Thank you Dave :noidea: Awesome post.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I try.... try... to just have patience and to not pray for it. For, as a new Christian, I prayed for it and would get one obstacle after another... it was an onslaught of challenges that tried my faith.. and patience. My Daddy was the most patient man I have ever known. As an adult, I realized the depth of his strength and faith - he supported so many of us (my Mamma, 6 kids, his mother, his 2 aunts).... and he never raised his voice, never cursed, never showed any sign of impatience or wrath. My father, worked hard and had little free time - the free time he did have he enjoyed building boats. It took him 8 years to build the most beautiful boat - teak decks, gorgeous woodworking, brass fittings... it was a beauty. I can remember when we took it to our house on the river and that he allowed my brother, Will, to drive the truck which pulled my Daddy's masterpiece. He cautioned Will when we reached the boat ramp to go slowly and with inch-by-inch patience to line up the boat correctly - Will, who was a seasoned driver of about 6 weeks, guided the trailer into the slip.... my father stood by and guided him... I was sitting in the truck, watching carefully.... the ramp was steep and Daddy called out to Will to go slow.... it happened so quickly, the big boat kind of pulled away from the trailer and truck and suddenly the truck was sliding down the ramp and before I knew it... there was water in the floorboard of the truck and Will was squealing tires trying to get traction and Daddy just stood in horror, watching his boat, his truck and two of his kids sliding quickly into the river.... By this time a crowd had gathered and someone with a big wrecker backed down the ramp and was attaching a tow-line. I did not have the faith in my brother, Will, that Daddy did - so I got out of the truck through the window and swam to the dock... Somehow, Daddy was able to reach that boat and get it safely detached from the trailer and floating - the truck was pulled up the ramp and we were all safe. The boat was scraped hard and damaged that day during all this fiasco.... It did not seem to bother my Dad... he simply 'fixed' it... with the same tireless patience that he approached all things. I try each day to live my life in a way that is pleasing to God and .... also a way that Daddy would be proud of. I admire anyone with patience - it is a virtue that is won by hard work and faith.

I enjoyed your post Dave... God Bless!! :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Amen amen... :rolleyes:

don't you love it when the work God has done and is doing in your life "rises to the occasion" and you pass the tests of the day..

boy I do.... :rolleyes:

God is soooo good!!!!! :cool:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

"Patience is not in the waiting, it is in how we wait" - Martin Luther. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the post tah, beleiver - I was never a patient person until I learned how to wait. Now I try to wait in Jesus, and the solution or answer nearly always comes.

But I am only human and sometimes I lose it! :rolleyes::cool:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Excellent post! :rolleyes: I love it when we are obedient and God rewards us in ways we never dreamed of. I guess that is why my favorite verse of Scripture is Ephesians 3:20 "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us."

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

It is so simple and yet we complicate things.God and Jesus says follow me and when we do then everything goes smoothly beyond our expectations.

Thank you God and Jesus

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Thank God you didn't let circumstances ruin the day. You have the patience of a saint, and it sounds like you are a very loving father and husband!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks for sharing, Dave. :047: