IGNORED

Did Miss California lose the Miss USA title because of her answer?

Paul 84

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

On Fox yesterday I saw where she said that she felt God was testing her and she just felt she needed to stand up for her beliefs and convictions, andthat is the way she was raised. Kudos to her and I hope that whatever she ends up doing her light for God and Christ shine through!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I mean, her response is actually incorrect. We DON'T live in a country where you can choose same sex marriage or "opposite marriage" (...), unless you live in one of a handful of states. So I might bust her simply for being wrong.

Guest LadyC

i disagree. we DO live in such a country. people can CHOOSE to be homosexual, and can CHOOSE to get married in a state that permits it. depending on the individual state, you may or may not have to move there and establish residency.

i think her answer could have been a little stronger on the first part. she answered part two (why or why not) very clearly, but she failed to answer the first part (do you think other states should follow suit) very well. she could have said "no, i do not think other states should follow".

but these girls are put on the spot with these questions. they aren't given their questions in advance so they can rehearse their answers, and given the circumstances, i think she did a pretty good job.

but i have no doubt that perez specifically chose that question for her because he knew she was a christian.

i heard that the director of the miss california pageant was "personally hurt" and offended by her answer and implied that she doesn't even deserve the california crown.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

To make it clear....I said his website was pagesixsixsix.com. Past-tense. Sorry for any confusion. Once his decidedly unoriginal name became popular, he changed the name of his website.

I also wonder what a person who idolizes Paris Hilton might know about what it takes to be Miss America....? :24:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

To make it clear....I said his website was pagesixsixsix.com. Past-tense. Sorry for any confusion. Once his decidedly unoriginal name became popular, he changed the name of his website.

I also wonder what a person who idolizes Paris Hilton might know about what it takes to be Miss America....? :24:

Well he has excellent tastes in shoes.... :24:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Miss California Feels Backlash From Former Hollywood Friends and Colleagues

Link

~~~~~

Some notes of interest:

"[shanna] Moakler [now the director of the Miss California USA pageant] and her business partner, Keith Lewis, a strong activist against Proposition 8, were so infuriated over Prejean

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

On a side note, I had never would of thought that the issue of homosexuality would render a win/loose verdict for Miss America. Is there not one moral issue that they will not destroy? The Boy Scouts are no longer what they use to be either. Sad ... really sad ... :24:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Miss California Feels Backlash From Former Hollywood Friends and Colleagues

Link

~~~~~

Some notes of interest:

"[shanna] Moakler [now the director of the Miss California USA pageant] and her business partner, Keith Lewis, a strong activist against Proposition 8, were so infuriated over Prejean

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I saw Perez Hilton on the news last night. He is a very sick individual, full of self righteousness and pride. He said that he did not like how she worded her response, but if she had worded it the way he like, he would of voted for her. He was also quite forthcoming about talking with two 16 year old "Christians" that sided with him, agreeing that homosexuals should marry, feeling this speaks for the whole Christian community. Sure hope his popularity is very short lived, but I doubt that will happen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

hannity just had her on. wow! she is an incredible lady. and very beautiful. she doesn't regret what she said. she said she is blessed and she's full of joy. she was glad to have the opportunity to proclaim her beliefs on national tv!

she said she wants to be a motivational speaker. i think she's got a Huge "in" with this situation.

oh, and she said she has forgiven hilton for the things he has said about her. and she said Jesus Christ is her Lord and Savior.

i'm just so impressed with her. someone so beautiful on the inside and the out!

:wub: You and me both Charitow, she is a virtuous woman (Proverbs 31:10-31)