to owingsaseagles

John 1

the eternal word new spirit filled life bible

1 in the begining was the word and the word was with god and the word was god

2 he was in the beginign with god

3 all things wear made threw him and with out him nothing was made

4 in him was life and the life was the light of man

5 and the light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprhend it

the holy spirit also fulfills a definite fuction in relation to christ while the father sent the spirit in the name of christ the spirit never draws attention to him self nor does he speak in his own athority instead his mission is to glorify jesus and to declare christs teaching to the disciples john 16 verse 14

new spirit filled open bible john 16 verse 14 he wil glorify me for he wil take of what is mine and declare it to you

15 all things that the father has are mine therfore i said that he wil take of mine and declare it to you

the work of the holy spirit new spirit filled life bible john 16

5 but now i go away to him who sent me and none of you asks me wear i am going

6 but becaus i have said these things to you sorrow has filled your hearts

7 never the less i tell you the truth it is to your advantage that i go away for if i do not go away the helper wil not come to you but if i depart i wil send him to you

8 and when he comes he wil convict the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment

9 of sin because because they do not belive in me

10 of righteousness because i go to my father and you see me no longer

11 of judgment becaus the ruler of this world is judged

12 i stil have many things to say to you but you cannot bare them know

13 however when he the spirit comes he wil guide you into al truth for he wil not speak of his own authority but whatever he hears he wil speak and he will tel you things to come

so is it god talking to jesus disciples hear or is it gods son talking to his disciples teling them that he is going to send them a helper and even jesus says that helper wil lead you in all truth of gods living word and he wil even tel you what i want him to tell you

now are you related to poor in spirit as this other person was trying so hard to preach and even to the point telling me my conversion and my conviction was a satanic demon

john 16 verse 27 for the father him self loves you because you have loved me and have belived that i came from god

28 i have came from the father and have come into the world again i leave the world and go to the father

1 corinthians 15 the ressurection of christ

now brothers i want to remind you of the gospel i preached to you which you recived and on which you have taken your stand

2 by this gospel you are saved if you hold firmly to the word i preached to you other wise you have belived in vain

now i do not want to high jack this persons thread and turn it into an all out biblical war when a brother is seeking to learn and grow you said how or why would worthy alow this i say we are from many denominations and we also read from difrent translations and al the bibles that have been published and printed and sold threw our christian book store every single translations points to the father to the son and to the holy spirit

please do not throw this brother of track by your was of thinking we should be able to walk in unity with out one person saying one book is the only true book and i hope you are not related to poor in spirit

i wil be praying for your salvation and for the truth of gods word to sink in

from your brother in the lord damien

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

quote by damo::also explaine how then can a humen be convicted if you seem to say you only belive in god i can go deep with you if you want to as i just recently encounterd some one else on this thread who took off after being drilled not just by me but sevral other so if i wear you i would be very care ful when it comes to what christ did for us on the cross or was it god him self who was nailed on the cross ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:damo do you not believe that Jesus was God?If so what are you trying to say?

damo1

ok it seem to me with have another one who was like poor in spirit what did i state in my post i pulled you up because you decided to pul some one else up i know who jesus is to me i know what gods son did on the cross for me and i know who convicted me while having one moth left to serve out my time

my point to you my friend was this how can some one like your self say you only belive in god with out beliving in the god head and i wil say this one more time i would like this post to be left wear this person can get proper advice not by some fool who only sifts what he wants to hear and then trys to correct am i making my point very clear to you i do not want this thread set up by the op being turned out into an all out bibllcal argument so you say haressey at its best

think hard my friend think very hard

damo that was a humorous post :cool: but heresy is heresy ,sorry if you are offended by that :taped:

damo1 :)

so have we got a preacher among us my friend by you saying that was a humorous post lets her your points and lets hear your views if you seem to want to pul this topic one way what is wrong with a person having an open and teach able spirit ? again i am going to ask you are you related to poor in spirit and do you feel like this other person who set up sevral topics hear on worthy to the point wear he was begining to pull every one down and only saying he had it right because king james is the only true bible and every other bible that has been printed and sold threw out the world mind you and printed in many languages as wel and in difrent translations to so

if you feel you like to play god hear and some how sit in on judgment to me it sounds like you have an unstable mind or are you like what it says in james double minded man

i remember sticking up for you in one post hear as to what you wear saying quote its christians that are dangerous in why are aheists scarry as i took my time reading what you had been jotting down my friend and one poster was ready to pull your thoughts and what you wear saying apart

