IGNORED

The seven seals

Isa

Opening of the seven seals  

20 members have voted

1. 1. do you think the seven seals are opened before the seven trumpets are played

• yes
    • no
    • maybe
    • indifferent

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Okay the one that brings in the seven yrs peace who is he?

Does it say the rider on the white horse brings peace?

So I believe the first seal brings peace with a hidden agenda by the Anti-Christ himself, and he gives power to the one that comes up out of the sea AKA the Beast.

Again, there is nothing in Rev. 6 to indicate that this is so.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

So I believe the first seal brings peace with a hidden agenda by the Anti-Christ himself, and he gives power to the one that comes up out of the sea AKA the Beast.

Okay lets look at it this way there is a person a political person who comes along shouting peace to Israel. Some of Israel agree not all yet they sign an agreement for 7yrs. He conquers without arrows to go with his bow because he is given the crown of authority. There is peace for three and a half years, but then that dirty old dragon plays his part of the game, he seduces this political man and says if you worship me I will give you all the kingdoms of the earth. Sound familar. This person says okay, then the dragon gives the beast the power and he sets himself up as God in the temple. Then in comes the False prophet and he helps to get people to worship the beast. All sacrifices are to cease and there is a war against God's chose ones, they will not bow down or receive the mark of the beast so they are put to death.

Well there's a start for you. What you need to do is read it over and over and over again and ask God to reveal to you what it is saying. He will and when it happens it is so wonderful and you just can't help ut share the gems that the Lord has shown you with everyone else.

I tell you read Zechariah chapters 12,13,14 together with and revelation chapters 16, 19 Revelation7:1-4, Acts 1:9-11, Revelation 1:7, Matthew 24:31, Matthew 19:28 there are many more verses that go with this but they are just a start for you. I get on this site because you can open the bible up on the screen before you. It as many versions you no doubt will find one that suites you. http://www.biblegateway.com/ I only use it for the bible verses but it does have other extras if you want to use it. I open up about ten different chapters at a time it's a great study tool.

Anyway I hope you get alot from this site as I do. God Bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

There should be no question about whether not the antichrist brings peace because the bible says that he will make a contract of peace for security with Isreal at the beginning of the seven years. Three and one half years later he will break his covenant with Isreal. Daniel 9:27 The one week in this veres is speaking of the last week of the seventy weeks spoken of in verse 24 of this chapter.

What the bible dosen't say is that this peace will be for the whole world and cetainly not for the believers in Christ.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You know, we are just going around in circles here.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, we are just going around in circles here.

I have one thing to add to this post. When Judas Iscariote was one of the disciples he was not called the son of perdition until Satan had entered him and he went of and sold the Lord for 30 pieces of silver. Just as the one who brings peace is not filled with Satan until it is time for him to cease the sacrifices and set himself up in the temple as God. They both became sons of perdition.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

From the RcV footnotes:

1) "And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and he who sits on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went forth conquering and to conquer." (Rev.6:2)

White signifies clean, pure, just, and approvable. The white horse is a symbol of the preaching of the gospel, which is clean, pure, just, and approvable in the eyes of both man and God. (cf. Rev. 19:11; 14; Zech. 1:8; 6:3)

The first four seals consist of four horses with their riders, as in a four-horse race. The four riders are not persons but personified things. It is evident that the rider of the second horse, the red horse, is war (v. 4), that the rider of the third horse, the black horse, is famine (v. 5), and that the rider of the fourth horse, the pale horse, is death (v. 8). According to historical facts, the rider of the first horse, the white horse, must be the gospel, not Christ or Antichrist as some interpret. Immediately after Christ's ascension, these four things

From the RcV footnotes:

1) "And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and he who sits on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went forth conquering and to conquer." (Rev.6:2)

Satan is also parades around as an angel of light and he is bringing a false peace with him.

2 Corinthians 11:14

And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

This rider is not the Lord, and it is not the gospel message because it does not bring false peace to its believers or a false hope. The rider of the white horse goes out to conquer the nations. He is able to do this with a covenant of peace, this peace that he brings will only last for 3 1/2 yrs and then he will break the covenant. Then enters the second horse who takes peace from the earth.

Daniel 9:27

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;

But in the middle of the week

He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,

Even until the consummation, which is determined,

Is poured out on the desolate.

Isa.

Is it necessary for you to prove your point through the employment of demeaning language?

The only differences between the source that I cited (You will note above that I cited an off-site reference, that is it not my work) and your interpretation is that of the rider of the white horse (Please also note your mistake above where you confused the black horse with the red: "The rider of this red horse brings world wide famine.")

You noted in your response above that the rider of the white horse has a bow but no arrow. In fact, the RcV footnotes do the same:

"A bow with an arrow is for fighting.
But here there is a bow without an arrow
. This indicates that the arrow has already been shot to destroy the enemy and that the victory has been won for the constituting of the gospel of peace. Now the fighting is over, and the gospel of peace is being proclaimed in a peaceful way."

