programs. "The love of money is the root of all sorts of evil." (1 Timothy 6:10). As Christians, we should be promoting righteousness, peace, and joy. Our relationships should be built on love and trust.

"Those who do not work should not eat." (2 Thessalonians 3:10). The desire to make money without working for it is an unrighteous desire. God uses work to build and shape our character. He delights in providing for those who put His Kingdom and His Righteousness first. Some people talk about using wealth that they are going to gain from pyramid schemes or gambling to promote God's Kingdom. God's Kingdom is not promoted by unrighteousness. It is promoted through the loving sacrifice of those who are obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Amway is always the first thing that pops into peoples minds when it comes to pyrymid schemes. The structure is similar but not quite.

Yeah like so many things in life LOL.

I've been in Amway and find that it has quite a focus on having church services during confrence weekends and such. Really good fellowship.

But as for a true Pyramid Scheme, no never been in one. Didn't think alot of christians would.