• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  185
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1972

Do you think it is "figurative" or "fire and brimstone"?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hell is a real place, IMO, a place where the damned are separated from God for eternity, decomposed hulks left in the dark at the mercy of satan, with all hope gone. I can think of no worse place to spend forever...can you?

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John 3:36 (New American Standard Bible)

:thumbsup:

:whistling:

Think God Lies

:emot-hug:

Hell

43 "And f your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,"

44 [where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.]

45 "If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell,"

46 [where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.]

47 "If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell,"

48"where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED."

Mark 9:43-48 (New American Standard Bible)

In Both Testaments

24 "Then they will go forth and look On the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me For their worm will not die And their fire will not be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all mankind."
Isaiah 66:24 (New American Standard Bible)

Between The Covers And In The Pages

18 "By the multitude of your iniquities, In the unrighteousness of your trade You profaned your sanctuaries. Therefore I have brought (AA)fire from the midst of you; It has consumed you, And I have turned you to ashes on the earth In the eyes of all who see you."
Ezekiel 28:18 (New American Standard Bible)

Even Satan Will Get His Wages!

10"And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."
Revelation 20:10 (New American Standard Bible)

Hell Is Real So We Weep And We Sow

5 "Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting."

6 "He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him."

Psalm 126:5-6 (New American Standard Bible)

:emot-hug:

New Jerusalem

But Believers Will Be Where Jesus Is!

1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me."

2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you."

3 "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."

John 14:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)

Hallelujah!

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

"The LORD bless you, and keep you;"

"The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you;"

"The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace."

"So they shall invoke My name on the sons of Israel, and I then will bless them." Numbers 6:24-27 (New American Standard Bible)

Love, Your Brother, Joe

Great Question Brother!

A Biblical answer could clear up (or not) many "confused" doctrines.

It may help explain the fervent prayers and tears for the lost going up to The Throne today.

And your question reminds me of my need To yield to The Holy Spirit's guidance as the return of KING Jesus grows eminent.

Hallelujah!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

What brother Frezno Joe, said, I thimk should suffice. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/16/1984

Why cant god kill the devils and destroy the hell and make all men as good creature so as to enter his heaven???

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/01/1991

Why cant god kill the devils and destroy the hell and make all men as good creature so as to enter his heaven???

I have no references right now but I'd really like to be a part of this conversation. So correct me if I am wrong.

God can kill the devils and destroy the hell, but would that make men good? No. Men are corrupt and have evil hearts themselves. "Noone is good except through me" I recall HIM saying. God gave us the ability to make choices, HE made us free willed, HE made us human. When He created the heavens, earth, fish, animals etc. HE saw that it was good. When HE made people HE saw that it was very good. I once heard that hell is when God finally lets men go, yes, giving up. For all their life they said "I don't want you, God." so that's the choice they made, to go to the place where God's pressence is absent. If we did not have the ability to choose between right and wrong, are we not but soulless animals?

um.. a friend of mine tells me he believes in an unconditional loving God, that all men will go to heaven despite how they live their lives. Because he thinks hell for eternity is too cruel of a punishment. I think God is my dad, treating me as if I am HIS daughter. When I decide if I am to accept HIM or reject HIM, will HE not respect my wishes? You see HE will always want you to come to HIM (with a pure an honest heart) but HE won't force you to love HIM, what HE wants is for you to want HIM.

So.... like children knowing they disobeyed, once they are punished what happens? They want out of it, make up excuses and are not willing to accept the consequences of their actions when really all along they knew it was coming. A loving parent wouldn't let them squirm their way out of it. Because the naughty children would only learn that they can get away with it.

Do you see where I'm getting at? If we will welcome HIM than we will recieve HIS blessings and spend eternity with HIM. If we shut HIM out then we are on our own. Make sense?

Edited by Dotter of Eve

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John 3:36 (New American Standard Bible)

:emot-highfive:

Think God Lies

Hell

43 "And f your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,"

44 [where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.]

45 "If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell,"

46 [where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.]

47 "If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell,"

48"where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED."

Mark 9:43-48 (New American Standard Bible)

In Both Testaments

24 "Then they will go forth and look On the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me For their worm will not die And their fire will not be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all mankind."
Isaiah 66:24 (New American Standard Bible)

Between The Covers And In The Pages

18 "By the multitude of your iniquities, In the unrighteousness of your trade You profaned your sanctuaries. Therefore I have brought (AA)fire from the midst of you; It has consumed you, And I have turned you to ashes on the earth In the eyes of all who see you."
Ezekiel 28:18 (New American Standard Bible)

Even Satan Will Get His Wages!

10"And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."
Revelation 20:10 (New American Standard Bible)

Hell Is Real So We Weep And We Sow

5 "Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting."

6 "He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him."

Psalm 126:5-6 (New American Standard Bible)

New Jerusalem

But Believers Will Be Where Jesus Is!

1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me."

2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you."

3 "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."

John 14:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)

Hallelujah!

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

"The LORD bless you, and keep you;"

"The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you;"

"The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace."

"So they shall invoke My name on the sons of Israel, and I then will bless them." Numbers 6:24-27 (New American Standard Bible)

Love, Your Brother, Joe

Great Question Brother!

A Biblical answer could clear up (or not) many "confused" doctrines.

It may help explain the fervent prayers and tears for the lost going up to The Throne today.

And your question reminds me of my need To yield to The Holy Spirit's guidance as the return of KING Jesus grows eminent.

Hallelujah!

Very nice brother Watchman. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Revalation 20 :9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are , and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

um.. a friend of mine tells me he believes in an unconditional loving God, that all men will go to heaven despite how they live their lives.

If this were true, there was no reason for Jesus to come and die.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Why cant god kill the devils

I've wondered along these lines, too. If Satan and his angels weren't around to tempt......