• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/03/1986

We've all seen it I'm sure, through certain pastors like Benny Hinn among many. People falling over like bowling pins. But is this truly a activity of the Holy Spirit? Or is it a new form of deception within the Church? I believe this one is very easy to discern withought even having to go too far into scripture.

The first thing you would want to do is find all the places in scripture that deal with someone falling backwards as is seen today. Here are some verses commonly used:

Jesus said to them, "I am He." And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them. Then when He said to them. "I am He," - they drew back and fell to the ground." (John 18:6)

"And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid." But Jesus came and touched them and said, "Arise, and do not be afraid." (Matthew 17:6)

"So I arose and went out into the plain, and behold, the glory of the Lord stood there, like the glory which I saw by the River Chebar; and I fell on my face." (Ezekiel 3:23)

"Then the Lord opened Balaam

Edited by matthew4:4

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

May I ask what you believe the Holy Spirit's ministry is? This will enlighten me as to what you think He is not, and also form a foundation on which you stand.

I, for one, do not believe everything people tell me. By the way, this has been around for many years. It is not new.

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

hay matthew 4. 4

i am going to ask you straight up as i can find this very topic on this forum and i will show you were one person decided to sit in on judgment on those that do belive in 1 corinthians 14 and using the gifts that paul preached about to the corinthians

if you are hear to judge us that do belive in gods living word and are in spirit filled bible beliving churches i hope you are also ready to be questioned as this is a public forum with people from ,many diffrent denominations my partner is like me very apostolic that means i speak in tongues when people come down the front in our church for prayer we belive in laying on off hands and alowing the holy spirit to have his way

also i can say this to you jesus is lord over the body of christ not me or you or mans doctrine we do not belive in placing god and the holy spirit in a box to were man tells you from the pulpit to do it his way i am also grounded in gods word and i was once very negative to this but i am very open as i had to repent

religon has been dealt with in our church if you are hear like poor in spirit was hear judging us that take heed to the warnings based in gods living word and if you are hear to state that the kings james bible is the only bible

i would ask that you respect your other brothers and sisters and try to walk in unity as this wil benifit you

my partner is a pastor in the phillippines and i am involved in an apostolic church in Australia

i belive jesus is lord over my life and i belive with all my heart what the bible has to say

if this is your own doctrine i would ask that you give up know or you will find your self being challanged

i hope i have made my self very clear hear

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well I believe with God, all things are possible, but when someone can provide scripture from the bible where people are slain in the spirit as in some denominational churches, then I will believe it. If some of the churches didn't have catchers standing behind people when they fell over backwards, there would be a few neck head and back injuries., I would imagine.............Sorry but I am a strong doubter.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I'm with you eric! :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I must, in all honesty, say that I have been pushed and I have have been overwhelmed by the Spirit of God. I have stood in prayer when a Pastor tried to push me backwards, so I can truly attest that there are false teachings on this subject. I can also tell you that I have been prayed for, without being pushed in any manner, but with gentle laying on of the hands, when I became very week and I had to grab onto someone so I would not fall down. Do I have scripture. No.

OneLight

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I maintain that the "slain in the Spirit" phenomenon is mostly an emotional or a kind of "psycho-emotional" reaction to the environmental stimulation of the emotions. If you notice on the televised "crusades" in which this phenomenon takes place it is usually preceded by some sort of coordinated stimulation of the emotions: High volume and overly-emotional preaching which appeals to the emotions of individuals, "special effects lighting" coupled with long-drawn out and slow praise music, and even a preacher encouraging listeners to give themselves completely over to the mood which is set by the atmosphere.

