OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I have experienced a burning desire to just end the fast and eat and I have had such a burning desire to hear from the Lord that food was the last thing on my mind..

and all the different stages in between..

Every fast has been different and I have learned from every one..

Just do it and let the Lord walk you through the experience..You will be blessed... :thumbsup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

talking about food and pastries you can do what me and a friend did we did it as a joke we bought some pizza as we new sevral people wear fasting and we just let the smell of the freshly cooked pizza do its thing as i wanted to see who would crack and how long before we had the first person asking for some pizza

food is one of the hardest things when fasting wear i live in armidale we book out some cabins on a property and we stay their for sevral days but we do this over the school holidays as most of us work and you can not do this while you are working i had a friend that did a 30 day fast while working and i have been told of a guy that was part of this church that i am in know who also fasted for 30 days and he put all his trust in god as he was going threw a hard time and his wife was about to walk out on him after he finished his 30 day fast the lord restored the brokken relationship and also did some amzing things with in his own personal life sevral people said to him you are nuts for doing a 30 day fast but he ignored those that wear trying to throw him off path

we also book the cabins out in guyra for personal prayer wear we wil arive friday afternoon or evening and then we wil have dinner and pray until sunday after noon its very peace ful wear the cabins are and only an hour from wear i am and we also pray until the saturday morning those that want to catch up on sleep we let them as its not forced on you

so if you have not stayed up for the whole weekend and prayed in a group or by your self i would recommend this as wel

we have brakes in between when we do our prayer thing in the cabins we book out

we try to avoid macdonalds or any food out let wear i am living as i notice when ever our prayer meeting group prays some dim wit wil start to talk on food and this is day 2 of the fast and my pastor looks at me as if he is saying slap that person hard as he knows how i think when food is bought into fasting

god bless from damo

• Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

leave it damo to say such things. you crack me up man! :whistling:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

talking about food and pastries you can do what me and a friend did we did it as a joke we bought some pizza as we new sevral people wear fasting and we just let the smell of the freshly cooked pizza do its thing as i wanted to see who would crack and how long before we had the first person asking for some pizza

YOU GUYS ARE SO EVIL!!!! AHAAHAHAHAHAHA... well I guess it doesn't hurt for the Furnace of Afflicion's temperature to be a little bit higher.. makes you more elite prayer warrior :whistling:

we also book the cabins out in guyra for personal prayer wear we wil arive friday afternoon or evening and then we wil have dinner and pray until sunday after noon its very peace ful wear the cabins are and only an hour from wear i am and we also pray until the saturday morning those that want to catch up on sleep we let them as its not forced on you

so if you have not stayed up for the whole weekend and prayed in a group or by your self i would recommend this as wel

This is interesting, I've been wanting to do something similar where I am but I don't know of any places or groups..

damo1

thanks peaches i like to be the rebel as this side has not been nailed yet we are about to fast again and i have a funy feeling the young people are going to do what i did in my old church as they saw that bart sympson episode wear bart and the revrends daughter eat ice cream we only did one last year and some dim wit bought a hole chicken while we wear fasting i nearly grabed that chicken but my pastor stepped in and told one of the member to eat this at home

and all threw out that after noon i saw chicken drum sticks in front of me by 10 pm i broke the fast and dialed up a pizza i had enough and had to ring my pastor and i had to say gues what i am not fasting he said did the chicken do it i said yep the darn chicken did it

but we got the member back as they wear fasting so we kept dialing the home number and we even sent a pizza on their door step only to have it sent back with a short note i know its you guys i payed for it you can eat it so we sent the box back empty with a note saying god has eyes brother

:whistling::rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :whistling::rolleyes:

YOU GUYS ARE SO EVIL!!!! AHAAHAHAHAHAHA... well I guess it doesn't hurt for the Furnace of Afflicion's temperature to be a little bit higher.. makes you more elite prayer warrior :thumbsup:

This is interesting, I've been wanting to do something similar where I am but I don't know of any places or groups..

damo1

hay brother just been talking with the guys i do this hear with may be try to conect with some guys near you from difrent churches and see who does this or sugest this with the group of people you are you do not need to book cabins like we do hear as they cost a bit when we do it but for us its wel worth it as it gets us men away from everything and we can just be our selves you can also sugest like camping for the weekend if any one has tents and a gas burner to do cooking you wil notice the diffrence when you do something like we do blien if you wear ever visiting australia you wil be more than welcome to pray with us australians

i have been to a 24 hr prayer held in canberra and it was awsem we took turns in diffrent groups praying each church had their own timese they wear coming in and also did worship it was awsem and i wil be looking forward to doing this when i move back to canberra at the end of this year as i love the brothers and sisters i had gotten to know threw these prayer night events

and if your church has not got it blien why not show by leading ? as it just takes one person to make a diffrence brother

god bless from damo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Haven't read the responses.

This verse indicates that fasting is for today

"Mat 6:16 Moreover when ye fast ..."

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Haven't read the responses.

This verse indicates that fasting is for today

"Mat 6:16 Moreover when ye fast ..."

Excellent point. I can't talk for anyone else, but I can say that I have so easily skipped over the word "when". I know that I have been spoiled by the style of living I have that fasting seemed more of a choice then anything else. Guilty! Jesus did mention that after He left, they would fast. If there was a head count in the United States, in particular, I wounder what the percentage would be?

I started fasting yesterday. Just wondering how you guys are doing..

Its already feels like a day longer than it really is..