IGNORED

Should Christians celebrate their birthdays?

Lucius Julius

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,856
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Besides, how can you get presents unless you celebrate your birthday????? :emot-questioned:

OK, I'm convinced!

You succeeded in changing my mind, Marnie :emot-questioned:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I think most women over forty would give you a resounding "NO"! It's not about being unbibical....it's about making a woman nuts celebrating a birthday she would rather forget. Of course the alternative to a birthday is not so attractive either. :noidea:

Shalom Glory,

HA!! Actually, I turned 51 a few days ago and I love being this age!! Even with my gray hair and wrinkles! Every day G-d gives me is a gift and I rejoice on my birthdays and hope and pray to have many more!

Oh, I'm sure you're still attractive, Vickilynn. Attractiveness shines out from the soul and is impervious to time. :laugh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Why is it that some Christians constantly compare us to and measuring us up against the pagans? "Well if they celebrated birthdays, we can't." "If they ate fruit, we can't" "If they had their ears peirced, we can't."

Our measure of how we live our lives is not the pagans - it's the Bible!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813

This article makes the brilliant assumption that because we don't hear of any birthday celebrations in the NT, there obviously were none, and that it's offensive to God. :39:

This article doesn't mention the fact that there were no baby showers either. Can someone please dig up an article that states that baby showers are pagan in custom too! :39: I'll bet there is one out there floating around! We probably shouldn't have baby showers.

Let me assert that it offended God, he would have mentioned it at least once in the Bible.

Why are some people intent on looking for evil around every corner? An evil intent, an evil origin, an evil something-er-other? A reason NOT to celebrate. A reason NOT to be thankful. A reason to cast judgemental eyes? A reason to discourage? A reason to cast doubt and anxiety upon an otherwise joyful occasion?

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,891
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  229
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

* hands sweetycakes a HUGE tub of poly filler for a belated birthday present *....just to help fill in the wrinkles till the cement lorry arrives :39::39::laugh:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997

I think most women over forty would give you a resounding "NO"! It's not about being unbibical....it's about making a woman nuts celebrating a birthday she would rather forget. Of course the alternative to a birthday is not so attractive either. :thumbsup:

Shalom Glory,

HA!! Actually, I turned 51 a few days ago and I love being this age!! Even with my gray hair and wrinkles! Every day G-d gives me is a gift and I rejoice on my birthdays and hope and pray to have many more!

Oh, I'm sure you're still attractive, Vickilynn. Attractiveness shines out from the soul and is impervious to time. :laugh:

Shalom Glory,

OH MY GOODNESS! You made me cry! What a beautiful sentiment. Thank you dear, you've blessed me!! (And very timely to read this morning since I had my picture taken for my new book and I sure seem A LOT older than the last picture for my last book! I was saying "WOW, I really look old!" and then I read your words. G-d bless you for your sweet response. It made my year!! :wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If a birthday party causes my brother to stumble, then I will celebrate no more birthdays.

Economically, though, aren't birthdays just another reason to pick a man's pocket? (That's the Scrooge in me talking.)

Guest Biblicist
Why is it that some Christians constantly compare us to and measuring us up against the pagans? "Well if they celebrated birthdays, we can't." "If they ate fruit, we can't" "If they had their ears peirced, we can't."

Our measure of how we live our lives is not the pagans - it's the Bible!

I like that artsylady, well said! :thumbsup:

If a birthday party causes my brother to stumble, then I will celebrate no more birthdays.

Economically, though, aren't birthdays just another reason to pick a man's pocket? (That's the Scrooge in me talking.)

:whistling::thumbsup::24:

Could Just Be The Scot Huh!

:)

Birthdays Are Important To Wee Folk And To Their Mothers So They Are Important To Dads.

And Birthdays Are Big In Heaven

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Luke 15:7-10

Birthdays

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:5-6

Are God's Business

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:16-18

And Our Joy

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
Psalms 126:5-6

Merry Christmas

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe