• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Don't worry about you past, we've all got one. I thank God for mine. I use it to witness. I get flash backs every day, its a great opportunity to take it to the Lord in prayer and give thanks for the work at Calvary.

We all have a past, as others have said. I have had things happen like you describe - someone from my past pops up and brings up thing that I was involved in back then. These are great oppurtunities to witness and they also serve as a reminder of what Jesus walked me out of back then. There's a sobering part too. The last time this happened, the Lord used it to remind me that sin leads only to death and destruction in our lives - no matter how "good" the enemy tries to make it look. The person I met that day was from my past, and the Lord showed me the downhill path his life was on. The only difference between the two of us was the cross.

I was tempted to lie, but then this thought popped into my mind:

"The drug dealing and everything he brought up is not who you are and what you do anymore. You are a new creature in Christ."

I never saw the person again, but it was an oppurtunity to share the Gospel with someone who desperately needed to hear it. I thank God for the chance to share. Ask the Lord to give you the words to say the next time something like that happens, and He will.

:rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

i would not worry or let it worry you use it for his glory and share what christ has done sometimes god wil bring certain things up from our past or someone who new us

latley its happend to me and all i am doing is alowing the lord to speak threw me and when i am done i let this go and ask god to help me stay focused on him and not on who i was

i am about to make an appointment to mend an old bridge and boy i can tell you i do not want to do this but i am back were i started my walk a lot of people who new me have seen the changes and have forgiven me though a few are scared of me thats cool as i know in his perfect timming they will come around as they are with in their rights to be nerves but i am praying for an oppertunity to share what he has done

this one person i stole from him a long time ago his mother has forgiven me as she was my old cell group leader but i have what i took from the son in an envelope with intrest

i was a wild boy my self all that is left of my past is my tattoos on me but god uses this for his glory the police officers that new me once no longer go out of their way to have me arrested or do they set me up like they use to i am know talking to the young people and showing them a difrent side when it comes to our police officers i have had the local detective backing me up plus i have some new friends who are police officers

so use your past for his glory and rebuke the enemy as the enemy is good at accusing the brethren face that giant and slay it just like king david did when he faced goliath

god bless from damo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

This person I known for along time, recently he told someone and I don't know if told more, he told this person my past, which was my sin life. When confronted I lied, because I was so embarressed and ashamed to admit it, and it was so long ago, but I didn't think it would come back to haunt me either. I have a past that I can't errase. :rolleyes:

I imagine that we all have felt this way. The enemy comes to us tempting us by exposing our old ways so we will go back to our life. But you'll hve . You are not the first to lie

OC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

One of my favourite scriptures, and when satan comes with his lies and he will, I pray this and thank God for it.

Blessing to you.

:rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

As it has been said many times I see, we all have a past that some of us are not proud of, but once we come to the Lord and ask forgiveness He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. The enemy (Satan) is trying to use your past to bring you down don't let him. You need to ask God to forgive you for the lie and if it comes up again use your life as a witness to others.

Paul had a past I am quite sure he wasn't proud of but he used that past to help others see past their sin and see Christ, you can do the same.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

We all have a shameful past we can not erase. However, we will do well to acknowledge that God is the only one who can erase it. He erases is from His records (if I may use the word "records" to make the point). And that is what ultimately matters, that it is erased from our having to pay the price for the spiritual debt we have incurred. Jesus paid the price, so when things come up in our lives that cause us to be ashamed, we have to take the perspective in our minds of how Jesus paid the debt for what we did. Yes, we are not proud of what we have done, but let us not compare our sins to others sins, because they are ALL sins against God for which Jesus paid the price for us to be exonerated from guilt and shame. I hope that helps you.