• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

'Parker1'

Stop making this thread about me. I have explained myself all I am going to. More than I need to, in fact.

I'm not making it about you - I asked you a valid question.

The only criteria a Follower of Christ should have is this - is the person a strong Follower of Christ with fruits consistent with the Word. (If that person is a Christian).

When God told the Israelites to not intermarry with certain folks, it was because of the customs and ways that were satanic in that particular people group NOT because of the skin colour.

You are correct His girl. God didn't want them to be influenced by the their paganism. However they did what they wanted to anyway and became pagan over and over.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member

'yesult'
To the OP. Would you be happy to be half race and half another? Your children will be and unless you can guarantee that they'll still be comfortable with their identity and treated as complete equals in whatever nation you settle in, you arn't treating them fairly.

Folks struggle with identity issues period, regardless of racial makeup.

Sorry but your comments are off centre.

No one can gaurantee how their child will turn out - a child raised in a Christian home doesn't gaurantee a good citizen the same as a full blooded African man having nil identity issues.

Hitler

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It is not right to plant seeds of fear in the mind of the OP because of racism, isolationism, dishonesty and physiological and identity problem of the children.

I figured someone would try to accuse me of racism over my comments. Doing that enables them to ignore the real issues and behave however they'd like. Regardless of who they hurt.

Hitler

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

At the risk of being attacked on here, I've often noticed inter-racial couples ending up more socially isolated then normal after marriage. More so then the foreign partner before they married. Not because people seem to view them any differently, but because they no longer fit one culture, (either culture) and it can make it harder for people of either culture to interact with them as a couple, because you're now trying to interact with two who have become 'one' but it's two cultures in one. It's kind of hard to explain but racism has nothing to do with it (although some people might try and point the finger at it to try to explain the dynamic.)

The only thing I can really think of as to why, is because God is fair, and it would make sense to me as another example of sowing and reaping. The parents basically end up experiencing exactly the sort of isolation that their kids are going to go through as being a racial blend. Liked for themselves as individual people, but not necessarily quite 'fitting in' properly. Because they arn't like everyone else around them. Close but not quite. Not because people are prejudiced, but racial differences are real and beautiful. God made them to create variety in the world. In some cultures (as I mentioned) it doesn't happen. But in others its unavoidable.

That is the biggest bunch of garbage.

This monday I celebrate my 19th anniversary of my interracial marriage. We are not isolated because we cant mix our cultures or are not accepted. God actually brought us together and witnessed to many through our marriage. Folks, Christian and unbelievers, accept us as we are. We are not shunned. Folks do not see us and get befuddled on how to interact with people of 2 different races. We are treated like people. Not skin colors.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

At the risk of being attacked on here, I've often noticed inter-racial couples ending up more socially isolated then normal after marriage. More so then the foreign partner before they married. Not because people seem to view them any differently, but because they no longer fit one culture, (either culture) and it can make it harder for people of either culture to interact with them as a couple, because you're now trying to interact with two who have become 'one' but it's two cultures in one. It's kind of hard to explain but racism has nothing to do with it (although some people might try and point the finger at it to try to explain the dynamic.)

The only thing I can really think of as to why, is because God is fair, and it would make sense to me as another example of sowing and reaping. The parents basically end up experiencing exactly the sort of isolation that their kids are going to go through as being a racial blend. Liked for themselves as individual people, but not necessarily quite 'fitting in' properly. Because they arn't like everyone else around them. Close but not quite. Not because people are prejudiced, but racial differences are real and beautiful. God made them to create variety in the world. In some cultures (as I mentioned) it doesn't happen. But in others its unavoidable.

That is the biggest bunch of garbage.

This monday I celebrate my 19th anniversary of my interracial marriage. We are not isolated because we cant mix our cultures or are not accepted. God actually brought us together and witnessed to many through our marriage. Folks, Christian and unbelievers, accept us as we are. We are not shunned. Folks do not see us and get befuddled on how to interact with people of 2 different races. We are treated like people. Not skin colors.

Hear, hear, Jadey.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Amen Jade, coming out of one of the most racist countries on earth (historcally), it is wonderful to see what is happening here. Poblem is that there are still sectors of our population (on both sides of the fence), that cannot let go yet. They are the people that make things difficult, and need a complete attitude change, they poison our society and their children, when in fact they should be embracing the change.

It is not right to plant seeds of fear in the mind of the OP because of racism, isolationism, dishonesty and psychological and identity problems of the children.

I figured someone would try to accuse me of racism over my comments. Doing that enables them to ignore the real issues and behave however they'd like. Regardless of who they hurt.

Hitler

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.87
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

they poison our society and their children

:emot-hug::huh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

they poison our society and their children

:whistling::laugh:

i find this puzzling too... :laugh:

south :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Let me explain my comment a bit better. :laugh:

The racists that still exist in my society, that cannot abide the thought of interracial marriage, and make comments about couples they meet behind their backs, or directly to them (It happens in my country occasionaly), treat children from mixed marriages with distain (Black and White people stigmatise these children on occasion), and pass this hatefull attitude on to their children (who are then prejudiced towards mixed race marriages, and any children from the marriage, as they emulate their parents), poison our society and and their children.

We are a country who is growing in our acceptance of each other after a terrible past, and the above attitude (although in the very small minority), does nothing to help with the healing process we are going through.

As I have said in two of my posts on this thread, I see absolutely nothing at all wrong with interracial marriage, and if the Lord were to decide that the woman that I was to meet, and eventually marry, was not from the same ethnic or cultural background, and if we loved each other in a Christian relationship, I would not hesitate to ask her to marry me.

Everyone clear about that now :laugh: (Sorry my comment was not more clear) :laugh: