MeCajunboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

well i hope they also pass a law of obsenity against girls wearing such low cut pants that their thong shows above them! i'd support both laws... i think the intentional display of one's underwear is obscene.

I agree. Even more obscene is the young guy leaning on the counter at my local WalMart. Droopy pants, leaning over, and it wasn't underwear that was assaulting the eyesight of those in line behind him! If my son walked about like that I'd have his head examined for termites...... :emot-wave:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sagging pants annoying? Surely (and in some cases hilarious). Obscene? Not really.

The argument could be made that this is just an attempt to further marginalize minorities. Not an argument I'm making, but expect to see it made if this law is passed.

Minorities??? I see more white kids wearing those ugly things than black kids. :emot-wave:

I hope this law wasn't made "on the fly" :emot-wave:

:laugh::cool::laugh:

("Let" Them Run Laps In The Sun With Hands High In The Air And Without Any Talcum Power Or Stopping)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.88
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I've heard it said that the one good think about droopy drawers is that they fall down when they are running from the law. :emot-wave::laugh::laugh::cool:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

Sagging pants annoying? Surely (and in some cases hilarious). Obscene? Not really.

The argument could be made that this is just an attempt to further marginalize minorities. Not an argument I'm making, but expect to see it made if this law is passed.

Minorities??? I see more white kids wearing those ugly things than black kids. :blink:

That may be true, at least in your area. But the fact is that it started within a minority sub-culture, and banning sagging pants can be seen as an attempt to suppress that which is perceived as "not white".

Guest Biblicist

I saw this in Dr. Phil. I agree with it. I am hoping mini skirts, and belly shirts are next, along with spandex shorts [unless you are a serious bike rider], leg warmers, and speedos. :blink:

There's a rapper that even wrote a song about it. Pull 'em up... :24:

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Minorities??? I see more white kids wearing those ugly things than black kids. :blink:

That may be true, at least in your area. But the fact is that it started within a minority sub-culture, and banning sagging pants can be seen as an attempt to suppress that which is perceived as "not white".

Shalom Willing,

Strawman Argument.

Race has nothing to do with the issue. Droopy pants are droopy pants, no matter what race the wearer is. Turning this into a race argument is ridiculous.

Minorities??? I see more white kids wearing those ugly things than black kids. :laugh:

It seems that, in the current PC culture in the U.S., that anything can be perceived as suppression of some group or the other. I fully expect vegan Hindu dwarfs to be demanding their civil rights any day now. :24: In regards to this 'fashion statement' with the baggy pants, how about suppressing the cult of the just plain ugly? Think any group will step up to that one? :th_praying:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

Minorities??? I see more white kids wearing those ugly things than black kids. :emot-handshake:

Shalom Willing,

Strawman Argument.

Race has nothing to do with the issue. Droopy pants are droopy pants, no matter what race the wearer is. Turning this into a race argument is ridiculous.

You're right, it has nothing to do with what the race of the wearer is, but rather what it represents: it represents black culture, which is becoming more and more dominant in youth culture today.

I started playing Devil's Advocate here, but more and more I'm starting to wonder if, at least in part, at the root of this is a culture war.