angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

please lets not talk about Bush or anybody else ,right now I like to know more about this church...........

Just go to some of the sites that have Wright's quotes from his past sermons. There are plenty of them, just Google it. Then ask yourself whether they are preaching the Gospel of Christ. . . or something else.

But be for-warned. Wright likes to take the Lord's name in vain. A lot.

Is this Mr Wright the leader of this church only and are there more of these churches anywhere else ?(not that I'm interested in going there)

I will search tomorow for some of the sermons he preached on google,

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that preacher Jeremiah stands up for the black people because of all the slavery they went through, but where does it say he has anything against white Christians, do some people go overnboard by making harsh judgements ? :huh:

We haven't had slavery in this country in over 140 years.

If they want to move forward, they need to let go of the past.

That mindset they have is nothing but an anchor.

Exactly........they.

The blacks need to get off this slavery issue. There's not one black person alive today that was ever a slave.

By holding onto this slavery thing, they're giving themselves an excuse not to move forward. They're blaming everyone but themselves for their situation in life.

"They" are holding themselves back.

Thanks again, I see ...what they believe should be starting with Jesus first and to love eveybody as Christ loves the church, do any white people attend his church? Or is it only for black people, the missionaries I know and who are my friends are white ,they live in Kenya but I can't see them being so decieved to believe that this church is a true church of God ?

I really don't understand how this church could be so focussed on the Africian people first ...........that sort of sounds racist allright, but how can you be a

born again Christian and not love all Gods children equal? :huh:

very confusing....

Don't misunderstand what I am trying to say. I can not judge the hearts of those who attend, but I can see where they want to take them. Remembering where you come from is not wrong, but to create a new theology out of it is wrong. There is only one theory in Christianity, and it is from the Bible and is His theology.

You say your friends live in Kenya? I am sure that this church does a lot for that Nation and that your friends only know about what is done there. They probably do not know or understand what the church is completely about, nor do I for that matter, but they will judge on what they see and here. Don't blame them or think that they are wrong for loving.

In His Love,

OneLight

Yes, my friends do love in Kenya and they are home for one year on furlough, they are lovenly Christians with a big heart for everybody, I'm absolutely sure that they don't understand the depht this church is teaching people....I'm still shocked that this church claims to be Christian but not love one another because of skin color........I thought those days were gone??

I doubt if you really can be a Christian with this mind set??

I know that preacher Jeremiah stands up for the black people because of all the slavery they went through, but where does it say he has anything against white Christians, do some people go overnboard by making harsh judgements ? :huh:

We haven't had slavery in this country in over 140 years.

If they want to move forward, they need to let go of the past.

That mindset they have is nothing but an anchor.

Exactly........they.

The blacks need to get off this slavery issue. There's not one black person alive today that was ever a slave.

By holding onto this slavery thing, they're giving themselves an excuse not to move forward. They're blaming everyone but themselves for their situation in life.

"They" are holding themselves back.

I understand what you mean , we should really be praying for this church that they can see the love of God for everyone and not them first and that the God wants us to go forwards... are we sort of second class people in their eyes?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I feel that it is important for you to understand about the system they hold so dear.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

THE BLACK VALUE SYSTEM

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System, written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee, chaired by the late Vallmer Jordan in 1981.

Dr. Manford Byrd, our brother in Christ, withstood the ravage of being denied his earned ascension to the number one position in the Chicago School System. His dedication to the pursuit of excellence, despite systematic denials, has inspired the congregation of Trinity United Church of Christ. Prayerfully, we have called upon the wisdom of all past generations of suffering Blacks for guidance in fashioning an instrument of Black self-determination, the Black Value System.

Beginning in 1982, an annual Black Value System

I understand what you mean , we should really be praying for this church that they can see the love of God for everyone and not them first and that the God wants us to go forwards... are we sort of second class people in their eyes?

It's sad that it's the way it is. There's no reason for it.

You're right....all we can do is pray.

I think we're more of an enemy to them then a second class citizen. And let me stress that not all blacks carry this slavery banner. It's just sad that any of them even do.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

rev Wright is a fine human being and unlike Bush (and yes, I am slamming Bush), Wight served in vietnam. Believing in Jesus should have no bearing as to whether you like Bush or not (or if you like Obama or not)), but too many chistians think Bush is God's man and will not see the simple facts.

Obama, in my opinion is good.

You seem to interject Bush into every thread you can.

Read some things that Wright has actually said, in his church and to his congregation, not what some pro-Wright website has to say in the way of praise and damage control. He is a racist and he hates America.

He almost makes Westboro Baptist church look good. Almost.

I will tell you why I slam Bush. because our country has gone down the tubes. All the religious right can say is 9-11. 9-11. Well how about you answer the following:

Unlike Bush, Obama is not in bed with a ton special interests (Hillary is, McCain is).

Anyway, name 2 things that Bush has done that have been goor for Joe American? (By the way, I use to be a conservative, but the Lord showed me I was wrong)

Shpw me any politician not in bed with special interest and I'll show you an unemployed politicisn :huh:

I feel that it is important for you to understand about the system they hold so dear.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

THE BLACK VALUE SYSTEM

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System, written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee, chaired by the late Vallmer Jordan in 1981.

Dr. Manford Byrd, our brother in Christ, withstood the ravage of being denied his earned ascension to the number one position in the Chicago School System. His dedication to the pursuit of excellence, despite systematic denials, has inspired the congregation of Trinity United Church of Christ. Prayerfully, we have called upon the wisdom of all past generations of suffering Blacks for guidance in fashioning an instrument of Black self-determination, the Black Value System.

Beginning in 1982, an annual Black Value System

It's sad that it's the way it is. There's no reason for it.

You're right....all we can do is pray.

I think we're more of an enemy to them then a second class citizen. And let me stress that not all blacks carry this slavery banner. It's just sad that any of them even do.

:huh: very sad indeed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

rev Wright is a fine human being and unlike Bush (and yes, I am slamming Bush), Wight served in vietnam. Believing in Jesus should have no bearing as to whether you like Bush or not (or if you like Obama or not)), but too many chistians think Bush is God's man and will not see the simple facts.

Obama, in my opinion is good.

This thread is NOT about Mr. Bush......PLEASE try to get with the program. You do this in every thread; enough already. (Yes, we all do it occasionally but give it a rest, would ya?) :huh: