• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/15/1989

Aside of praying, how do you convince a friend that they cannot commit suicide. Well, okay.. let me explain...

My friend Kara is going through a really bad time in her life right now, its really horrible. And she is playing with the idea of suicide, literally everyday.

I try to explain to her that its useless, because its not want she really wants. I try to explain to her from my own personal experiences, that it isn't worth it. I've told her if she tries to kill herself and survives.. people are gonna think shes crazy or her parents are gonna get her in custody of a mentally unright home.. or into more counseling..

But it doesn't seem to help, and I pray for her more than I ever thought I could pray about someone.. I don't want her to hurt herself.. how do I help her not to.. because.. I cannot talk to her parents.. they are.. mean to her (I don't know if mean is the word I am looking for)

help?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

God bless you , Ericka! She's so blessed to have a friend like you! Tell me , is our friend also a sister in Christ? What is making her feel so down that she's feeling this way? I'm assuming that your buddy is about the same age as you, so have you told her that she'll soon be old enough to get out on her own- away from her "mean" parents? I can't offer much advice, only a listening ear, and my prayers! I hope that helps some.

Yes she is a Christian.. and I can't really go into detail much on the what is making her life so bad.. I just kinda can understand that her life does seem quite bad.. but she mostly tries to hide it, and then gets these crazy ideas about mutilating herself.

Thanks for the prayers.. I do so hope God helps this situation..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/04/1989

I'm praying ericka.

maybe you could give her a few hotlines to call. my friend gave me a few...i called once or twice and they can help.

Christian teen helpline: 1-800-394-HOPE

Suicide Prevention Hot Line: 1-800-827-7571

I'm not sure how much help they will be to her....but it's worth a try :t2:

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,296
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  04/07/1989

IM sorry Ericka. Why havnt you told me about this before? We do go to the same school and have several classes together and talk everyday! Anyway, Im sorry about her. Ill be praying also. Love ya and God Bless!

Russ

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

Yes she is a Christian.. and I can't really go into detail much on the what is making her life so bad.. I just kinda can understand that her life does seem quite bad.. but she mostly tries to hide it, and then gets these crazy ideas about mutilating herself.

Thanks for the prayers.. I do so hope God helps this situation..

Ok Ericka , Now I may be able to help. You said she "self-mutilates"? Well, I used to do that, too. A long time ago... If you think she might like to talk with someone who's been there, PM me, and I'll give you my e-mail address to give her. That way, you & I can talk thru e-mail too! God bless! I'm praying...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Ericka

I have talked to someone who was planning to commit suicide He talked about it to me because he wanted me to explain to him mom and dad why he had done it.

Well the first thing that i did was tell him that i loved him and it would smash my heart to see him do this thing to himself. I knew he loved his mother so i asked him to take a step back and think about how killing himself would cut his mom to the heart. I spent a little time talking about God and how it was not right to kill oneself because it is self murder, i talked about the love of Jesus and how that love had given me hope and strength to carry on.

My friend did not kill himself and he is still around today :P

i don't know the situation with your friend Ericka, maybe the trouble is coming from her dad or mom?? i have no idea. But i'm sure that if someone feels that someone really cares for them and loves them then that gives them hope and can do a great deal to help them through that valley of darkness that many people today find themselves travelling through.

Bless you Ericka

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Thanks all for your posts.

Some days shes perfectly fine and then another day she just shoots off at random wishing she could die. I tell her how much a care about her and how shes like a sister to me, and she tells me one person caring about her isn't enough, and it really breaks my heart. I wish I could help her somehow more. But is almost looks as if she isn't changing her mind.. please keep praying!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thanks all for your posts.

Some days shes perfectly fine and then another day she just shoots off at random wishing she could die. I tell her how much a care about her and how shes like a sister to me, and she tells me one person caring about her isn't enough, and it really breaks my heart. I wish I could help her somehow more. But is almost looks as if she isn't changing her mind.. please keep praying!

Is there any way to get her here on worthy boards. She could find a lot of people that could get to know her a bit better and she might just find many who care. Even if it is from afar.

Sam

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't know if this will help your friend or not,

but I struggled with suicide for years - in silence though.

The one thing that I held onto, the only reason I did not give in, was because I knew it would hurt the Lord, and I didn't want to disappoint Him.

I mean, the idea of the Lord greeting me at the gates of Heaven with tears in His eyes and asking, "What did you have to do that for?" didn't appeal to me very well.