O'Dannyboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

I couldn't believe it when I heard tha China and Cuba are drilling 60 miles off the coast of Florida, and Dems are still standing in the way of us drilling. What's their excuse for letting them drill, if they are so concerned about the environment, their pet excuse???

Well, actually, it's Cuba that's letting them drill. BUT, I say if there's going to be drilling anyway, why would anyone be concerned about our own drilling? It's stupid. I hope everyone is continuing to keep the pressure on Congress. :rolleyes:

They are cross-drilling into territory Cuba does not exercise sovereignty over. In other words, Cuba is allowing China to steal our resources right from underneath us, literally.

Nope...not Cuba....our own stupid government. If Washington stands still, with their hands up, for this....I will never respect my government again. :t2:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I lost respect for my government with the amnesty bill last year. Actually when the Repubs let the Dems win congress last time.

Cuba has no authority one way or the other over the oil in our territories. China is SLANT drilling towards the US, something which OUR country (the powers that be) should be stopping immediately. Maybe China will accidently kill a seal or some other sea-life in the process then we KNOW the drilling will stop. :)

I believe the correct term for that is angle drilling. :laugh:

Time to vote all incumbents out of office and take back the country before its past too late and we wake up one morning in a 3rd world country.

Cuba has no authority one way or the other over the oil in our territories. China is SLANT drilling towards the US, something which OUR country (the powers that be) should be stopping immediately. Maybe China will accidently kill a seal or some other sea-life in the process then we KNOW the drilling will stop. :thumbsup:

I believe the correct term for that is angle drilling. :thumbsup:

Time to vote all incumbents out of office and take back the country before its past too late and we wake up one morning in a 3rd world country.

That would be wonderful, but Dems aren't going to vote out their own. Sadly Repubs won't, either. But I wonder if they would if we got some real conservatives running.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

That would be wonderful, but Dems aren't going to vote out their own. Sadly Repubs won't, either. But I wonder if they would if we got some real conservatives running.

Considering how FED UP the American people are, with the two major parties, I'm wondering if anyone has seen the opportunity to run independent candidates for Congress. To me, with the economy in chaos and public opinion of government at an all time low, this would be the perfect time. I'm all for 'throwing the bums out' and putting in new players, while instituting term limits on Congress; something that's unlikely to pass with all the 'lifers' in office right now. Example: Robert Byrd; has he ever had any other job? He's been in Congress for over 60 years! A career politician becomes stale and useless; like bread left on a shelf for too long. :whistling:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

What do you think is more likely to happen? A viable, influential independent party, or a civil war/revolution?

Also, I don't like the indepedent party, what we need is the "Moderate" party, or American Nationalist Party.

Considering how FED UP the American people are, with the two major parties, I'm wondering if anyone has seen the opportunity to run independent candidates for Congress. To me, with the economy in chaos and public opinion of government at an all time low, this would be the perfect time. I'm all for 'throwing the bums out' and putting in new players, while instituting term limits on Congress; something that's unlikely to pass with all the 'lifers' in office right now. Example: Robert Byrd; has he ever had any other job? He's been in Congress for over 60 years! A career politician becomes stale and useless; like bread left on a shelf for too long. :whistling:

Independents have won seats before.

What do you think is more likely to happen? A viable, influential independent party, or a civil war/revolution?

Also, I don't like the indepedent party, what we need is the "Moderate" party, or American Nationalist Party.

I don't like the term "Moderate". Most moderates are liberals in disguise. We need a Conservative party that is proud to be called that, and is truly conservative.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I don't like the term "Moderate". Most moderates are liberals in disguise. We need a Conservative party that is proud to be called that, and is truly conservative.

In principle I agree. But, most Americans are Moderate, left/right, which is why I would prefer an American Nationalist party, or a more powerful Constitution party.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Butero
I couldn't believe it when I heard tha China and Cuba are drilling 60 miles off the coast of Florida, and Dems are still standing in the way of us drilling. What's their excuse for letting them drill, if they are so concerned about the environment, their pet excuse???

And you were right not to believe it when you first heard it. You'd be right not to believe it any time because it's not true. Someone may be standing in the way of something, like the truth. Do you have any factual information on said drilling or did you just hear someone say it?

Here is the truth. China and Cuba are exploring for oil 60 miles off shore. That is beyond the boundaries where we have any control over the situation. We are not allowed to explore for oil off shore because of environmental extremists in the Democratic Party, like Barak Obama. If oil is found, you can bet China and Cuba will begin drilling. The only false information that was put out was that they were already drilling, and liberals are now trying to ignore the fact they are exploring for oil with the intentions of drilling. With the oil shortages we have, we should be opening up all areas for exploration now.

Here is a link to a short story about the joint venture between Cuba and China:

http://www.priceofoil.org/category/cuba