IGNORED

The Great Whore of the Revelation (chp 18)

kittylover0991

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

:P OK, we're beat ing each other up enough over the ID of the whore in Rev. 18.

Let's not make it worse by throwing in "who is the Beast" into the mix, OK?

Perhaps Revelation 18 whore is political/material/Mammon USA and the apostate "Christless Christianity"/"Practicing atheism" that seems to be more and more active{2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away} would be the USA Revelation 13:11 "religious" part.

Two horns like a lamb-antichrist [both in place of Christ and opposing Christ]. Speaking like a dragon-Military Industrial complex.

The false prophet-Revelation 13:11-is integral to Revelation 17-18, correct?

Your :mgfrog: emoticon-don't think that was appropriate.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
The Physical description was ancient Rome. The spirit of her thrives yet today. If you keep trying to pin this on some city, or organisation, you will miss the whole point. Do not get caught up in the Whore, She exist in a very real sense right where you are at. She is in America, Canada, Australia, Europe, Middle East, etc. She is Greed, Power, Lust, Pride and she can dominate societies, Governments, organisations, and people. Do not lie with her or you will be caught up in her as well. So "to come out of her" is not a call to leave a country, or to leave a church. It is a call to you an a very personal level.

Excellent remarks. I agree.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Since there is so much speculation on rome and roman paganism, I though some people might enjoy a virtual tour of the place and see some of it for themselves...

Virtual Tour of Rome

Iwent to the virtual tour site but I did not find anything about the paganism that went on in Rome during the early church. It is however a matter of historical record that when the Roman military defeated a city or a country it adopted their pagan god's, rituals, and worship and carried them back to Rome to become part of all of the rest of the paganism in Rome. No speculation about that. History is History.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I am inclined to agree with KD. I dont think you can pin point the whore in any geographical country or city. Every where you find satan you will find the whore. They are inseperable.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Since there is so much speculation on rome and roman paganism, I though some people might enjoy a virtual tour of the place and see some of it for themselves...

Virtual Tour of Rome

Iwent to the virtual tour site but I did not find anything about the paganism that went on in Rome during the early church. It is however a matter of historical record that when the Roman military defeated a city or a country it adopted their pagan god's, rituals, and worship and carried them back to Rome to become part of all of the rest of the paganism in Rome. No speculation about that. History is History.

Hmm...That's interesting, because there are still many religious relics from the worship of various pagan god's there with a lot of interesting history behind them, so I don't know if you are aware of that. I thought it would be interesting to put up the virtual tour to see some of them which are kept in the modern day city of rome. The website does not have much to say about the historical backgrounds behind many of them, though. If anyone was interested in learning more about it, they would have to do some further research from other sources.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

I am inclined to agree with KD. I dont think you can pin point the whore in any geographical country or city. Every where you find satan you will find the whore. They are inseperable.

Revelation 17:18 - "The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.

Yes the city is Rome and where does the false prophet come from Rome Scarlet woman (city)Scarlet Beast (Prophet). Quite interesting if you ask me. I believe you can pin point the city and where the false prophet comes from.

Daniel 9:26

Well if you want to believe that, fine, but I'm not convinced. Never will be I suppose. The only thing we do know is that the whore gets what is coming to her.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Virtual Tour of Rome

Hmm...That's interesting, because there are still many religious relics from the worship of various pagan god's there with a lot of interesting history behind them, so I don't know if you are aware of that. I thought it would be interesting to put up the virtual tour to see some of them which are kept in the modern day city of rome. The website does not have much to say about the historical backgrounds behind many of them, though. If anyone was interested in learning more about it, they would have to do some further research from other sources.

I think what you meant went over my head. No, the website does not contain very informative historical information. Is just a modern day virtual tour of rome and some of the antiquities of the pagan gods. I have heard of the assertion made that the roman empire adopted the god's of their conquests to their pantheon of gods and that is what some understand to be root of the RCC.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

Revelation 17:18 - "The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.

Yes the city is Rome and where does the false prophet come from Rome Scarlet woman (city)Scarlet Beast (Prophet). Quite interesting if you ask me. I believe you can pin point the city and where the false prophet comes from.

Daniel 9:26

From Rufus,

It couldn't have been. The Roman Catholic church, as such, was at least another two hundred years into the future; John and his readers would not have had a clue. On the other hand, John's readers understood immediately that the whore was a metaphor for the Roman empire of their own day.

Would you mind clarifying that statement. Which of John's readers would not have had a clue, and which of John's readers understood immediately that the whore is a metaphore? sorry, but I am at a loss to what you mean.