thereaperman

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I'm guessing that almost everyone who has had a plan for their life has had to make adjustments and deal with at least some disappointment. Sometimes its major. In such cases it does not necessarily mean you are out of the will of the Lord either. Trials seem to be an important part of life. This life is a test in many ways! (Testing, Testing, Testing......) :oww:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Looks like everyone here is older :) ..

Well I'm not doing anything 'serious' yet just got back from travelling and working in Europe and trying to pay my way though University with odd jobs (Cashier, waitressing, etc.) My goal is to finish Uni and get a degree in Media Communications and maybe a minor in business. Then get into the film industry or something. Kinda leaving it open a bit. LOL what I REALLY want to be though is a Pro surfer.. But I've come to the conclusion it's only a dream ... And If all fails and I don't get into anything I originally thought I wanted to be - it's okay cause the Lord has a better plan.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

many hats here......

Baby sitting from age 12 on, lawn care from age 12 until graduating High school,

steak house and obtained head buss boy with in a month of my 16th birthday ( youngest person working there and newest employee ) , Library, then with Central Air Conditioning Co, in Wichita learning some sheet metal work, pipe fitting work and working hand in hand with those on the job sites, to include the Kansas Colosium, St. Joseph Hospital, K.U., and many other jobs. obtained my first "contract" at age 18..... sacked groceries for two months while waiting to depart for the service.....during my time in the service, had several part time jobs, some volunteer, some pay, Photographer, teaching Lapidaryand ceramics, working with NIS for a time, DJ for closed circuit radio and also for the club.... played in a jazz band for a time, then as people changed over became a polka band.....maintenance man and then assistant manager at the Masonic Lodge ..... my specialty was communications ( formally known as a Radioman ) which I learned how to not only operate the equipment, but also how to repair and maintain it ( working with the electronics techs.) for surface, sub, air and land, qualified aircrewmember, completed all requirements for surface warfare... qualified for flashing light, shore patrol, guard for Correctional custody ..... since then have worked have had a lawn care service, worked at a mushroom farm, taught school, and worked in a factory, and most recently, do not punch a time clock for anyone, for I am on the clock 24 / 7..... for the Lord...... I am self employed for a company that God owns.... I give God all the Glory.... this job entails reaching people, providing service to people, for Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, some Carpentry, and some appliances...... schooling, I currently carry over 200 credit hours, 60 of them obtained in one year maintaining a 4.0 and perfect attendance while working a full time job and getting my business started......

there is so much more to learn and so little time in this life to experience it all....

mike

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

what does eveyone do with thier life? what jobs and aspirations do you all have, and how do you know if your going to achieve them, and what happens when nothing goes to plan?

still lost and confused

I worked in my dad's service station pumping gas and fixing flats.

In junior high school we toured the local television station and I decided to be a tv director. It took some doing but managed to get hired on as soon as it was legal for me to work there.

I spent about ten years as a director or audio engineer (short stint in the air force 8 months during that time). It seemed unless I wanted to move to L.A., Chicago or New York City we would really not make enough to have the comforts of life I was used to from my days growing up. SSsoooooooooo, plans not working out I did the best I could think of. I hired an agency to find me the best job possible.

Praying about it surely helped a lot for:

32 years later I am still at Xerox Corp working on large high speed printing systems. (the kind of things that print your bank statements and credit card statements) Most of the machines I work on produce 3 prints a second and run millions of prints a month.

I think the best thing to do when long term plans go wrong is to take it to God and ask Him to get involved in the decision making.

The television career was a lot more exciting work, but working in hundreds of different offices gave me the opertunity to meet and get to know and share with many hunreds of people over the past 30+ years.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Too many jobs/careers to list in my past, but I currently enjoy annoying higher ranking people in the NC National Guard and work as a helicopter mechanic.

Peace in Him,

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Hi,

I'm a sales rep for a company call BC Furniture Group, Inc. We manufacture wood tables and plastic chairs. You know the kind you rent for parties. I've been with them for a year this april. Before that I did the same thing for a company call Compact International. I plan on opening my own business doing the same thing only I'm going to do it off the internet from the comfort of my own home. (Being my own boss.... :wub: ) I know that I'm taken a big chance being my own boss. No more paycheck no matter how business is doing. That's scary, but thats where my faith kicks in. I've put the whole thing in Jesus hands.

God Bless You

Jacqueline