Mudcat

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Some folks believe, and some folks won't, but the story still ends the same, whether you do or whether you don't"

A quote from a song I heard. Pretty apt I thought.

Thought-provoking!

Edited by heresyhunter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What song is that from, ALTACALL?

Edited by heresyhunter

QUOTE (kat8585 @ Mar 30 2008, 08:22 AM)

QUOTE (Dotter of Eve @ Mar 30 2008, 07:14 AM)

um.. a friend of mine tells me he believes in an unconditional loving God, that all men will go to heaven despite how they live their lives.

If this were true, there was no reason for Jesus to come and die.

HeresyHunter observes:While I do not adhere to the heresy of Universal Salvation, I must point out the fallacious nature of kat8585's argument. Christ came to die to save us despite how we live our lives. We are not saved by works!

Edited by heresyhunter

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Well actually it's out of one of my own but I didn't think anyone would ask and I didn't want to appear haughty. I can't take the credit as it really was inspired by God. :laugh:

Well actually it's out of one of my own but I didn't think anyone would ask and I didn't want to appear haughty. I can't take the credit as it really was inspired by God. :thumbsup:

That's awesome, ALTACALL. I'm a songwriter myself. So, applied to this issue, what does it mean?

Well actually it's out of one of my own but I didn't think anyone would ask and I didn't want to appear haughty. I can't take the credit as it really was inspired by God. :laugh:

That's awesome, ALTACALL. I'm a songwriter myself. So, applied to this issue, what does it mean?

I was refering to DOTTER OF EVE who said her friend believed in an all loving God and everyone went to heaven, period. Some people will just not accept any of the bible and some want to pick and choose what they want to believe that makes them feel good. It seems some people can't justify a God that punishes people for their transgressions or unbelief so they hide in a protective shroud of an ALL forgiving GOD. The song simply says that it doesn't matter what you believe because the story STILL ends the same. :laugh:

:thumbsup:

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Psalms 139:7-14

:24:

um.. a friend of mine tells me he believes in an unconditional loving God, that all men will go to heaven despite how they live their lives.
" Some folks believe, and some folks won't, but the story still ends the same, whether you do or whether you don't"

A quote from a song I heard. Pretty apt I thought. :24:

To See Him

Is To Repent

Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. Job 42:1-6

And To Know He Lives

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: Job 19:25

And To Forever Cleave To Him

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And To Praise The LORD Jesus The Christ

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

Amen!

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Gee, thanks for the typically off-topic rant, Joe! :o

:emot-hug:

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

" Some folks believe, and some folks won't, but the story still ends the same, whether you do or whether you don't"

A quote from a song I heard. Pretty apt I thought. :24:

:laugh:

To See Him

Is To Repent

Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

And To Know He Lives

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: Job 19:25

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

Amen!

:)

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Gee, thanks for the typically off-topic rant, Joe! :emot-hug:

:th_praying:

:cool:

A quote from a song I heard. Pretty apt I thought. :blink:

:noidea:

To See Him

Is To Repent

And To Know He Lives

Amen!

:blink:

Love, Your Brother Joe

I like fresno, but that was a bit confusing. I got it, but it was quite a stretch for me. :blink:

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Hell is a real as this planet Earth is real. It was made by God for the devil and his followers.

Hell is mentioned in many dozens of Scriptures throughout the Bible, in fact there are five departments in the underworld of departed Spirits, aot one of these places is associated with or is the grave where bodies are buried.

These five departments are;

One). Paradise; In Luke 16:19-31; 23:43, we have pictured total comfort and water in this prison because the rich man saw Lazarus afar off in comfort and bliss and asked him to dip his finger in water and cool his tongue (Luke 16:19-31). This was the abode of the righteous souls from Adam after dying and leaving their bodies, being held captive by the devil against their wills till Christ's death and resurrection (Heb. 2:14-15; Eph. 4:7-11). Before Jesus Christ conqured the power of death and Hell, the devil had these powers. (Col. 2:14-17; Heb. 2:14-15; Rev. 1:18).

It was into this prison the repentant thief went with Christ the day they both died (Luke 23:43). This prison is located in the heart of the Earth as is clear from Matt. 12:40 and Eph. 4:7-11. Jesus not only went into this prison but He also went into another prison, "Tartarus," and preached to the fallen angels being held there in their own special prison. Jesus having conqured Hell and death and the grave during His crucifiction and during the three days He was in the underworld, He captured all the righteous souls that were in Paradise and took them to Heaven when He ascended on high (Eph. 4:7-11). Jesus now has the keys to Hell and death (Rev. 1:18).

Two). Tartarus; This prison is the special prison for the fallen angels that sinned both before and after the flood. There is nothing recorded in Scripture that teaches demons or human beings ever go into this prison. In these passages it is clear that there is a real Hell that is not the grave and that Spirit beings are confined in chains until judgment (1 Pet. 3:19; 2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 6-7).

Three). Hell itself; (Matt. 16:18; Luke 16:19-31). This is the torment part in the unseen world and was, still is, and will yet be the abode of all the wicked souls and spirits of men from Able to the end of the Millennium. Then, at this time all the wicked will be liberated out of this prison and will be given their own immortal bodies and be judged before being cast into the "lake of fire" forever (Rev. 20:11-15; 21:8).

Four). The Bottomless Pit or Abyss is the abode or prison of demons and certain angelic beings. No human being is ever thrown into the abyss. It is a very deep chasm in the lower parts of the Earth. It is translated "deep" (Luke 8:26-31; Romans 10:7) and "Bottomless Pit" in Rev. 9:1-3, 11; 11:7; 17:8; 20:1-10). All these Scriptures prove that there are prisons in the lower parts of the Earth for departed sinning spirits, and they are not and could never be the same as a grave on the surface of the Earth.

And Five). The Lake of Fire, is the eternal Hell and perdition of wicked men, demons, fallen angels, and all rebellious creatures of all ages who have ever rebelled against God, and who have refused to repent when they could have. It is called "The Gehenna of Fire" and is always translated Hell (Matt. 5:22, 29, 30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15, 33; Mark 9:43-45, 47; Luke 12:5; James 3:6). This prison is also called "the second death, which is the lake of fire" (Rev. 2:11; 20:6, 14). This final Hell was prepared for the devil and all his angels (Matt. 25:41-46), and for all other rebells, and it is ETERNAL in duration (Rev. 14:9-14; 20:10-15; Isa. 66:22-24; Matt. 25:46). There is no record in Scripture of anyone being the lake of fire at present. Scripture does show that the beast and the false prophet will be the first to be cast into it. This will happen before the Millennium (Rev. 19:20). They will still be there 1,000 years later when the devil and all other rebells will be cast into it (Rev. 20:10-15).

Scripture shows that there will be degrees of punishment in Hell as far as remorse and torment of the conscience is concerned (Matt. 10:15; 11:22; 12:41; 23:14; Mark 6:11; 12:40; Luke 10:14; 11:31, 32; 20:47). These degrees of punishment will be because of the kind of sins comitted by one that were not comitted by another. No man will be punished or could have remorse over something he did not do. They will all regret rebelling against God and man and failing to believe in Jesus, and repenting of sin.

Haz.