IGNORED

Africa & the Bible: the myth of a cursed race

nebula

Guest HIS girl
What was the basis to think that the Africans were desended from Ham and Canaan? Canaan was a tribe found inhabitig the Promised Land and more likely to be white skined. Anway isn't the curse from Generational sins confined and limited to 4 generations??

Given,

The original Jews I don't believe as having been white skinned. I know you are talking about the Canaanites - I'm just referring to the original Jews.

"Lighter skinned" yes - as opposed to the darker melanin in Africans but certainly not European white.

I think Jesus was a Sabra Jew...does that sound right to anyone?

A Sabra is a native born Israeli. I think the term you are looking for is "Sephardic." They are typically much more Mediterannean in their appearance with the olive skin and black, curly hair.

That sounds right. Thanks.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/21/1967

:thumbsup: All and every curse humankind can think of before the dying for the Sin nature by Jesus Christ has been paid for because of Jesus Christ.

Therefore all this silly talk about blaming the Cush or Cain generational line-age for Africa's or the black man's problems is all pretty and interestingly DUMB. :)

I shudder at the thought... if Jesus Christ did not die for the Sin nature, ...of what other reasons (superstitious) we would have for issues in society:

Colour of ones' skin??? :blink: This is the more reason I personally believe that evolution is racist, NOT simply that I protect the God idea!

The bible clearly states that humankind has a fallen state at natural birth - note NO colour stated - and can only be regenerated(Redemption) by accepting Jesus Christ as his or her Personal God (Christ in You): NOT a change of skin colour!

This then far outweighs blaming a whole race for the Sins of their fathers. One race-s sin is different from another's but all is borne from or out of the same Adam nature.

Salvation is a Personal thing NOT a national or racial thing; hence, the ills of one society are a determinant sum of the Adam-ic nature in it as against the Christ nature.

Hence, Bible declares, Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.

Nevertheless, the Church is an invisible moral government: Not a physical arbitrator!

Church is people in whom Jesus (Christ) dwells individually! :)

Edited by Emanuel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

:th_praying:All and every curse humankind can think of before the dying for the Sin nature by Jesus Christ has been paid for because of Jesus Christ.

Therefore all this silly talk about blaming the Cush or Cain generational line-age for Africa's or the black man's problems is all pretty and interestingly DUMB. :40:

I shudder at the thought... if Jesus Christ did not die for the Sin nature, ...of what other reasons (superstitious) we would have for issues in society:

Colour of ones' skin??? :P This is the more reason I personally believe that evolution is racist, NOT simply that I protect the God idea!

The bible clearly states that humankind has a fallen state at natural birth - note NO colour stated - and can only be regenerated(Redemption) by accepting Jesus Christ as his or her Personal God (Christ in You): NOT a change of skin colour!

This then far outweighs blaming a whole race for the Sins of their fathers. One race-s sin is different from another's but all is borne from or out of the same Adam nature.

Salvation is a Personal thing NOT a national or racial thing; hence, the ills of one society are a determinant sum of the Adam-ic nature in it as against the Christ nature.

Hence, Bible declares, Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.

Nevertheless, the Church is an invisible moral government: Not a physical arbitrator!

Church is people in whom Jesus (Christ) dwells individually :)

I agree...and thanks for the reality check.

All this debate about race, what color was Yahshua, what color are Jews. Who cares and what does it really matter in light of the work of Christ. Much of this talk leads to doctrines of racism and division. Christ died for all and his work transcends race and skin color. We were all cursed with the wages of sin no matter what skin color or where your from.

We should think in terms of what we all have in common.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

:rolleyes: awesome Neb, funny how we can misconstrue our memory, i thoght it was Ham who was cursed.

Not only that but i didnt know that the four sons went to those destinations and Cannans likely end. Very enlightening thanks for posting.

from a whitey.

I thought it was real cool.. I never knew that people looked at blacks as a cursed nation. Maybe it's because I was born overseas.. anyway. It was really interesting. I didn't know that Cush was referred to 52 times in the bible or that Cush is Sudan not Ethiopia! Wow... what a huge mistake in Bible translation. So all of Magog's allies will be Muslim nations. How interesting.

Ethiopia was much larger in the beginning. it covered that entire region so what is Sudan today was the biggest part of ethiopia then.

"Gog" is speaking of the Caucus mountain regions. The same area that Russia just took away from Georgia. "Magog" means "from gog" the Persians (Iran) come from Gog.

