Could my cousin be under denomic influence

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have a 34 year old cousin who has some mental problems.

He tends to hang out with my husband and I because we don't have any children. I am 7 years older than him and my husband is the same age as him.

We have helped him over the years and extended God's love to him.

I have suffered from some anxiety/depression issues and so I have a greater understanding of what he is going through.

A few week's ago my BIL died and I believe God used this to help me see that I should be happy to live and enjoy my life rather than continue in my depression/anxiety. I believe He is healing me now.

My cousin is aware of this.

I am now going out more(something which I havn't done in many years) and have confidence to talk to people in shops and do normal things.

A few weeks ago we(my husband, cousin and I ) went to the Mall and my cousin was in a very bad mood.

He made references to killing people and said that he has a greater understanding now of a well-known

Australian killer who murdered over 30 people(in 1996 in Australia).

I know he has said things like this before but It greatly alarmed me and upset me and my husband.

A few days ago, my husband and I were arguing over something trivial and he got involved and told

me that I was a "Nutcase" and needed help.

Last night, just before New Year's Eve he came over to our home and was telling my husband and I about some drawings he did of some people at the Club.

I took a look at the drawings and then flicked through the book.

He told me He had written a poem about me.

When I came across the poem I was very hurt and horrified.

The poem was vicious, nasty and hurtful. It had my name written throughout. He spoke of me being "like an ugly duckling"

and made reference to me being a "nutcase".

He spoke of sledge hammers - not sure if he was bordering on violence or not.

I was in shock because I had no idea he would think this way about me- after all we accepted him, fed him, offered hospitality and love.

I have forgiven him but am wary of whether we should cut ties with him because I am wondering

if he has some denomic force about him now.

I know the poem was to bring me down.

I have struggled with my self-image for many years - and this is one of the reasons why I didn't go out much.

But now I am happy and feel free and know that God is with me when I am out with my husband.

People have told me that I am attractive (physically and emmotionally) and I believe Satan has lied to me about my appearance because I have received a lot of teasing and hurtful comments.

I love my cousin but I don't want to go through 2008 hearing this negativity.

I am tired of hearing about him desiring to kill people and injure them - and now putting me down

secretly in poems.

What do you think?

Edited by grace222

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

hey im not sure,but i would becarefull around that guy :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

A lot of spree killers start out by making those kinds of threats. I believe you should take him seriously, and let your local police know what he has been saying. Too many times these types of people make threats that no one takes seriously until it's too late.

I think you should demand that he get some therapy, or you will cut ties with him. He is mentally ill. If he will not seek therapy, and continues to make threats about killing people, try to have him committed. HE NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP!

Do NOT drop your guard around this guy!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I don't like the sounds of this. Since he is showing you these things it could be a cry for help.....you know "Stop me before I do something stupid". Have you talked with your husband about this? If not, you should. Is your cousin a Christian? Has he ever done drugs? If he is a Christian I don't believe he can be demon possessed, but if he has done drugs they can have a long term hold on a person (my stepdaughter has some real issues because of drug abuse in her younger years).

I do think that you need to talk to someone who can help - the police may be who you need to talk to. But do talk to your husband, too. You need him to be alert and protect you.

And by the way, you are a beautiful child of God. Outside beauty is only "window dressing" and means nothing if the inside isn't beautiful -- you are beautiful.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

I have a 34 year old cousin who has some mental problems.

He tends to hang out with my husband and I because we don't have any children. I am 7 years older than him and my husband is the same age as him.

We have helped him over the years and extended God's love to him.

I have suffered from some anxiety/depression issues and so I have a greater understanding of what he is going through.

A few week's ago my BIL died and I believe God used this to help me see that I should be happy to live and enjoy my life rather than continue in my depression/anxiety. I believe He is healing me now.

My cousin is aware of this.

I am now going out more(something which I havn't done in many years) and have confidence to talk to people in shops and do normal things.

A few weeks ago we(my husband, cousin and I ) went to the Mall and my cousin was in a very bad mood.

He made references to killing people and said that he has a greater understanding now of a well-known

Australian killer who murdered over 30 people(in 1996 in Australia).

I know he has said things like this before but It greatly alarmed me and upset me and my husband.

A few days ago, my husband and I were arguing over something trivial and he got involved and told

me that I was a "Nutcase" and needed help.

Last night, just before New Year's Eve he came over to our home and was telling my husband and I about some drawings he did of some people at the Club.

I took a look at the drawings and then flicked through the book.

He told me He had written a poem about me.

When I came across the poem I was very hurt and horrified.

The poem was vicious, nasty and hurtful. It had my name written throughout. He spoke of me being "like an ugly duckling"

and made reference to me being a "nutcase".

He spoke of sledge hammers - not sure if he was bordering on violence or not.

I was in shock because I had no idea he would think this way about me- after all we accepted him, fed him, offered hospitality and love.

I have forgiven him but am wary of whether we should cut ties with him because I am wondering

if he has some denomic force about him now.

I know the poem was to bring me down.

I have struggled with my self-image for many years - and this is one of the reasons why I didn't go out much.

But now I am happy and feel free and know that God is with me when I am out with my husband.

People have told me that I am attractive (physically and emmotionally) and I believe Satan has lied to me about my appearance because I have received a lot of teasing and hurtful comments.

I love my cousin but I don't want to go through 2008 hearing this negativity.

I am tired of hearing about him desiring to kill people and injure them - and now putting me down

secretly in poems.

What do you think?

Just a few verses from the Bible why you should cut all ties with your cousin.

Prov 1:10-16

10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

11 If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:

12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:

13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:

14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:

15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:

16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood

prov 22:24 Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:

prov 24:1 Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.

Sometimes when a christian tries to help a lost person by hanging around them,alot of the time it is the christian that goes back to worldly things.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Whatever you decide to do, you need to talk it ove with your husband first and come to an agreement. When I read and pray over your post I get a sort of darkness feeling about it. Your cousin is in a serious way and is most likely going to come apart someday and hurt a lot of people.

But as long as your cousin is in good standing with your husband it will make it very difficult to break away from him.

I would contact the police though and just inform them of the things you have heard and seen and let them make a decision of whether or not they think anything might come from it. I'd not want to know that and do nothing and have him go nuts some day and hurt people without me having had it checked on.

At least that is what I would do here where I live, your situation might be different with different law inforcement and even might be different laws.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Blessings Grace222:

I do believe that you are in spiritual warfare because you have agreed with God that you no longer "fear". Fear is a spirit, and is not of God. The spirit manipulating your cousin was attracted to the spirit of fear that has left you, which is why you got along so well before. Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that you are or were possessed. But, like spirits are always attracted to one another. What I am saying is that the bible tells us that we wrestle not against flesh and blood. Satan or some of his demons are continuously trying to keep us (christians) from fulfilling our "born again" purposes. Since our fight is not with humans, we can not fight in the same manner. Put on the full Armor of God. Prayl, pray, and pray some more!

Ask God what you should do. Ask God for wisdom. He has all the answers and knows and understand the outcome because He is omnisicent. In the interim recommend that your cousin go to some form of therapy. Share your faith with him and use your deliverance as a testimony of what God can do for him. Remember, God is no respector of persons!