IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

I know if a woman came to my door witnessing wearing pants, I would have a poor impression of her church.

If a woman came to my house witnessing wearing pants, I would never visit her church. That is because I would feel like the church was fine with sin, and wasn't speaking out against it.

I'm sorry but I need to say something about this.

First off...I couldn't give a hoot what anybody wears. As long as they're not running around naked, they can wear whatever they want. The type of clothes one wears does not make one better then the next.

Matthew 23

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I would still like to understand how people arrive at the convictions they do (especially if they are not prescribed). What is behind them?

You know what I have noticed after several years of reading people's "convictions" at WB? People read a verse or two, and they feel like G-d is telling them something, personally. Things like, modesty means no pants, only skirts. Women must wear long hair, etc. Women must be silent in a church. Never mind that rarely does the conviction have anything to do with what the verse or verses are actually saying! Inspiration does not extend beyond the Word(s) of G-d; a person's thoughts and feelings about something said in the Bible are not inspired, and are generally worthless, especially if they lead to ridiculous "conclusions" about an issue the Bible is more or less silent on.

Another thing I noticed is that many Christians are "passive/aggressive." That is, they claim their convictions are "personal," yet hang them out there for all the church to see, and make really odd statements like this:

If a woman came to my house witnessing wearing pants, I would never visit her church. That is because I would feel like the church was fine with sin, and wasn't speaking out against it.

I love Butero dearly, but what an absurd thing to say! It's offensive in the extreme and warrentless because there is nothing in Bible that would lead one to this conclusion. If it's not in the Bible, then it's a conclusion based on one's interpretation of some verses, likely found in Corinthians or the Pastorals, wrongly applied. If a woman came to his house and he told her what he wrote here, I'm quite sure she wouldn't him visiting her church. So, that goes both ways, Butero.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

:th_praying::laugh:

I'm sorry everyone, but I get such a hoot out of seeing the same old conversation over and over again about such mundane "issues" as whether or not wearing pants is immodest. Here I am reading through the thread and there is one person here who spoke of her size and describing what she wears in a way that takes from her proclamation of modesty and another speaking of the wind catching her skirt and bringing it up so high that the world can see nether land, and then claim modesty!!!! That is so laughable I'm rolling!! Aint nothin like contradicting ones self.

As for those who think that a woman must wear a skirt to maintain modesty vs wearing pants all I have to say is this. When I go to church I am not going to church to get the approval of people, I go there to glorify the Lord and since the Lord knows what I look like inside and out, He isn't too concerned if I am wearing slacks, jeans, or a skirt....

Like many others here you all pretty much know my POV on this subject.

Thanks it was entertaining to say the least

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

What this world needs

Is for us to care more about the inside than the outside.

Have we become so blind that we can't see?

God's gotta change her heart before He changes her shirt.

What this world needs

Is for us to stop hiding behind our relevance.

Blendin` in so well that people can't see the difference

And it's the difference that sets the world free.

What this world needs

Is a Savior who will rescue,

A Spirit who will lead,

A Father who will love them in their time of need.

A Savior who will rescue,

A Spirit who will lead,

A Father who will love,

That's what this world needs.

-Casting Crowns

:th_praying:

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

What this world needs

Is for us to care more about the inside than the outside.

Have we become so blind that we can't see?

God's gotta change her heart before He changes her shirt.

What this world needs

Is for us to stop hiding behind our relevance.

Blendin` in so well that people can't see the difference

And it's the difference that sets the world free.

What this world needs

Is a Savior who will rescue,

A Spirit who will lead,

A Father who will love them in their time of need.

A Savior who will rescue,

A Spirit who will lead,

A Father who will love,

That's what this world needs.

-Casting Crowns

:th_praying:

:laugh: I love Casting Crowns music!

Guest Biblicist

This is like a soap opera. Same old story line, same characters, different day. :th_praying: Honestly, I don't know why anyone continues...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/20/1976

My view on the subject is well known. If a woman came to my house witnessing wearing pants, I would never visit her church. That is because I would feel like the church was fine with sin, and wasn't speaking out against it.

What do wearing pants and commiting a sin have to do with each other. Are you saying that it's a sin for a woman to wear pants? No disrespect, but if that's the case....that's got to be the silliest statement I've ever heard.....

And to think....no wonder the world looks at us like we're a bunch of loony people.....

I would still like to understand how people arrive at the convictions they do (especially if they are not prescribed). What is behind them?

I'd love to know the answer to that same question....

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Satan is having a laugh at how he has managed to get a group of CHristians to miss understand a verse in Bible then get everyone to argue over it, a matter that is so obvious and trivial that we should not even be giving it a certain thought.

:rolleyes:

I know if a woman came to my door witnessing wearing pants, I would have a poor impression of her church.

I'm sorry but I need to say something about this.

First off...I couldn't give a hoot what anybody wears. As long as they're not running around naked, they can wear whatever they want. The type of clothes one wears does not make one better then the next.

Matthew 23

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

I don't believe it is warrantless. It is my view that Deuteronomy 22:5 prohibits women from wearing clothing that applies to men, just as men are not to wear women's garments. The word abomination is used in relation to this sin. If it is warrantless to take the position I do, then when a man shows up witnessing in a dress, I don't want to hear the outcry among Christians. . . .

I posted this earlier but it seems to have gone unnoticed so I'll post it again . . .

Duet. 22:5 is addressing women wearing something other than just men