IGNORED

Did Jesus die for everyone?

larryt

Who did Jesus die for?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Jesus paid the debt for.......

• All men/women from Adam to the end.
    • Only believers before the cross & all men/women since the cross.
    • Only men/women since the cross none before.
    • Only His People in all times, none others.
    • Other.(please explain)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

What we believe must be based on the Word of God or we risk being deceived just as Eve was deceived. When we bring in our own ideas/personal beliefs this is where it is headed.

LT

I have mentioned many times that this is a thought and I do believe that it is possible, but I have made no doctrine on it and warned others not to. It is in the same line as we are the only people God mentions in the Bible, but have you wondered why He made so many other universes? When you spend time contemplating an issue that is not covered in scripture, at some point, you are swayed one way or another.

Still, I will not close the door on the possibility that God has touched the hearts of others that never heard of Christ and His salvation before dying, through the Holy Spirit, to a point where they gave their heart to God as HE made Himself known to them. It is really simple and not heresy. Again, as Christians, we are geared to think only of scripture and with going forth and make disciples of the world. Thinking of God working outside of what He has made known to us is basically looked down upon and discouraged, and for good reason, but as a Christian, I realize that He does not tell me everything He does.

This is the last time I will comment on this on the boards, for I do not want to cause anyone any more opportunity to take what I have said and create a belief upon it. It is something personal I shared, and now wonder if it was wise to do so. Think to yourself of questions you have for God that are not covered in scripture, and if you are honest with yourself, you may find that you have taken a slight stance on them. This is the case here for me.

God Bless,

OneLight

The Word of God is solid ground, everything else is sinking sand.

LT

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Jesus paid the debt for ALL from Adam to the end.

Hi FA,

Did you read the quote I put from John Owen?

What do you make of it?

LT

Where is it, Larry? Sorry, I am a latecomer to this thread...

Post #77 page 8 bottom. If you read the posts in the thread then we all don't have to be redundant.

LT

I don't always have the kind of time required to sit and read 8 pages of opinions.

Anyway, I read the piece in question, and as unbelief is what it is, Christ died for it as well, but the unbeliever has yet to have the blood of Jesus Christ applied to it, so he misses out on salvation.

It's there for the taking, but left unassumed, one remains in darkness. The blood must be APPLIED.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

LT

LOL ... then you don't believe in the Milky Way because it is not in the Bible, or any other celestial bodies? Yo also must not believe in germs, for they are not also mentioned. The list goes on and on and on ...

LT

LOL ... then you don't believe in the Milky Way because it is not in the Bible, or any other celestial bodies? Yo also must not believe in germs, for they are not also mentioned. The list goes on and on and on ...

And just what does the Milky Way and germs have to do with whether or not Jesus paid the debt for just His people or for everyone. It is when we start deviating from scripture in the matters of salvation that we end up in heresies and worse.

LT

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

i thought he paid the debt for any who believed on him

i thought he paid the debt for any who believed on him

He did.

LT

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I thought he paid the debt for the whole world. That is what the scripture you posted at the top said:

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Sorry if you discussed this verse earlier in the thread, I didn't see it.

Cheers,

Legoman

I thought he paid the debt for the whole world. That is what the scripture you posted at the top said:

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Sorry if you discussed this verse earlier in the thread, I didn't see it.

Cheers,

Legoman

Hi lego,

What do you think of the quote from John Owen, English puritan from the 1600's posted #77?

LT

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

LT

And just what does the Milky Way and germs have to do with whether or not Jesus paid the debt for just His people or for everyone. It is when we start deviating from scripture in the matters of salvation that we end up in heresies and worse.

LT

Sorry Larry, but your statement reminded me of someone who once told me that all of God can be found in the Bible. I was only using these examples in hopes that you will see that not everything He has done, is doing or will do can be found in scripture. As I mentioned before, I believe God told us only what He knew we needed for salvation and more of an introduction to who He really is. God is far more then what we find in scripture. Again, I will leave you to ponder just how much more He is then what is told to us in scripture, and leave you to your imagination as to how wonderful and beautiful God is.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,052
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Rom. 1:18.

FOR WHO DID CHRIST DIE?

John Owen

The Father imposed His wrath due unto, and the Son underwent punishment for, either:

1. All the sins of all men.

2. All the sins of some men, or

3. Some of the sins of all men.

In which case it may be said:

1. That if the last be true, all men have some sins to answer for, and so, none are saved.

2. That if the second be true, then Christ, in their stead suffered for all the sins of all the elect in the whole world, and this is the truth.

3. But if the first be the case, why are not all men free from the punishment due unto their sins?

You answer, "Because of unbelief."

I ask, Is this unbelief a sin, or is it not? If it be, then Christ suffered the punishment due unto it, or He did not. If He did, why must that hinder them more than their other sins for which He died? If He did not, He did not die for all their sins!"

Very interesting questions to ponder.

LT

Just because God did everything necessary to provide the propitiation necessary for redemption of all humanity, that does not satisfy the requirements of God placed upon them in order for the atonement to be applied to their case.

Ps 32:5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

Pr 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Foolishly, some confuse the prerequisites set forth by God for our forgiveness with the actual means whereby it was obtained, as if man