• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/11/1987

I was just sitting here and thinking -- probably because it's late and I'm sort of hyper from a small dose of delirium. The person I am growing to like spent a lot of time with me today and, well, that is neither here nor there.

Here's my question: What is God's name? We call Him God because -- because why? Does He have a formal name?

I don't expect an answer. I doubt that in all of human knowledge there is one. I'd like to hear some ideas, though. Any clues gathered from reading scripture and anything else.

And a quick other question, if you don't mind. What is a mason? And could you elaborate precisely. I'm curious after a discussion I had.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

His name is Jesus.

The following two references are from the book of Matthew, the first book in the New Testament, and the book of Isaiah, an Old Testament prophet that prophecied of Jesus' coming birth.

Matt 1:20-23 (KJV)

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The mighty God is Jesus.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/11/1987

His name is Jesus.

The following two references are from the book of Matthew, the first book in the New Testament, and the book of Isaiah, an Old Testament prophet that prophecied of Jesus' coming birth.

Matt 1:20-23 (KJV)

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The mighty God is Jesus.

Wow.

You actually made me have one of my "Oh, my gosh -- why didn't I think of that?" moments, AT.

Although I can't say for sure, I think you may be on to something!

Thanks!

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Your welcome :taped:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Daten, first of all you really need to define what you mean by the word God. Both the Hebrew and Greek words that are translated as god basically mean diety. When it is talking about what most would referr to as the Godhead, it's capitolized and when speaking about the Father it usually has the word 'the' in front of it.

People don't always agree as to which entity is being referred to when you speak of "God" for the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are diety and would be considered "God" to us, but to a pagan they would just be "god".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

blessings datan you also may want to check this study link out :

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=30085

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Who Is He

"When the men were come unto him, they said, John Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?

And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight.

Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me." Luke 7:20-23

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." John 3:36

:thumbsup:

Wonderful Question

Wonderful

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

:blink:

Most Masons Are Folk Who Do Life Without True Light

The Lord Jesus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:16-18

Tricky And False

Masons Swear Oaths To Uphold Masonry And Its Teachings.

These Teachings Are Anti-Biblical And Full Of Sin.

See http://www.apologeticsindex.org/f16.html#incompatible For Help With Understanding This Snare.

:taped:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

God, Lord, and God Almighty are titles and used by believers in many religions.

By doing a quick research, you'll find many names for Yahweh & Yeshua

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

We call Him God because -- because why?

Why do we call anything by what we call it? English is a derived language, so to find the roots, or the etymology, of a word, you have to do some research. I'm trying to find the explanation that would be the easiest read, but it's tricky to find a source that is neutral on the matter.

This one is probably as simple as any.

The Hebrew for "God" is "El," but interestingly this is not what they primarily called Him. More commonly we find YHWH or Adonai, among others (of course, you have to read The Complete Jewish Bible or the Hebrews Name Bible to see the actual Hebrew words given un-transliterated.

Hope that helps!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I was just sitting here and thinking -- probably because it's late and I'm sort of hyper from a small dose of delirium. The person I am growing to like spent a lot of time with me today and, well, that is neither here nor there.

Here's my question: What is God's name? We call Him God because -- because why? Does He have a formal name?

I don't expect an answer. I doubt that in all of human knowledge there is one. I'd like to hear some ideas, though. Any clues gathered from reading scripture and anything else.

And a quick other question, if you don't mind. What is a mason? And could you elaborate precisely. I'm curious after a discussion I had.

When Moses saked Him. Whom shall I say sent me? God said "Tell them the IAM sent you"

God has many names because He is all things to all men.