OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

This may be old, but this is the first time I heard it and thought I'd pass it along. My sister emailed me this morning with this little story. Just something to think about ...

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, "Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like."

The Lord led the holy man to two doors.

He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.

The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful. But because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering.

The Lord said, "You have seen Hell."

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The holy man said, "I don't understand."

It is simple," said the Lord. "It requires but one skill. You see they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

This is so very true.

We can help each other in so many ways, but only if we can be bothered and stop thinking about ouselves for long enough.

:wub:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

God Bless you brother. :20:

That was spot on. :wub:

A long time Saint of God that I personally knew recently passed. His final message was that he prayed that revival would start in the community's of Faith that he had visited where he preached repentance and revival. This, he said, would be accomplished when the children of God would cry out to Him for forgiveness and to know His Love. Then they would be enabled to forgive and Love each other and that this would spark revival in our hearts.

Your story was just about that. May God help us to see the need that were in. :20: Then enable us to Love each other.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Although I have seen this before it's meaning is still powerful. :wub:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks One Light :wub:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

OneLight,

I just want to tell you that I rated this thread a "five" :ph34r:

That was an amazing "little story" which I've never heard before and it really got ahold of my heart. I want to say thank you for posting it and I can't wait to "share" this with someone else :) lol Who knows, maybe use it some day if the Lord ever puts me in charge of a sunday school or something like that :24::blink: thankyou :o

Crys