• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hey everyone,

There are some things kind of heavy on my heart and I've been waiting for something real to post, and the thought came to mind of the hymnist.... his son had just died. He and his wife were on a boat, and they reached the place where his plane had crashed. The father went down into the bottom of the ship and penned the words "it is well with my soul".

I don't think at that point I could say "it is well with my soul".... it's not natural.

What is faith? We hear of Hebrews 11:1 being the definition of faith "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen", but rather, it is the description of faith. Faith is "looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith". It's looking unto Christ, taking our eyes off of the world, off of the circumstances whatever they may be, no matter how impossible they may seem. Looking unto Jesus....

When our heart is breaking, of fear, or pain, heartache... Christ says "come unto me, and I will give you rest. For I am meek and lowly and heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light". Come unto me.

Christ spoke of the vine and the branch, that the branch can not bear fruit without the vine, but so, the branch can not survive without the nourishment of the vine. No plant, no tree, can truly survive and thrive without it's roots, without it's stem or trunk... it provides the nourishment it needs, and the strength to stand up against the storms. Christ our vine, we are the branch, and we just need to hide in him, rest in him, rest in his strength.

1 Cor 12:9 says "my grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness" and paul said in verse 10 "for when I am weak, then am I strong". When we are weak in Christ, he can be our strength.... His grace is not only just enough, his grace is no only enough for one part of a circumstance, or only so many hours, days, years... He grace is SUFFICIENT.... it is enough

The Bible promises us strength for the day. He doesn't give us the strength we need for two years from now, or two days from now, but he gives us the strenght that we need for each given day... we shouldn't worry about the days to come, simply trust Him, simply rest in Him.

When we look to Jesus Christ, the only and only living Savior, we learn that "all is well", we learn that God has a plan. Even when we can't understand what is going on, we can trust God that he is in control. When we can't see our hand in front of our face, or when the next step we can't see, trust in God.

We often think of the poem called "Footprints" where Jesus picks us up and carries us through the hard times.... Gen 15:1 says Christ is our sheild and our exceeding great reward... David often times called God his hiding place....

Run to your prayer closet and give it all to the Lord. He's in control, He knows what's best, and he has a better plan in mind than we could ever dream of. When Christ came to this earth, he was no immune or distant from being able to feel our infirmities. He knows about the trials of life... the Lord suffered hunger, and probably heartache, he suffered frustration, he suffered the greatest loss.... he suffered being weary often in the flesh.... but when Christ was weary, he often went into the mountain to pray, it where he recieved his strength.

When we trust Christ, looking solely on him, and no longer on the situation at hand, knowing that God has a greater plan, then we can "It is well with me soul".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Hey everyone,

There are some things kind of heavy on my heart and I've been waiting for something real to post, and the thought came to mind of the hymnist.... his son had just died. He and his wife were on a boat, and they reached the place where his plane had crashed. The father went down into the bottom of the ship and penned the words "it is well with my soul".

I don't think at that point I could say "it is well with my soul".... it's not natural.

What is faith? We hear of Hebrews 11:1 being the definition of faith "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen", but rather, it is the description of faith. Faith is "looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith". It's looking unto Christ, taking our eyes off of the world, off of the circumstances whatever they may be, no matter how impossible they may seem. Looking unto Jesus....

When our heart is breaking, of fear, or pain, heartache... Christ says "come unto me, and I will give you rest. For I am meek and lowly and heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light". Come unto me.

Christ spoke of the vine and the branch, that the branch can not bear fruit without the vine, but so, the branch can not survive without the nourishment of the vine. No plant, no tree, can truly survive and thrive without it's roots, without it's stem or trunk... it provides the nourishment it needs, and the strength to stand up against the storms. Christ our vine, we are the branch, and we just need to hide in him, rest in him, rest in his strength.

1 Cor 12:9 says "my grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness" and paul said in verse 10 "for when I am weak, then am I strong". When we are weak in Christ, he can be our strength.... His grace is not only just enough, his grace is no only enough for one part of a circumstance, or only so many hours, days, years... He grace is SUFFICIENT.... it is enough

The Bible promises us strength for the day. He doesn't give us the strength we need for two years from now, or two days from now, but he gives us the strenght that we need for each given day... we shouldn't worry about the days to come, simply trust Him, simply rest in Him.

When we look to Jesus Christ, the only and only living Savior, we learn that "all is well", we learn that God has a plan. Even when we can't understand what is going on, we can trust God that he is in control. When we can't see our hand in front of our face, or when the next step we can't see, trust in God.

We often think of the poem called "Footprints" where Jesus picks us up and carries us through the hard times.... Gen 15:1 says Christ is our sheild and our exceeding great reward... David often times called God his hiding place....

Run to your prayer closet and give it all to the Lord. He's in control, He knows what's best, and he has a better plan in mind than we could ever dream of. When Christ came to this earth, he was no immune or distant from being able to feel our infirmities. He knows about the trials of life... the Lord suffered hunger, and probably heartache, he suffered frustration, he suffered the greatest loss.... he suffered being weary often in the flesh.... but when Christ was weary, he often went into the mountain to pray, it where he recieved his strength.

When we trust Christ, looking solely on him, and no longer on the situation at hand, knowing that God has a greater plan, then we can "It is well with me soul".

That's where faith really comes in -to DO trust Him !

Good that God doesn't give up on us:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Wonderful post! So many tend to forget this as we go about our daily lives which are filled with distractions and trials. When we can separate ourselves from the woes and worries of daily life we begin to see how it can be 'well with our soul'.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Hey everyone,

Absolutely beautiful!!!! What a perfect time to be reminded of who our Keeper is.

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

The Lord was really working on my heart today, some things that have been going on, and something that he has really been showing me these past several months is to simply trust Him... no matter how impossible the situation may seem, God is in control. God is in control. God is in control. Simply trust Him. He has a plan. And then.... "looking unto Jesus". No matter what happens with a situation, no matter how heart-wrenching, God still has a plan that is much sweeter than ours. Thank you

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

<< Psalm 139 >>

1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.

2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;

You understand my thought from afar.

3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down,

And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.

4 Even before there is a word on my tongue,

Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

5 You have enclosed me behind and before,

And laid Your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;

It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?

Or where can I flee from Your presence?

8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there;

If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.

9 If I take the wings of the dawn,

If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,

10 Even there Your hand will lead me,

And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

11 If I say,