Here are some other footnotes with biblical references from verse 2 to consider:

a crown: A crown is a sign of glory. The gospel has been crowned with the glory of Christ (2 Cor. 4:4) (cf. Rev. 14:14; 19:12)

conquering and to conquer: Or, overcoming and to overcome. Throughout all the centuries, wherever the gospel has been proclaimed, it has conquered and overcome all kinds of opposition and attack. (cf. 2 Cor. 2:14;)

That this is the gospel which "went forth" is evidenced also in the following verses of Scripture: Matt. 24:14; Luke 24:47; Acts 1:8; Rom. 10:18; 15:19-21

Your argument is basically that the rider of the white horse must be Satan because he "can transform himself into an angel of light" in order to deceive the nations. This is essentially a weak argument for two reasons: 1) You are using a single Scripture to assert the position rather than relying upon an abundance of Scriptural evidence, 2) It is the Lamb of God, Christ, that opens each seal. If we must believe that the rider of the white horse is Anti-Christ, then we must believe that it is Christ who released him upon the earth. Therefore Christ would be responsible for the creation of Anti-Christ.

In fact, the occurrences of seven seals must be progressive. They must come in stages. If you examine these verses thoroughly through the types, you can see that the first four seals actually signify the four living creatures (Which are themselves representative of the living creatures upon the earth - from creation (Rev. 4:7); The lion representing the beasts, the calf representing the cattle; the one with the face of a man representing man, and the eagle representing the fowl of the air. There are six categories of God's creation, according to Genesis 1:20-28. Of those six only four are represented by the four living creatures. The only two left are the creeping things, which is represented by Satan himself, and the living things in the water, which have no place in the waters of judgment before God's throne. (Click to read more) ).

All of the seals were opened by Christ in His ascension (As indicated in Rev. 5:6: "...having just been slain..."), yet only the occurrences of the first five seals have already taken place. (The fifth seal represents the martyrdom of the saints which took place in the Old and New Testament eras, and is continually occurring on the earth.) The sixth and seventh seals respectively will take place before and during the great tribulation. (Read more Here )

So in answer to the original question, yes, the trumpets are played after the seals are opened. All of the seals were opened by Christ in His ascension. The horses have already gone out. The saints are still being martyred. And God's judgments (the last two seals) will be executed upon the earth in response to the cries of the martyred saints.

Isa.

Is it necessary for you to prove your point through the employment of demeaning language?

The only differences between the source that I cited (You will note above that I cited an off-site reference, that is it not my work) and your interpretation is that of the rider of the white horse (Please also note your mistake above where you confused the black horse with the red: "The rider of this red horse brings world wide famine.")

Revelation 6:3

Second Seal: Conflict on Earth

3 When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying,

Edited by Isa

The Lamb in Rev.5:6 has "just been slain," indicating that Christ had just been slain.

In any case we can disagree on the matter of using extra-Biblical helps. I find them extremely helpful in deciphering the many signs of Revelation. I would venture to guess that most, if not all, believers who have ventured beyond chapter 1 of this final book, have used extra-Biblical sources to arrive at their convicted conclusions. :thumbsup:

Notwithstanding that, however, please consider Matthew henry's Commentary regarding the first horse and rider:

Here, 1. Christ, the Lamb, opens the first seal; he now enters upon the great work of opening and accomplishing the purposes of God towards the church and the world. 2. One of the ministers of the church calls upon the apostle, with a voice like thunder, to come near, and observe what then appeared. 3. We have the vision itself, v. 2. (1.) The Lord Jesus appears riding on a white horse. White horses are generally refused in war, because they make the rider a mark for the enemy; but our Lord Redeemer was sure of the victory and a glorious triumph, and he rides on the white horse of a pure but despised gospel, with great swiftness through the world. (2.) He had a bow in his hand. The convictions impressed by the word of God are sharp arrows, they reach at a distance; and, though the ministers of the word draw the bow at a venture, God can and will direct it to the joints of the harness. This bow, in the hand of Christ, abides in strength, and, like that of Jonathan, never returns empty. (3.) A crown was given him, importing that all who receive the gospel must receive Christ as a king, and must be his loyal and obedient subjects; he will be glorified in the success of the gospel. When Christ was going to war, one would think a helmet had been more proper than a crown; but a crown is given him as the earnest and emblem of victory. (4.) He went forth conquering, and to conquer. As long as the church continues militant Christ will be conquering; when he has conquered his enemies in one age he meets with new ones in another age; men go on opposing, and Christ goes on conquering, and his former victories are pledges of future victories. He conquers his enemies in his people; their sins are their enemies and his enemies; when Christ comes with power into their soul he begins to conquer these enemies, and he goes on conquering, in the progressive work of sanctification, till he has gained us a complete victory. And he conquers his enemies in the world, wicked men, some by bringing them to his foot, others by making them his footstool. Observe, From this seal opened, [1.] The successful progress of the gospel of Christ in the world is a glorious sight, worth beholding, the most pleasant and welcome sight that a good man can see in this world. [2.] Whatever convulsions and revolutions happen in the states and kingdoms of the world, the kingdom of Christ shall be established and enlarged in spite of all opposition. [3.] A morning of opportunity usually goes before a night of calamity; the gospel is preached before the plagues are poured forth. [4.] Christ