hr.jr.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Interesting thread. However I wonder why this passage has not been brought up yet.

Matthew 8:28 (snip)

It appears here that the demons are know they are awaiting judgment, in Luke 8 this same incident is recorded and the demons do not want to be thrown into the abyss. It almost seems that these demons could possibly be fallen angels awaiting the judgment spoken of in 2 Peter and Jude. The issue would again be brought back to what is mean by bound by chains of darkness. These passages do not give an absolute clarity on the issue at hand but if they did there would be no discussion.

What is your opinion? As they are "awaiting judgment" do you believe they could be souls of terrible humans or the fallen angels? Is there another possibility?

It is an interesting topic!

.......Whirlwind

As I stand now it appears that demons are the fallen angels. I have yet to be convinced that the gap theory can be supported very strongly, so I will not easily accept a theory that demons come from a pre-adamic race or something else in that theoretical time period. Nor am I completely convinced that demons are from the nephilim, although if they were not fallen angels the nephilim would be interesting to look into. I do however, find it interesting that in the passages I mentioned above do indicate that the demons know their fate and it is destruction, which would be a parallel to the experience of fallen angels.

I kind of got in on the end of a long discussion here. Might I add (if it has not been) that not all the angels that broke off and followed Lucifer came here and made wives of the daughters of Adam. According to books of Enoch and Jasher is was only about two hundred of the origional "Watchers" that were here that are chained and reserved for judgement.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Interesting thread. However I wonder why this passage has not been brought up yet.

It appears here that the demons are know they are awaiting judgment, in Luke 8 this same incident is recorded and the demons do not want to be thrown into the abyss. It almost seems that these demons could possibly be fallen angels awaiting the judgment spoken of in 2 Peter and Jude. The issue would again be brought back to what is mean by bound by chains of darkness. These passages do not give an absolute clarity on the issue at hand but if they did there would be no discussion.

What is your opinion? As they are "awaiting judgment" do you believe they could be souls of terrible humans or the fallen angels? Is there another possibility?

.......Whirlwind

As I stand now it appears that demons are the fallen angels. I have yet to be convinced that the gap theory can be supported very strongly, so I will not easily accept a theory that demons come from a pre-adamic race or something else in that theoretical time period. Nor am I completely convinced that demons are from the nephilim, although if they were not fallen angels the nephilim would be interesting to look into. I do however, find it interesting that in the passages I mentioned above do indicate that the demons know their fate and it is destruction, which would be a parallel to the experience of fallen angels.

I kind of got in on the end of a long discussion here. Might I add (if it has not been) that not all the angels that broke off and followed Lucifer came here and made wives of the daughters of Adam. According to books of Enoch and Jasher is was only about two hundred of the origional "Watchers" that were here that are chained and reserved for judgement.

There is nothing wrong with me...just got my keyboard working.. I am referring to the original question! Never seen a Nephilim, seen demons and angels. Seen territorial spirits leave that are ruling demons. The reference to Jude 1:6 i do not agree here. When a demon is loosed and bound they are waiting...

I learned what I know through the power of the Holy Spirit as well as being in the presence of a Godly teacher with 45 yrs experience, for 18 years... I think it is a need to know and discern, but for the correct reason and Gods will. I am sorry if I sounded rude in a earlier post but with my keyboard malfunctioning I typed what i was able to and that seemed like it took forever. Forgive me if I was curt. paricia1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

.......Whirlwind

There is nothing wrong with me...just got my keyboard working.. I am referring to the original question! Never seen a Nephilim, seen demons and angels. Seen territorial spirits leave that are ruling demons. The reference to Jude 1:6 i do not agree here. When a demon is loosed and bound they are waiting...

I learned what I know through the power of the Holy Spirit as well as being in the presence of a Godly teacher with 45 yrs experience, for 18 years... I think it is a need to know and discern, but for the correct reason and Gods will. I am sorry if I sounded rude in a earlier post but with my keyboard malfunctioning I typed what i was able to and that seemed like it took forever. Forgive me if I was curt. paricia1

What particular information did you learn from the Godly teacher and the Holy Spirit?

The only biblical information I can glean from the "Scripture" says the fallen angels are bound in "hell."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

.......Whirlwind

What particular information did you learn from the Godly teacher and the Holy Spirit?

The only biblical information I can glean from the "Scripture" says the fallen angels are bound in "hell."

when were they bound? certainly not before Jesus' death? If we are in a army and Jesus is Captain of all the hosts, as well as us who are we fighting? Who are we to wrestle against if it is not flesh and blood? What scriptural premise do you have that they are ALL bound.

If rebellon is a sin of witchraft and JESUS not being the author then who is?

What greater works was Jesus telling us to do. He is our example to follow in His footstep soe should with the humbleness, fruit of the Spirit, wisdom and grace.

I did not say much about fallen angels. So you must believe people were created evil then by God!?! Satan is a angel, one of Gods favorites...comes as a light

Evil is Evil. Evil is not bound. Demons love the fact people do believe they are not around,

makes thier job easier. Jesus will show you if you asked. Remember, they flee at Jesus name if you follow the Risen King...Christ Jesus...... but be careful!!!! If they do not know you they will beat you up.

She taught me The Love of Jesus....she overflowes with it and still does at 80 yrs old.

God Bless patricia