It has been well established and known for many, many years that manipulation of the environment can evoke certain reactions from people. Everything from simple colors which can make a person feel hungry, anxious or afraid, to high or low volumes, smells and lighting, all have been used for decades to coerce people into doing things they normally wouldn't do or say. There's a reason that television commercials, for example, are typically louder and brighter than the shows. There's a reason that most fast food restaurants use a lot of bright colors in their establishments and on their packaging.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to matthew4.4

also i have seen were satan can rob people blind were if god wants to bless a person or heal a person i call this a demonic demon that comes in and toys with our minds if one has had a bad experiance were their prayers have not been answerd or were they have not been heald this automaticly puts up a wall around that person and then the person will have a hatred towards those that do belive as i said walking in the gifts of the spirit as the apostle paul talks about in 1 corinthians 14

one thing my church does not do is force this on any one as its up to the holy spirit to do this not my pastor not my leaders or those in the prayer team and the catchers that stand behind when a person is being prayed for

i to have had this happen to me and were i have stood my ground the pastor and the leaders saw i was a man who was hear to have an encounter with god not with mans doctrine

when i did come around i asked god to show me that this is off him as if i was to belive in gods word and were i was to also share this gospel i wanted to make sure it was not a religiouse spirit or a demonic spirit stopping me from being blessed as god only gives good things to his children he does not tend to harm us or lead us down a wrong path

i found one of your posts and you said you belive how much do you belive in gods word did god direct you to the right person was this person who you are meant to settle down with ?

as i was going to respond to your topic but other peopl have done this

i do not need to give you scripture passages to prove my point as i said we do not force things on people we allow the holy spirit him self to do this as its only the holy spirit that can convict a person and when god wants to bless some one or set some one free and they experiance this freedom from with in how is it wrong should all pastors listen to those that have had bad experiances ? and should all pastors and leaders and those involved in the prayer ministry and catchers sit on the behinds because sevral people are saying we are allowing our selves to be attacked by demonic demons ?

if you have any bittner ness in you i ask that you do not take out your bittness on me i am a fellow brother in the lord just like you i was a sinner but it is by the grace of god that i am able to share what he has done in my life

if i stayed negative and if i held on to the bad things that i had experianced i would honestly be better of living the life i was use to as at least i can find sevral people and have a big self pity party were we sit in one big group and pull all the christians down that are open to the holy spirits leading and who alow the holy spirit to have full reign in their lives

i hope you can see what i am saying hear matthew4.4

i wil even walk in unity with my other brothers ans sisters that do not see things the way i do as i do not have that right to sit on my high horse and judge this is not who i am i do not even force my views on know one but i will stand up for what i belive in and i will not alow an unstable person to tell me to give this nonsence up or prove it from gods word

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

I cannot find Scripture for it, but I believe with G-d all things are possible. The Holy Spirit can do what He desires and sometimes, the presence of the Holy Spirit is so strong, our bodies become overwhelmed.

My personal experience is seeing and experiencing being pushed over and over and sometimes allowing myself to go down (KNOWING) it was not G-d and other times refusing to be pushed down. I have never, ever been truly "Slain in the Spirit" as some describe, although I've always been open to it if it is G-d.

I don't doubt other's accounts of the experience, but I tend to believe like Ovedya that it is real, but it is an emotional response, not a Spirit-response. Of course, I cannot speak for anyone else's experience, only my own, so if it's real, I cannot say, I only know that I don't see it in Scripture and I have never experienced it.

Also, my husband and I were in a meeting of a very well-known, famous Evangelist, known for people being Slain in the Spirit by the hundreds in his meetings. During this meeting, he did get louder, people were vocal and then he waved he hand over the audience and they fell like bowling pins being knocked down It was interesting to watch. They just fell over as the evangelist's hand waved over them. I'm not saying what they experienced wasn't real.

However, I watched on gal in the middle of one of the lines of people falling over and she was the only one standing. (She obviously didn't get the cue) and we watched her look around as people on her left and right were flat on their backs. So, she sat down and then lay down on her back. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

I will only go to a church where the Holy spirit is welcome, this is not a crazy church, this type has order in it as well and respect. Where laying on of hands and people have faith (where the word is preached) and healing are manifest. I have experienced this and am not ashamed of myself for it, I know that God would bring me correction if it were wrong. I have only been blessed by God during prayer and never have I walked away demon possessed, I can assure you.

I will testify that the Holy Spirit is real and still at work today, I will not defend "slain in the spirit" and your definition of it. Neither will I react to the Holy Spirits presence any differently if you asked me to, I love the Lord and will walk in that freedom!

Blessings

candi770