• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Let me share with you a memory out of my past--it's not a pretty one, but it has stuck with me for most of my life.

I was 13. I have 2 sisters. I was getting ready to go to a stage performance (I was acting) and I had put on my stage makeup. Mind you, I didn't know how to put it on correctly. I walked out into the living room, and my father took one look at me, told me I looked like a whore, and made my mother go take it off of me.

To this day, I very rarely wear makeup. I still hear my father telling me I look like a prostitute when I put makeup on.

So there's the extreme. This girl just might be acting out because of the abuse, and trying to get attention. Perhaps, as an auntie, you should take the parents aside and ask them if she's getting help because of the abuse.

Just my five cents---inflation, ya know.

Anita

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I have two daughters (the oldest is my step-daughter and my youngest is 17). The oldest daughter wears makeup and has since she was quite young. Or I should say that she wore makeup when with her mother, but not in front of her father until she was a bit older. She is very pretty without the makeup. She is now 27 and wears a horrible amount of makeup. Now my 17 year old has never wanted to wear makeup. She saw how ugly her sister was with the makeup on. But I do encourage my younger one now to wear makeup to enhance her looks not to change her looks. She doesn't wear it, though, and that's OK.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/23/1995

I'm 12 and Thank God I don't wear make-up! I don't see why people use make-up. I mean there is nothing wrong with it at all, but I know five year olds that use it!

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

high grace222

i am on my brake from my new job as a foster carer our carpets in the star house are getting steam cleanned so we are out of the star house for a while

affter reading what you said and having gone over what sevral posters said to you their is nothing you can do as a person as you do not want to destroy the friend ship you have with her mother or push her away from you as one day she might need you and wil call on you so keep that friendship open grace just be their for her

i know it hurts yet the way the world is know teenagers wil do what their friends are doing grace when you grew up it was diffrent when i was growing up it was diffrent as i was bought up to respect my elders kids today wil always do what their friends are doing

for example grace wear i use to live in this country town bemboka which is not far from cooma their was a 12yr old girl chatting up older males for treats like if you got her alcahol or cigarets or dope she would do things for you i wil keep it to this as i feel those that read what i say wil understand on the 4th day as i settled in my new unit in bemboka i got to know her mother as and worked things out for my self her mother also sleeps with the men in the town single mother of 4 kids two girls and two boy the youngest one is know behaving like the youngest daughter and her mother

this girl looked like 19 but her body was of a 12yr old she tried this with me yet i pulled her aside and said please do not try this with me i am not like these guys in this town i wil be a friend and i wil be hear for you if you need me i could not tell the guys that wear taking advantage of her to back off as its a red kneck town wear most wear use to this which took some getting use to living in bemboka the cop even knew what she was like but did not do a thing

though before i left one 45 yr old was bragging and i sort of sorted him out and i think from what i have been told he has left her alone

wear i live know grace 10 to `17yr olds are trying this know in this comunity we have sevral young mothers grace one is only 13yrs old

this is why i am telling you grace their is nothing you can do yet one poster said if you can talk to the father or mother i would go for it and share your concerns with the parents but this wil not stop a 12yr old girl from wanting to do the same things as her friends are doing

i see this in the line of work i am doing know grace and i also have done over 4yrs of voluntry out reach work with in this comunity and know what our troubled youth get up to when they are away from their parents

you can say do this if you feel she is going to place her self in danger contac department of comunity service and ask to speak to a case maneger yet with docs letting so many people down and familys and youngsters i would pull back they wil take your details down but it could take over 2months before a contac is made

i have to work close with docs and the police with the young people we have in the star house i am working in know for life with out barriers as docs is going to pas all its cases on to us the kids that get dumped on their door step wear parents no longer want them end up in our care grace

she wil need counsling so i would probably talk with parents first grace if nothing works and they do not listen then contac docs and tell them your concerns but as i said they wil not contac her parents for around 2months

you can if you have a good friendship with her say bring up what it was like for you with out her thinking you are trying to tell her what to do then explaine the dangers you wear told as a youngster about older men and younger males and also about what you wear

does she wear things other girls wear like short skirts lose tops ? this would worry me as it could create a problem for her to wear she wil end up being raped kathlic schools grace are not that crash hot we have two boarding schools hear grace and a big cathlic shcool and these girls are just as active as the ones i know in armidale high school

i have given you sevral things to think about as i am comming from a proffesional side hear and how we tackle things on our side when we get youngsters like this placed into our care before they get fosterd out into a family

god bless and good luck from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Men usually do like the natural look. The old saying is, "women dress for other women", makeup etc and I do agree somewhat.

You are correct, as far as this man is concerned. Yet, I was shocked to hear a preacher on the radio today say that if a bard door needs painting, paint it. It was more of an insult to the beauty that God gave women then anything else. I believe that if people were made to wear makeup, we all would be wearing it ... funny, me with makeup .... :cool:

OneLight

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I'm 12 and Thank God I don't wear make-up! I don't see why people use make-up. snip ...

:emot-hug: :emot-hug: :emot-hug::cool:

my kids were allowed to wear makeup ONLY when they entered high school. although i have no doubt they were wearing it sooner and scrubbing their faces before getting home.

ashlea still wears makeup and can't stand being seen without any on. she's 20. rana, though, rarely bothers with makeup, and in fact, hasn't for years, except for special occasions.

• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

My husband and I have not been blessed with children so I am pretty much out-of-touch with

everything that concerns children.

I saw my 12 year old neice recently. She is quite tall for her age - approximately 5ft8.

She wears make-up - eye shadow, lipstick, nail polish and has her eyebrows waxed.

She looks about 18 years of age.

As an auntie, I feel as though I don't have much of a say but am concerned.

Her mother, my Sister-in-law is a christian(but not practicing) but she attends a good

Catholic school in the area.

She also wears tiny shorts and I notice that a lot of men look at her(mainly relatives)

As a five year old child, she was sexually abused by her half-brother who was 12 at the time.

I'm not sure what impact this has had upon her but I know she is very concious of her appearance.

Apart from that, she is a well-spoken child, polite and intelligent

Should I be concerned, or is it a case of, well,she's just growing up and that's what young

girls do now?

From a totally outside perspective, I would say that the first thing to realize is that, as you say, you don't have much say in the matter......so the best thing that you could do is pray regularly for her.

I don't think it's necessarily wrong or bad for pre-teen girls to wear make up and 'dress up'....as long as they are not, say, about 7 or 8 years of age. It's just a part of growing up.

Girls...at least within my living memory......have always tended to try on their mother's shoes, put on a bit of their mother's make-up, etc........just like boys play with toy guns from a young age.

There is one aspect of what you said though, that would cause me some concern.

The fact that you said she was abused.

I think that this probably could have instilled in her the thought that maybe the only way to get attention would be to exhibit her sexuality.

Especially since it is the trend these days to pressure young girls to 'grow up' sexually and wear ever more revealing clothing......mainly the fault of the media, as well as peer-pressure, and also the fact that kids are more assertive these days.

Still, there's not much that you can do about it, except talk to her, and pray. :emot-highfive:

if it's ok with her mother, then perhaps we should pray for the mom. rw :emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Men usually do like the natural look. The old saying is, "women dress for other women", makeup etc and I do agree somewhat.

You are correct, as far as this man is concerned. Yet, I was shocked to hear a preacher on the radio today say that if a bard door needs painting, paint it. It was more of an insult to the beauty that God gave women then anything else. I believe that if people were made to wear makeup, we all would be wearing it ... funny, me with makeup .... :)

OneLight

damo1 to one light

brother you said something that bought back a memory for me at fairfiled youth refuge in 1985 we wear invited to a party that was run by the church of christ one of the youth workers was part of the youth group we did not have religon preached at us it was more of a party for the youth to get to see what its like for people like my self who are not wanted by their partents as these kids wear spoilt and the youth pastor wanted to bring them down to earth a bit so he had a talk with the youth workers to see if this can be done wear these kids see what its like by talking to us youth so it was agreed in the staff meeting which was held with us as they did not want to force us to go to this but said this would also be help ful for us as well

well me and another resident decided to dress up as women i was very young brother and very out their and wild and i was told that i almost could get away with it and was told to play on it as i had long hair and a clean shaved face

one of the female youth workers lent me her dress and a wig and did the make up on me and then it was my friends turn as we wear the only clowns willing to dress as women we wear smashed though of our faces they took sevral photos and no i have not got an origonal as the youth refuge wil not give this away to no one they keep hold of their photos they take

so when you said imajine you in make up brother i would not like to imagine what you would look like in make up :24::24::24:

sorry grace i did not want to high jack your topic but one light cracked me up

god bless from damo

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I'm a little bit biased here, because frankly, I do not like make-up. On any woman, I think that it is terrible that women feel they need to cover up the face God gave them. But even assuming I did like make-up, 12 years old is far too young! A 12-year old girl should not have men looking at her.

I suggest you pray that she does not become obsessed with her appearance, and realizes that in the long run, how you look really doesn't matter.