IGNORED

Can we decide when the end of the world will be?

RockstarNurse

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/26/1983

I caught a little blurb on TV the other day and in it Obama was talking about making coal clean. Now, you have to understand that I live in Western Ky where EVERYTHING that Obama says about coal is a very important topic. My husband commented that he thought Obama was trying to get rid of coal and I informed him that, no, Obama did not say that exactly. He just said he would institute such high emmission taxes that it would bankrupt the industry if they didn't "clean up their act", persay. Sorry, too lame :) . Now, this led us into the actual point of this thread...

My husband's made the valid point that there isn't a very efficient way to clean up coal, that it is, in and of itself, "dirty" and will burn that way. Very true. Now that begs the question...

If the earth has a set number of natural resources, and if using them up more rapidly also kills the earth itself, had our rabbit race into technology and worldly dependance on power, etc, actually shortened our time on this earth. Have we, in moving so far away from the lifestyle that the people of the bible lived, actually sped up the "end times"? I mean, think about it...a lot of the signs of the end times are weather related things that we ourselves have caused by what we have done on this earth. I guess what I really want to know is, does anyone think that God would have allowed the earth to exist longer if we would have kept life simpler? Did we set this ball into motion with our hunger for technology and industrial advances?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

To conglomerate my thoughts simply -

The End Times are about God's judgment on the people of the earth for their sin.

The sins outlined in the Bible have to do with idolatry, greed, murder, sex outside of marriage, homosexuality, gossip, slander, etc.

It is the increase of these things that hasten the end, not the development of any tools that God may use in the process.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Have we, in moving so far away from the lifestyle that the people of the bible lived, actually sped up the "end times"? I mean, think about it...a lot of the signs of the end times are weather related things that we ourselves have caused by what we have done on this earth. I guess what I really want to know is, does anyone think that God would have allowed the earth to exist longer if we would have kept life simpler?

God has a timetable that no man knows. Saying that, scripture tells us that we will turn away from Him in the last days. This would include becoming selfish in many ways, thinking only of ourselves and abandoning the "old ways". In 2 Timothy 3, we can see what people will be like in the last days.

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power.

Did we set this ball into motion with our hunger for technology and industrial advances?

Technology was meant to increase and was for told by Daniel in the following verse:

Daniel 12:4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

A guy who studying the green house problem told me that the planet will meet crises within 50 years

.....Did we set this ball into motion with our hunger for technology and industrial advances?

Sin

"Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake."

"And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another."

"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."

"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold."

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Matthew 24:9-13

But Salvation

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

"For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."

"And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?" Romans 8:21-24

Is Of The LORD

"The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand."

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." John 3:35-36

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The end of days has been predetermined by God. We have no bearing on this timetable; the Lord has His own reasons for everything. Even thermonuclear war will not destroy the earth unless it is His will.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.91
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

It has to do with the number of Gentiles to be saved. When that specific # is reached, the rapture will occur.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

I caught a little blurb on TV the other day and in it Obama was talking about making coal clean. Now, you have to understand that I live in Western Ky where EVERYTHING that Obama says about coal is a very important topic. My husband commented that he thought Obama was trying to get rid of coal and I informed him that, no, Obama did not say that exactly. He just said he would institute such high emmission taxes that it would bankrupt the industry if they didn't "clean up their act", persay. Sorry, too lame :) . Now, this led us into the actual point of this thread...

My husband's made the valid point that there isn't a very efficient way to clean up coal, that it is, in and of itself, "dirty" and will burn that way. Very true. Now that begs the question...

If the earth has a set number of natural resources, and if using them up more rapidly also kills the earth itself, had our rabbit race into technology and worldly dependance on power, etc, actually shortened our time on this earth. Have we, in moving so far away from the lifestyle that the people of the bible lived, actually sped up the "end times"? I mean, think about it...a lot of the signs of the end times are weather related things that we ourselves have caused by what we have done on this earth. I guess what I really want to know is, does anyone think that God would have allowed the earth to exist longer if we would have kept life simpler? Did we set this ball into motion with our hunger for technology and industrial advances?

Noone will know the exact timeing of God except for Him. What is happening today is in Gods plan and there is nothing we can done to stop his plans. Which brings me to a verses I would like to share.

The Lord Almighty has spoke- Who can change his plans? When his hand moves, who can stop him? (Isaiah 14:27)

So you see, there is nothing we can do or not do to change his plan.

God bless, brothaman

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

According to Jesus the answer is, "No":

He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or periods that the Father has set by His own authority. (Act 1:7 CSB)

They are set by God already

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I believe we are in the End Times, tensions are rising between many countries, the Korea's, Pakistan and India, Israel and Gaza. World War 3 is imminent and that will create a series of catastrophic events upon the world. There is also an increase of natural disasters, from volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis, to blizzards, hurricanes and tornadoes. Every coast will drench in water, every landscape will plummet into the ground. Cities will be devastated and madness among the people will commence. All of this will come like a thief at night. The destruction will cast away mankind and lead us astray begging for mercy. The world will ultimately be in despair. People will suffer, people will be weary and hopeless without a future. They will try with all their might to cling onto the life they once had but it will be too much for them to endure.

Like a shimmer of hope or a ray of light shining through the darkness, or a flower blossom blooming to life in a desolate wasteland, one will rise up among them with great chivalry and ever so callous demeanor who will conquer the wickedness from deep within the core with the pinnacle of righteousness. He will face the unknown with bravery that surpasses all. He will guide humanity into salvation and perfect harmony. He will not yield to the wicked ones and He will endow us with His strength and everlasting life. For He is the ultimate source of life, our bread and water, to nourish us with, it will be encrypted within our souls. The essence of all that is worth to cherish and never anything that is harmful to our being. With Him to guide us, we are complete, physically, mentally, and most importantly spiritually. With Him the wickedness will subside and cease to exist. We will live in joy and fervor amongst eachother without hatred or anything that ails us. The wicked tyranny in high places who represent evil will be powerless against us, with His armour bestowed to us. No more pain, no more anguish, no more corruption, no more chaos, no more fear, no more violence or hostility. No more wars or oppression. The world will be harmonized and the balance will be restored and will enter the Milllennium and the City of Zion will cometh down from Heaven. There will be global spiritual rebirth amongst the people and the wicked ones will be laid to rest with the Rapture. For they have chosen to become enemies. Our Lord gives everyone the opportunity to receive His aid and guidance, so that they can walk His path and live wondrous lives without anything to interfere or cause a disruptance but those who are wicked refuse this and try to ward anything off that we shall receive from Him. Which leads us away from all that is good and all that is righteous.

We who remain protected in His armour that we will inherit, shall remain unscathed and He will shield the lost with guidance to salvation. We rejoice in His name, we shall remain in complete fervor amongst eachother and live in joy, and this joy is the joy of the one who has clothed us with Holy garments, our beloved Saviour, Redeemer, and Shepherd, Jesus Christ, and the Father and Holy Spirit. We praise thy names of the Holy Family who cleanses and washes us of sin and purify's our hearts with tender love and care.

The bible tells us that these events will be set in motion in our Lord's timing and will but no one else knows the precise date and time, not even our Saviour; only the Heavenly Father. We can only guess so that we can try to prepare.

Edited by lighttriumphsdark