• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

"It so hard to be a Christian in this modern world" one might say. How true is that, what does the Bible say?

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:30 KJV

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/28/1987

this passage says it all i think:

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." -- Matthew 7:13-14

-humanoid

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/15/1965

What is hard I suppose is our old man inclination to love the things of this world, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, the pride of life. I think the affection American Christians have for sin and the world as defined above is the root of having problems in the christian walk. Much is done because of ignorance simply because people do not read the entire bible form cover to cover and get the whole council of God.

The church in America is conformed to this world and therefore there is no life or power in them that causes amazing Christianity. Until this is resolved, we will have worthless Christianity and miserable lives.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

"It so hard to be a Christian in this modern world" one might say. How true is that, what does the Bible say?

Christianity hard or easy? It all depends how close you are following God. For someone who is new, it is a difficult walk at first, until their faith in Christ grows and they become more mature. Look at Job. It must of been hard for him to loose everything, but his faith sustained him. Placing faith in God eases the burden.

Which is biblically accurate? Matthew 11:30

What have you experienced? I'd be here all night telling you what I have experienced, so I'll my answer will be, see the first answer.

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

[quote name='Todd the Mut

In some respects following Jesus is easy, but hard at the same time. Its easy in the sense that God gives us the power to live new lives through the Holy Spirit. The hard part is giving up what we want so we can walk in surrender to the Spirit's leading. After salvation, I didn't have to "keep the rules" any more. The Spirit changed my heart and mind so that some things I used to do were not "fun" any more. It was not about rules, but a relationship with Christ.

Paul's life is an example of the paradox. God worked in his life in a mighty way because it was God's power, not Paul's doing the work. Paul talks about the price paid in persecution, beatings, angry mobs, jail, and all the rest many times in his letters. I think it safe to say that Paul's life was not "easy" in the human sense. Yet we face the same temptations in the modern world as Jesus did in His earthly ministry, and the apostles in theirs. It's mainly a matter of keeping your focus on the Lord, and not on the world -- and that's not an easy thing because the world can get loud and obnoxious at times.

1 Corinthians 10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (KJV)

Living in rebellion to God's will is probably the worst way to live for a believer, though. You are under conviction, and nothing works all the way right. Finally you realize that God really did know best, and then repent -- and live gets much easier because your focus is back on God.

:whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I personally find it very difficult to be a Christian. This is mainly, I believe, due to the fact that I have no church to go to and therefore no Christian fellowship (other than the fellowship that I get here at Worthy). This I know is not a good situation to be in and I am really looking forward to May when I will be moving to an area where there is a church. I find it almost impossible to maintain my faith in isolation. :):laugh: :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

The reason that it may seem hard is that we have not turned to Him with all our hearts. A divided heart has great and difficult battles, but it has nothing to do with the world around us, but rather our surrender or lack there of.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

[quote name='Todd the Mut

Its not easy been a christian for me but am glad you gave that quote.