so i am going to say like what you said people like your self are dangerous to the body of christ as you have nothing better to do than sift what you want to hear and then attac those that openly belive and grab hold of the ful truth

so pleas tel me my twisted friend how do you find the scriptuer passages i gave and by what i said humoros and as you said haresey is hersey who is calling the kettle black then my friend

i want you to think very hard to what you say in the next post that you leave hear i want you to also see if this is going to benifit the op and any other new christian that comes to worthy searching for friendship and wiling to learn

we are one big family from all over the world we are from many diffrent denominations my brothers and sisters in india and in other parts of the world are suffering for this gospel while people like your self like to hide behind bibles passages you are comfterbal with

i have a friend in china knowing at any given moment her parents can have her thrown in prison she can not even share gods word to them when she wants to go to church to hear the gospel preached she has to get a provisonal licence and that can even get takken off her

and then to come across what you leave and say thanks for the humoros post and give me a thumbs up how i wish you wear hear so i can rebuke you to your face and see for my self what sort of person you are

its so simple to hide behind a computer and just type away in cyber space knowing that you can not see the other person and feel sercure and safe with in your own surrounding

so do you want to even confuse new christians who are searching and reading gods word ?

do you not belive that jesus was god :24:

learn to read your bible propley as jesus came in the form of a man born of a virgin and his own mother had a viset by an agel of god telling her she is going to bring a child into this world

so tel me how can god be jesus :24: please dont make me crack up as this is al that its doing and you are being left to look the fool not me

so by you saying this to me was it god him self who was nailed to the cross ? or was it jesus nailed to the cross

man who is preaching to you and what have you allowed your self to belive it seem to me you are one confused person who is coming close to being rebuked if he is not very care full

by by thanks as it showed me you wear not even willing to openly explaine the questions i asked you but you wear openly willing to confront a sister in the lord

quote your words by wven tryin to qoute the apostle paul whom i know very wel my self and have studied his life and gone over his apistles he wrote while in jail

you said this there was one god the father and there was one lord jesus christ please dont make me laugh

ok seems you want to quote or twist what paul says hear is the full version to what paul says

1 corinthians 3 verse 16 dont you know you that you your selves are gods temple and that gods spirit lives in you

17 and if any one destroys gods temple god wil destroy him for gods temple is sacred and you are that temple

wisdom from the spirit

1 corinthians 2

6 we do how ever speak a message of all wisdom among the mature but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age who are coming to nothing

7 no we speak of gods secret wisdom a wisdom that has been hidden and that god destined for our glory before time began

8 none of the rulers of this age understood it for if they had they would not have crucified the lord of glory

9 how ever as it is written no eye has seen

no ear has heard

no mind has concieved

what god has prepared for those who love him

10 but god has reveald it to us by his spirit

the spirit searches all things even the deep things of god

11 for who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the mans spirit with in him in the same way no one knows the thoughts of god except except the spirit of god

12 we have not recived the spirit of the world but the spirit who is from god that we may understand what god has given us

and what does paul say at the very end in 2 corinthians 14 may the grace of the lord jesus christ and the love of god and the fellowship of the holy spirit be with you all

you gave out this verse in this post when you quoted 1 corinthians 8 verse 6 yes paul does say this as it even says this in the new international version

yet for us there is but one god the father from whom all things came and for whom we live and there is but one lord jesus christ through whom all things came and through whom we live

yet this was teling those that were worshiping idols

know this that an idol has no personal reality since their concience is weak it is defiled christians who concseive of an idol as being real can not rid them selves of this idea consenquently they think that eating meat on sacrificed on a pagan worship thus have sinned against christ

paul was adressing the people hear when he gave out that verse in 1 corinthians 8 verse 6

i can see how lack of knowledge you have when it comes to gods word its self

that is why i pulled you up when you decided to pull some one else up

and it shows me as i said by the questions i left for you that you wear not even willing to answer me

please do not prevent a new christian from opening up to the truth of gods word

by bro nice nowing that you wil just paste what people say with out explaining your self

from damo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

onwingsaseagles

Mmmm - I'm having trouble getting my head around what you are saying. Are you saying that Jesus DID NOT exist as a separate entity to the Father before he was born as a man?