Gog is an invasion from what is today eastern Georgia and controlled by Russia. Magog is an invasion from Iran.

back to the OP:

My great grandmother was a Mormon and this "mark of Cain" nonsense comes from there. The really stupid thing is that ALL of Cain's descendants were wiped out in the flood. There are no descendants who could carry that mark anymore.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I thought it was real cool.. I never knew that people looked at blacks as a cursed nation. Maybe it's because I was born overseas.. anyway. It was really interesting. I didn't know that Cush was referred to 52 times in the bible or that Cush is Sudan not Ethiopia! Wow... what a huge mistake in Bible translation. So all of Magog's allies will be Muslim nations. How interesting.

Ethiopia was much larger in the beginning. it covered that entire region so what is Sudan today was the biggest part of ethiopia then.

"Gog" is speaking of the Caucus mountain regions. The same area that Russia just took away from Georgia. "Magog" means "from gog" the Persians (Iran) come from Gog.

Gog is an invasion from what is today eastern Georgia and controlled by Russia. Magog is an invasion from Iran.

back to the OP:

My great grandmother was a Mormon and this "mark of Cain" nonsense comes from there. The really stupid thing is that ALL of Cain's descendants were wiped out in the flood. There are no descendants who could carry that mark anymore.

We don't know about the women who went on the ark, do we? Were they all descendants of Seth?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

So the curse that men would have to till the ground out of the sweat of their brow and would dominate women and that women would have agony in childbearing is automatically null and void by the death of jesus too?

Sorry, but I hadn't noticed. You have to claim promises. I've never found that every promise in the bible automatically just fell on your head. 'By his stripes we are healed'. Why are there still sick christians if it's all automatic?

And it's interesting that I just stumbled across this because I just finnished quoting Jer 13 to someone who claimed ethiopians were actually jewish. Jer 13 - can an ethiopian change his skin, or a leopard his spots.

When God curses, he curses. So you'd better be really sure that you arn't under a curse regardless of who you are. That means claiming redemption through the sacrifice of jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Not sure what you are arguing, yesult.

Africans aren't descendants of Canaan, the one who was cursed.

As for Ethiopians being Jewish or not, if Europeans and Russians can have Jews in their midst, why not Ethiopians? Descendants are descendants, no matter if there is mixed blood or not.

Rahab and Ruth - one a Caananite and one a Moabite - are a part of the lineage of David, you know.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Since God created people with all types of skin color...I can't figure out how some can think they are better because they're 'lighter'. Such is the way of imperfect man. Btw, we all have the built in protection from the sun's rays, regardless of our race, and we see it when we 'tan' after exposure to the sun. God is awesome in that He thought of every detail when we were created. :th_praying:

I agree with you! Interesting tidbit: We were created from the earth (dirt) of which there are basically 5 colors of dirt. Of course its no coincidence that there are 5 basic skin colors as well. (Red, yellow, black, brown and white.)

I hadn't thought of that! Wow, interesting. And true.

Some other thoughts from one much wiser than I; the human body contains much the same trace elements found in soil and all humans alive today descend from a common ancestor (proven by mitrochondrial DNA). Just as the Bible says. And nearly all civilizations either bury or cremate the dead, even in remote areas where modern life doesn't encroach and they have never heard of 'ashes to ashes, dust to dust', suggesting such behavior is innate. :)

Better to cremate human remains than have to deal with the extreme offense of a decaying corpse. Nothing is quite as distressing as the sensory and psychological impact of putrefaction. The whole purpose of embalming the deceased is to

-on a gut-level- deny the reality of death. The whole point of Western funerary custom is to soften the blow for those still living.

I either want to be cremated or given a "green burial" with no nasty embalming fluids. When I'm done with it, I want my body to go back to the Earth with nothing to impede it from doing so. How about a biodegradeable coffin made of jute?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Not sure what you are arguing, yesult.

Africans aren't descendants of Canaan, the one who was cursed.

As for Ethiopians being Jewish or not, if Europeans and Russians can have Jews in their midst, why not Ethiopians? Descendants are descendants, no matter if there is mixed blood or not.

Rahab and Ruth - one a Caananite and one a Moabite - are a part of the lineage of David, you know.

There's a difference between a whole nation being jewish and having a few in their midst - and unlike from what I can see from some of the arguments here - the bible seems to be indicating that ethiopians were/are black. Hence the scripture I posted.