• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Matthew 10

34 Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

36 And a man's foes shall be those of his own household.

37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

38 And he who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me.

This passage struck me lately. Especially verse 37.

He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

Ive been seeing a lot of people lately who dont want to give up things or people in their lives who lead them away from the Lord. Someone who is saved, but who has a rabidly antiChristian boyfriend who is shaking their faith. Someone who loves their fiance and is living with them, but wont stop that sin to follow the relationship with Christ.

Jesus told us what the greatest commandment is in Matthew 22:

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?

37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

We say He needs to be first in our lives, but is He? Are we allowing someone or something to take precedence? Do we encourage new believers enough to put aside the things or lifestyle or even the people who come between them and the Lord? Is our heart and our focus on the Lord first?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1959

:th_praying: Jade this should make everyone do a reality ck and make sure that their relationship with God always begins with him in the mornings and ends with him at night and in between that we are to be thankful that he chose to die for us when we were nothing but filthy rags. Give praise to him in everything we do and in everything we do let it be pleasing unto the Lord!!!

Love Cecee

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Matthew 10

34 Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

Ive been seeing a lot of people lately who dont want to give up things or people in their lives who lead them away from the Lord. Someone who is saved, but who has a rabidly antiChristian boyfriend who is shaking their faith. Someone who loves their fiance and is living with them, but wont stop that sin to follow the relationship with Christ.

37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

We say He needs to be first in our lives, but is He? Are we allowing someone or something to take precedence? Do we encourage new believers enough to put aside the things or lifestyle or even the people who come between them and the Lord? Is our heart and our focus on the Lord first?

Amen sister. :vader:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Ahhh, the simplicity of the word! Very refreshing. Love it!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/16/1971

thank you for that truth that is so often pushed to the back burner, Christianity today is bent on being so p.c. and/or tolerant that the simple basics of Christianity are lost somewhere between the back of the back pew and the door. it is a sad reality indeed that people places and things are more important than the desires and will of the One who gave his life for ours, taking all our sin past present and future, "he that knew no sin became sin..." when are we going to wake up and start shouting this from the roof tops? when are Christians today going to get their heads out of the sand and stand for righteousness? thank you again for this truth that is so often ignored.

In Christ Trish

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Great post! True to the Word.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

Thanks,

;) great post.

reality checks, great

lomi

Matthew 10

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I have actually seen this passage anger some people and claim that your interpretation has to be wrong. But, thanks for being true to it and embracing it in your life.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

A great discussion of this very concept is in the book Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Read chapter 5, Discipleship and the Individual. It rocked my world

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

I'm glad I picked that book to go through with my friend! Now I'm really looking forward to it!