• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Trinity United Church of Christ.

What do you know about this church?

I was talking today with a friend and she thinks its a good solid church, what do you know about this church?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Are you referring to the one Obama went to?

Here is the link ... Trinity United Church of Christ

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Thank you for sending their statement of believe, my friend thinks they are true Christians (they are actually missionaries in Africa) I heard statements :thumbsup: here on WB about them be racist....but by reading the link you sent me, it sounds good or doesn't it?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

I dont know this guy seems pretty racist is to me. Hes more concerned about black people and africa than humanity as a whole. Hes for "restoration" and his commitment to "africa"- what about the rest of the World? Hes to concerned about the division- its sad. :thumbsup:

Thank you for sending their statement of believe, my friend thinks they are true Christians (they are actually missionaries in Africa) I heard statements :) here on WB about them be racist....but by reading the link you sent me, it sounds good or doesn't it?

I dont know this guy seems pretty racist is to me. Hes more concerned about black people and africa than humanity as a whole. Hes for "restoration" and his commitment to "africa"- what about the rest of the World? Hes to concerned about the division- its sad. :thumbsup:

Thank you for sending their statement of believe, my friend thinks they are true Christians (they are actually missionaries in Africa) I heard statements :) here on WB about them be racist....but by reading the link you sent me, it sounds good or doesn't it?

I know that preacher Jeremiah stands up for the black people because of all the slavery they went through, but where does it say he has anything against white Christians, do some people go overnboard by making harsh judgements ? :21:

I know that preacher Jeremiah stands up for the black people because of all the slavery they went through, but where does it say he has anything against white Christians, do some people go overnboard by making harsh judgements ? :huh:

We haven't had slavery in this country in over 140 years.

If they want to move forward, they need to let go of the past.

That mindset they have is nothing but an anchor.

I am not trying to say that anybody is not a Christian, but I will tell you that the statement he made about the start of the churches vision does scare me. "The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology." I grew up in the 50's and 60's when Black Power meant anti-white. Lets look at their 10 point vision.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

1. A congregation committed to ADORATION.

2. A congregation preaching SALVATION.

3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.

4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.

5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.

6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.

7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.

8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION.

9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION.

10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

Click here to read about Dr. Wright’s talking points for Trinity United Church of Christ its Web site and the Black Value System.

I question how liberal this means? I also see nothing about the whole Body of Christ. To be honest, this is not a church that I would attend because it is totally focused on the black race. Do some more research on who they are and what they teach. I have nothing against the black race or Africa. The trouble I see is that this is all they seem to bring forth.

In His Love,

OneLight

I am not trying to say that anybody is not a Christian, but I will tell you that the statement he made about the start of the churches vision does scare me. "The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone

please lets not talk about Bush or anybody else ,right now I like to know more about this church...........

Thanks again, I see ...what they believe should be starting with Jesus first and to love eveybody as Christ loves the church, do any white people attend his church? Or is it only for black people, the missionaries I know and who are my friends are white ,they live in Kenya but I can't see them being so decieved to believe that this church is a true church of God ?

I really don't understand how this church could be so focussed on the Africian people first ...........that sort of sounds racist allright, but how can you be a

born again Christian and not love all Gods children equal? :huh:

very confusing....

Don't misunderstand what I am trying to say. I can not judge the hearts of those who attend, but I can see where they want to take them. Remembering where you come from is not wrong, but to create a new theology out of it is wrong. There is only one theory in Christianity, and it is from the Bible and is His theology.

You say your friends live in Kenya? I am sure that this church does a lot for that Nation and that your friends only know about what is done there. They probably do not know or understand what the church is completely about, nor do I for that matter, but they will judge on what they see and here. Don't blame them or think that they are wrong for loving.

In His Love,

OneLight