damo1 :cool:

hay mutzrein i think we are going to have to be very carefull of owingsaseagles as i am thinking on the same lines as you are brother

we encounterd some one like owingsaseagles a while back hear in worthy and this person only belived in what the old kings james bible says as we wear even puxxled by his approach of the scriptures he was throwing at us to the point of wear i saw this and sevral saw that he was worshiping a translation and then having us question our own faith and making a bold statement as this only kings james is right and al other bibles printed and sold are wrong

i think mutzrein you wil not get a very straight forward answer from owingsaseagles

just do as i am doing and see how far we can go with him i think owingsaseagles wil not last long as i feel he is hiding behind his scripture passages as i feel he only sees god for who god is he cany even acknolwedge or state that they al work togther and i feel has has lack of knowledge of gods word that is why i have been jumping on owingsaseagles

take care brother do not let him get you to wear you are questioning your own faith stand firm on gods word and let the holy spirit guide you with this lost soul

from your brother in the lord damo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I am surprised that worthy even allows this discussion seeing as this site is totally trinitarian but I am not.I believe God is one not three or three persons or people or beings that create one God but one uni-personal God.Jesus was not ''God the Son'' made flesh but God himself ''The Father''.The distinction between Jesus and the Father was his humanity,not that he is a separate person of the trinity.Jesus not only said that he was one with the Father in john 10:30 but he said he was the Father john 14:7-9.Also Jesus says when praying in john 17:1-3 that the Father was the ONLY TRUE GOD so to deny that Jesus himself was the Father and say he was just ''God the Son'' a separate person of the trinity is to deny his deity all together.Lastly the apostle paul wrote in 1st cor 8:6 that there was ONE GOD the FATHER and one Lord Jesus Christ.There are not three persons of the God head there is one,Jesus Christ.In john 14:18 he refers to the man Jesus and the Holy Spirit both in first person.Jesus indeed was the son through his humanity but his divinity was the Father and his spirit was the Holy Spirit.Jesus Christ is the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.In matthew 28:19 Jesus tell his disciple to baptize in the name of the Father,Son,and Holy Spirit.Yet if you read through acts they baptised only in the name of Jesus or in the name of the Lord.Were they wrong for doing so?NO,the name of the Father,Son and,Holy Spirit is JESUS.

When Jesus returned to the Father are you saying that they reunited into one being or something? What do you see as the entity of God currently?

Good question Mutsrein,No I do not think that Jesus ''reunited''into one being as the Father again.I believe that when God decided to become a man that was an eternal decision not temporary.The man Jesus Christ will always exist distinct from the Father because of his humanity But i do believe Jesus to be the Father incarnate,not a separate person of the trinity or not 1/3 God but fully God.The scripture is clear that there is one God and that one God is the Father.1st cor 8:6 as well as 1st tim 2:5 which says:There is one God and one mediator between God and man ''THE MAN JESUS CHRIST''.It is the man Jesus that is distinct from the Father but the Father that was manifest as that man.Every time the bible refers to God it is referring to the Father.Therefore in John 1:1-2&14 it shows that the word was God who is the Father and that God was made flesh meaning the Father was made flesh and in 1st tim 3:16 it says that God was manifest in the flesh and since no where in the bible does it ever say God the son or God the Holy Spirit we can not assume that God the Son was manifest in the flesh.We must use scripture as our basis and scripture alway refers to God as God,God The Father,or God our Father.So when John 1:14 and 1st tim 3:16 says that God was made flesh we MUST understand that it is referring to God the Father as dictated by the scripture.

Ok those two sentences are totally contradictory. If Jesus will throughout eternity retain his glorified human body but the Father will still sit on the throne, then you cannot believe in anything but the Trinity. If God as you say, is just one singular, then He cannot be Jesus in a glorified body sitting in the right hand of the throne while at the same time being the Person sitting on the throne! Trinitarian doctrine teaches one God, but three distinct Persons in one; this is difficult for us to grasp - how could it not be? But it is truth.

..and that God was made flesh meaning the Father was made flesh...

No no no, my what a twist of Scripture that is! John 1:1-3 is a proof of Jesus' deity, and then verse 14 says '..and we behold his glory ,as of the only begotten Son of God, full of grace and truth'. Jesus is not the Father incarnate, the Father is a distinct and separate Person of the Godhead. Again as someone else pointed out, when Jesus came out of the water from being baptized, was He saying He was pleased with Himself? Honesty this idea that the Trinity is false, is too hard to support with Scripture. And I have to ask why do you believe it? Why not just accept that Scripture teaches 3 Persons in 1 and believe it?

