IGNORED

The Great Whore of the Revelation (chp 18)

kittylover0991

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Dear Rufus of Cyrene,

What have you learned from it? From your perspective, what else do you get from reading the revelation of the Word of God? Did it bring you face to face with the Lord?

Dear Sister,

There is no question in anyone's mind that Revelation can be a difficult book to read and understand, if we let it be. My understanding, at this point, is that there is a timeless message for all of God's people, namely that we are to maintain our integrity and our faith as Christians even when things get so bad it would be easier to assume that God has abandoned us.

Dear Rufus of Cyrene,

Yes, there are many things difficult to read and undertsand, but are you humbly and prayerfully seeking His face while you read it? Are you asking God to show you Himself and in your minds eye could you see the glory and in your heart can you feel the power of the coming of the Lord in the revelations of God's Word? Is God calling or talking to you? Listen for it...

God Bless :P

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Granted, it's not the popular view, but then again, I'm not supposed to be popular, I'm supposed to be right. :P

Please tell me you spoke this tongue-in-cheek!

Dear Rufus of Cyrene,

What have you learned from it? From your perspective, what else do you get from reading the revelation of the Word of God? Did it bring you face to face with the Lord?

Dear Sister,

There is no question in anyone's mind that Revelation can be a difficult book to read and understand, if we let it be. My understanding, at this point, is that there is a timeless message for all of God's people, namely that we are to maintain our integrity and our faith as Christians even when things get so bad it would be easier to assume that God has abandoned us.

Dear Rufus of Cyrene,

Yes, there are many things difficult to read and undertsand, but are you humbly and prayerfully seeking His face while you read it? Are you asking God to show you Himself and in your minds eye could you see the glory and in your heart can you feel the power of the coming of the Lord in the revelations of God's Word? Is God calling or talking to you? Listen for it...

God Bless :P

Absolutely.

Dear Rufus of Cyrene,

Good, I really do hope so. Then you must know He wrote it to us, too and His Word is still being fulfilled, so don't seal up the revelations yet.

God Bless :emot-hug:

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

:)

Granted, it's not the popular view, but then again, I'm not supposed to be popular, I'm supposed to be right. :P

:emot-hug::24::)

Amen!

Right Or Wrong

God's Word Trumps All

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18

Checking It Once

And Checking It Twice

Once

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

2 Peter 3:3-11

Twice

My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Isaiah 51:5-6

Even Thrice

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Revelation 21:1

This Old Earth Is Going, Going, Gone When The LORD Jesus Christ Sits On The Throne

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Revelation 20:11

Need A Friend? See Jesus And Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

A-ha Rufus, do I detect a little doubt creeping into your assumption that the whore of revelaion is Rome, ancient or modern. Rome today, is not much more than an ancient tourist attraction. The Vatican, commands more wealth and power and probably more whoredom than Rome. The scarlet lady of Revelation is futuristc not preteristic. may just as well be Riyadh, or Cairo as Rome.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

A-ha Rufus, do I detect a little doubt creeping into your assumption that the whore of revelaion is Rome, ancient or modern. Rome today, is not much more than an ancient tourist attraction. The Vatican, commands more wealth and power and probably more whoredom than Rome. The scarlet lady of Revelation is futuristc not preteristic. may just as well be Riyadh, or Cairo as Rome.

No doubt at all. However, being a serious Bible student and maintaining a sense of humor are not mutually exclusive tasks. Start with the idea that John's original readers would have had no trouble understanding what he wrote. That's the anchor point. According to the Wycliffe commentary, the idea that the great whore represents the Catholic church has only been around since the reformation and was popularized by Luther, Tyndale, Knox and Calvin. Those four had an agenda, which makes that interpretation suspicious.

Am I wrong thinking that the truth about prophecy becomes known when God wants it to be know? Are we not still looking through a glass darkly? For what I have been told, some prophecies will be confusing until it is time to be understood, then it becomes clear. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Am I wrong thinking that the truth about prophecy becomes known when God wants it to be know? Are we not still looking through a glass darkly? For what I have been told, some prophecies will be confusing until it is time to be understood, then it becomes clear. :thumbsup:

That's what I believe.

Dear Rufus of Cyrene,

Dear Sister,

Dear Rufus of Cyrene,

God Bless :thumbsup:

Absolutely.

Dear Rufus of Cyrene,

Good, I really do hope so. Then you must know He wrote it to us, too and His Word is still being fulfilled, so don't seal up the revelations yet.

God Bless :wub:

Rest assured, I haven't. Still studying. :noidea:

Dear Rufus of Cyrene,

If all my life I stand by all the things I understood in error to be truth, I will never realize Him. All those questions I asked of you, I must prayerfully ask of myself when I am studying. I stand by what has been revealed to me and that is...'He wrote it to us, too and His Word is still being fulfilled, so don't seal up the revelations yet.'...Listen for it...in His Spirit and Truth...Do not seal up the revelations yet...He will interpret us all according to His standards until all these things be fulfilled.

Rev 22:10 And he *said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.

Rev 22:11 "Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy."

Rev 22:12 "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

Rev 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

Rev 22:15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

Rev 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."

Rev 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

Rev 22:18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

Rev 22:19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

Rev 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Rev 22:21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

May God Bless :blink::taped::taped:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/07/1988

Can it be that the whore of revelation is everythiong other thsan the Christian church?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

No doubt at all. However, being a serious Bible student and maintaining a sense of humor are not mutually exclusive tasks. Start with the idea that John's original readers would have had no trouble understanding what he wrote. That's the anchor point. According to the Wycliffe commentary, the idea that the great whore represents the Catholic church has only been around since the reformation and was popularized by Luther, Tyndale, Knox and Calvin. Those four had an agenda, which makes that interpretation suspicious.

Am I wrong thinking that the truth about prophecy becomes known when God wants it to be know? Are we not still looking through a glass darkly? For what I have been told, some prophecies will be confusing until it is time to be understood, then it becomes clear. :emot-hug:

With respect, and in the spirit of honest inquiry, says who?

Well, I'm not good with prophetic books, but I got the last part from Daniel 12:9, but then again, God could of meant just the Book of Daniel for Daniel himself. Seeing through a glass darkly, or in a mirror dimly, was from 1 Corinthians 13:12, but it could be just about the person, not all understanding. I have not dug into the prophetic books because I have nobody that I know who really understand them, so I've decided not to go with the "I think this means" type of teaching. I'm still getting my feet wet here.

OneLight