• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Even if it was a "bar-code", that does not make bar-codes evil in them selves or something we should avoid now.

Actually, my larger point was that most barcodes don't even contain the number 666.

Even if every barcode did have the number, it would mean absolutely nothing.

I don't believe the "mark" is a physical symbol or object. I believe it is spiritual in nature and is placed upon an individual by God Himself. It is God who marks these people, not the beast.

I believe this verse has something to do with the "mark".

2 Thess. 2

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

----------------------------------------------------------------

Gathering material for your next book? :thumbsup:

I don't believe G-d places the " mark "...your scripture quote is in reference to those who have already condemned themselves thru unbelief,

2Thess 2:12, That they might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe G-d places the " mark "...your scripture quote is in reference to those who have already condemned themselves thru unbelief,

2Thess 2:12, That they might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Thess.2

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Not everyone who believes in God is saved.

Not everyone who is a non-believer is going to follow the beast.

Who is more apt to look for signs and wonders, believers or non-believers?

Matthew 24

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

These signs and wonders are going to be so convincing that the people who actually know the truth will do a double take. Most non-believers will simply regard them as the people did when Christ was here the first time.

2 Thess. 2

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Countless multitudes are sitting in churches believing they are saved when in fact they are not, because they are being lied too. And then there are those who know what the truth is, who know the difference between right and wrong, who know the will of God, but for one reason or another they ignore it. Most believing they have more time.

"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie..."

Why would God cause non-believers to believe a lie when they don't believe to begin with?

If verse 11 is speaking of only non-believers, what is the purpose of the "Two Witnesses"?

Doesn't God say that it would be better for someone not to know Him, then to know the truth and ignore Him?

I believe, and this is only my belief, that when God sends that strong delusion, He is in fact "marking" these people.

The beast has no need to mark anyone. God searches the heart and knows who belongs to who. He doesn't need a "mark" to keep track of the 2.

One more thing.........if the "mark" is physical, how is it going to be implemented? Do you realize how long it would take to mark each and every non-believer?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Don't forget that Jesus tells us that nothing can snatch you out of the hand of the Father..... you won't be tricked into taking the mark (whatever it turns out to be). When the time comes, you will have a decision to make between the satanic beast and his/her image and our Lord. Simple as that.

The mark itself could be most anything from a bar code to one of the new tattoo RFID's to a good sized purple smiley face. We really won't know until the time comes to deal with it. It seems to me from just using common sense and todays happenings that we will go to a cashless society before that comes up.... but who knows??????

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

i think the barcode is a way to divert attention.

its possible the mark (in forehead and in right hand) will be believeing the lie (in forehead) and doing the work of the beast (right hand)

thats NOT a thus saith the LORD or something he has told me. just a theory i have kicked around. i am praying about revelation on the mark. havent got it yet. his timing is perfect.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

In a nutshell. The mark of the beast is not 666?

There will be three things men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist: The mark of Antichrist, his name, or the number of his name. What the Antichrist's name and mark will be is not stated in Scripture; but the number of his name is stated as being 666. Therefore, no man can now know his name or his mark and will never be able to know them untill the Antichrist comes. However, anyone now can know that 666 is the number of his name, as revealed in Revelation 13:18.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Don't forget that Jesus tells us that nothing can snatch you out of the hand of the Father..... you won't be tricked into taking the mark (whatever it turns out to be). When the time comes, you will have a decision to make between the satanic beast and his/her image and our Lord. Simple as that.

The mark itself could be most anything from a bar code to one of the new tattoo RFID's to a good sized purple smiley face. We really won't know until the time comes to deal with it. It seems to me from just using common sense and todays happenings that we will go to a cashless society before that comes up.... but who knows??????

Think that the mark will be some sort of tatoo or implant which is prohibited under the mosaic covenant. There are two types of marks, one belonging to the beast, the other belonging to God, the 144,000 Jews who will come to Christ in the tribulations period..

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

My understanding is that the 3 sets of double lines (1 at the beginning, middle and end) do indeed represent the number 6 but are not read for the purpose of gathering information. Their purpose are to set the parameters for the laser to read the code. Each numeric position has (I believe) 7 sections which are either white or black and thus represents the numbers below. The 3 sets of lines simply provide a means of accurately scaling all the spaces. Since items are scanned in a variety of positions it is necessary to have 3 measurable references to allow the computer to adjust for perspective and curvature.

That's my understanding of the bar code.

Is it the mark of the beast?

I don't believe so.

Is it part of the system of the beast pertaining to buying and selling?

Absolutely . . . I think

But . . . I've been wrong too many times to count.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I think that the mark of the beast is probably the international ID system. All countries have the "id card" in one form or another or are about to get it. America (or at least the DHS) seems absolutely determined to have "Real ID", it looks like UK will have the most draconian of ID systems ever thought of (in fact Hitler or Stalin would have been ecstatic at the thought of it), just about all European countries already have their own system, just about all Asian countries, Australia will probably implement one, and we have our "digi-driving licence". The EU is already talking about an EU wide ID card superceding all the ones already in place in Europe and America is talking about an "American Union" (that will soon mean an "Americard" or what ever), and from there it might just gravitate to a "new world order ID card".

Revelation 14:9

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand,

Well you would use your hand to "use" the card. And, it is logical that most cards would carry an RFID chip to hold all your "details", and that eventually you would be "required" to produce the card when buying or selling anything at all, or making any transactions. So it is also logical that eventually the chip will be replaced by an implant (maybe in your forehead).

Already this generation has been brought up to believe that it is normal to use EFTPOS cards for paying for everything, or student id cards to pay for school lunches, or even books or trips. It will be so easy to eliminate cash altogether from commerce and they will all think it is a wonderful idea.

Revelation 13:17

so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

With real id Americans choosing not to carry a national ID, the site warns, will be prohibited from driving a car, boarding a plane, train or bus, entering any federal building, opening a bank account, or possibly from holding a job. So how much buying or selling do you think you'll be able to do without a real id card? This of course goes for the rest of the world too. I have read that the British government are trying to "sell" the id idea to commercial interests, mainly to justify its existance, and it seems believable that the rest of the world will follow suit. So it doesn't really matter if there is a world wide card or not.

The Bible's prediction that there will be "great deception", I believe, has already happened. So many people have been deceived into believing that there is a "terrorist threat" and that "security means safety" - 'peace and safety' - and the id card system will "help fight terrorism". To this end people don't seem to mind being numbered, stamped, branded and categorised, as in: One centralized ID number for every citizen so the government can connect all citizen financial accounts, medical records, properties, possessions and memberships. Even the governor of Kentucky proposed that all Internet users be required to submit a Real ID number to websites that offer forum/blog posting to eliminate Anonymity.

However, what pretty much "clinches the deal" for me is:

Revelation 16:2

The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly and painful sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped his image.

Because the VeriChip Corporation, manufactures of the VeriChip

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

"I think that the mark of the beast is probably the international ID system"

There will be three things men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist: The mark of Antichrist, his name, or the number of his name. What the Antichrist's name and mark will be is not stated in Scripture; but the number of his name is stated as being 666. Therefore, no man can now know his name or his mark and will never be able to know them untill the Antichrist comes. However, anyone now can know that 666 is the number of his name, as revealed in Revelation 13:18.

All that is revealed is the number of his name. His mark will not be known untill he reveales it himself.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

What the Antichrist's name and mark will be is not stated in Scripture; but the number of his name is stated as being 666.

Wait, I thought we were talking about the Beast. Are they the same?