...and since no where in the Bible does it ever say God the Son....

Oh really? I suggest you read the whole of Hebrews chapter 1, it is a powerful passage on Jesus' deity. And in vs 8 we see it saying ' but unto the Son he saith, thy throne, oh God, is for ever and ever..'

Nor can your belief explain why Jesus would be praying to Himself in the Gospels. If He is the Father anyway, who would He be praying to and why? That would in effect just be talking to yourself...so now you have Jesus praying and saying ' myself, I know you hear me and glorify yourself in me - well actually yourself is me but..'. That is total absurdity!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

smiles your problem is that you don't understand the teaching of the trinity nor the reality of the oneness of God.You go on your marry little way believing every thing your church does with out ever asking God for true revelation.James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom,let him ask of God that giveth toall men liberally,and abradeth not;and it shall be given to you.This goes for understanding as well as wisdom ,I suggest you ask for some understanding.2nd tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God,a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,rightly dividing the word of truth.;)

Onwings I gave you Scriptural backing for my beliefs and showed how yours were inaccurate especially in your interpretation of John 1, and this is your defense?

smiles your problem is that you don't understand the teaching of the trinity nor the reality of the oneness of God.You go on your marry little way believing every thing your church does with out ever asking God for true revelation.James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom,let him ask of God that giveth toall men liberally,and abradeth not;and it shall be given to you.This goes for understanding as well as wisdom ,I suggest you ask for some understanding.2nd tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God,a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,rightly dividing the word of truth.;)

damo1 to owingsaseagles

this is damo i am going to jump in before any one else does you are the one that needs to pull up are you worshiping a translation ? as it seems to me owingsaseagles you are like another person i encounterd a while ago on worthy

tell me something owingsaseagles in your own version to your own understand humor me and explaine to us that are settled in decent churches who god is who christ is and who the holy spirit is ?

when ever i ask you a question you seem to throw in silly bible refrences its as if you hide behind the twisters you throw and then expect us to question what our churches teach from the pulpit too me you seem just like one man who is only wanting us decent christians to accpet your terms and your understanding of a gospel you know not much about

also i am noticing in your posts you leave owingsaseagles you dont have much back up or have much to say when you are questioned but have the nerve to jump on us that do understand the bible very well

as i said brother we are from many denominations and unlike you most of us understand what christ did for us on the cross

so to me ownigsaseagles it seems to me that you are worshiping a translation instead of alowing your self to open up to the truth of gods word do you dare mock the holy spirit and everything that was done for us

you some how do not even have a good understanding of who the apostle paul is or what he him self had to endure yet i have a funny feeling owingsaseagles if some one does confront you you seem to run or hide behind your bible passages you throw

even by quoting james you have not understood or seem to not bother to understand this

in james 1

4 perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete lacking anything

5 if any of you lacks wisdom he should ask god who gives generously with out finding fault and it wil be given to him

you seem to say that we should seek out the truth and ask god for wisdom yet when i read your words you leave on this post its as if you owingsaseagles are lacking wisdom hear god james says if a man lacks wisdom he should ask god and god wil give it to him with out looking down on him or picking at him in his understanding when it comes to reading gods word and applying this to your life

you owingsaseagles are good at picking faults in us that are settled in decent bible beliving churches but when it comes to us puling you up you have not got much to say but all you seem to say is haresey at its best

6 but when he asks he must belive and not doubt because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea blwon and tossed by the wind

7 that man should not think he wil receive anything from the lord

8 he is a double minded man unstable in all that he does

so too me owingsaseagles you seem like the person being described in james as you seem to be very unstable what you say even seems to be unstable

i am going to ask you owingsaseagles what church do you belong to even though i feel you wil not openly say a thing do you fall in this line of group are you a morman ? or are you a jahove wittness ?

as by what you say in your posts owingsaseagles you seem to fall into these two groups

and only a morman or jahove wittness will say something like this

please humor me owingsaseagles

from damo

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

To all,

Here's my gentle advice to keep this thread open:

Pray before posting. :emot-hug:

Thanks!

t.

damo1 :emot-hug:

not a problem from this side ted i do pray but i hope one poster aslo stops questioning us as well

i hear you and i said this to as i do not want this thread being turned out into an all out biblical war as its not fair on a new christian seeking truth and wanting to grow

i will though pray hard before i decide to even answer one poster take care from damo